jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:
Still think Romo ends up in Denver.

Hope I'm wrong.

Even if he ends up in Denver or Houston, I don't think he lasts the season. He's proven to be pretty fragile. Competing with an injury prone Romo and a mediocre Alex Smith, I think the Raiders have a good shot to take the division next season.

Somewhere, Kalil Mack is rubbing his hands together at the idea of Romo in the AFC West.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Elway isn't going to admit he's wrong about Lynch or Siemien. So no he won't go to Denver IMO.

The only reason they ever considered Manning was mostly because Elway wanted to escape Tebowmania and Manning was the only guy to make that happen(who was available)
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sports-nfl/20170217/20170217184907545708608/?cid=featuredsports_media_Floyed

Quote:
Ex-Cardinal Floyd pleads guilty, gets 24 days in jail

New England Patriots wide receiver Michael Floyd has pleaded guilty to second offense extreme drunken driving and been sentenced to 24 days in jail.

The former Arizona Cardinals player entered the plea in Scottsdale City Court on Thursday.

He also was sentenced to 96 days home confinement and will be required to wear GPS and alcohol monitoring devices during that time. Floyd was ordered to undergo alcohol counseling and pay a $5,000 fine.

Floyd was arrested Dec. 12 after police found him unresponsive at the wheel of his running car. Police say he had a blood alcohol level of 0.217. Anything over 0.08 is considered driving under the influence.

The Cardinals released Floyd shortly after his arrest and he signed with the Patriots, winning a Super Bowl ring though he wasn't active for the title game.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Even if he ends up in Denver or Houston, I don't think he lasts the season. He's proven to be pretty fragile. Competing with an injury prone Romo and a mediocre Alex Smith, I think the Raiders have a good shot to take the division next season.

It's interesting that Romo apparently has KC as one of his possible places where he'd like to play. The Chiefs are pretty good, but Smith is the classic definition of game manager. A healthy Romo would unquestionably be an upgrade. Still, I doubt that could happen. Houston and Denver do make the most sense.

I think Denver is the better fit of the two. They have a better defense than the Chiefs and better receivers as a group. If Romo can stay healthy watch out. the Patriots can be beat. They benefited from a Falcons team that massively choked in the 4th quarter and a Steeler team that lost their all pro RB and had a defense missing key pieces. Denver with a good QB can do serious damage.

KC is the better option:

1. Denver doesn't have the edge in receivers. Denver has two good options (Sanders, Thomas) versus three good options in KC (Maclin, Kelce and Hill).

2. You can't collect on your contract if you're not ambulatory. Denver has a borderline below-average to bad OL (their C is good, the rest are pretty awful. KC has a pretty good OL.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...h-altercation/
Quote:

Darrelle Revis Reportedly Under Investigation After Pittsburgh Altercation; Lawyer Says Jets Star Was The Victim

PITTSBURGH (CBSNewYork) — Pittsburgh police are reportedly investigating Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis following an early-morning altercation earlier this week.

According WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh, authorities are considering filing felony charges against the seven-time Pro Bowler. He, however, has not been charged.

Sources told the station that two men approached Revis on the city’s South Side at around 2:30 a.m. Monday, complimented his clothes and asked if he was Revis, who acknowledged he was. The men continued to follow the football star and began recording video of him on a cellphone, the sources said.

A shoving match then allegedly ensued as Revis, who is from the Pittsburgh suburb of Aliquippa, asked the men to leave him alone. The men claimed Revis grabbed the phone, tried to delete the video and then threw it into the street.

A friend of Revis’ then approached, the sources said. The two men who allegedly followed Revis were then punched, but it’s unclear who struck them, according to the report. A police officer said he had spotted Revis talking to two people, and that after he circled back around the men had been knocked out and Revis was gone, the sources said.

Both men were treated at a hospital, one with broken bones around his eye, WTAE reported.

Revis’ lawyer told CBSPittsburgh.com that the cornerback was in town visiting family and friends when he was allegedly assaulted by a group of five people and needed medical treatment.

Why aren't the Jets filing charges? Revis stole $17M from them last season.

Pittsburgh, huh? Steelers will have nothing to do with him now.

And they need CB help.

What on Earth makes you think Revis that would offer CB help? He was terrible last season.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

It's interesting that Romo apparently has KC as one of his possible places where he'd like to play. The Chiefs are pretty good, but Smith is the classic definition of game manager. A healthy Romo would unquestionably be an upgrade. Still, I doubt that could happen. Houston and Denver do make the most sense.

I think Denver is the better fit of the two. They have a better defense than the Chiefs and better receivers as a group. If Romo can stay healthy watch out. the Patriots can be beat. They benefited from a Falcons team that massively choked in the 4th quarter and a Steeler team that lost their all pro RB and had a defense missing key pieces. Denver with a good QB can do serious damage.

KC has decent receivers though they don't have that big target guy like Thomas on the outside. They also run the ball much better and that will help keep Romo from having to sling the ball a lot. Plus Chiefs OL is in much better shape. But really, either team would be beneficial for him. Honestly though, his best fit is Houston in terms of location, pieces, and need. He just needs to be ok with being paid less than Osweiler.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:

Darrelle Revis Reportedly Under Investigation After Pittsburgh Altercation; Lawyer Says Jets Star Was The Victim

PITTSBURGH (CBSNewYork) — Pittsburgh police are reportedly investigating Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis following an early-morning altercation earlier this week.

According WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh, authorities are considering filing felony charges against the seven-time Pro Bowler. He, however, has not been charged.

Sources told the station that two men approached Revis on the city’s South Side at around 2:30 a.m. Monday, complimented his clothes and asked if he was Revis, who acknowledged he was. The men continued to follow the football star and began recording video of him on a cellphone, the sources said.

A shoving match then allegedly ensued as Revis, who is from the Pittsburgh suburb of Aliquippa, asked the men to leave him alone. The men claimed Revis grabbed the phone, tried to delete the video and then threw it into the street.

A friend of Revis’ then approached, the sources said. The two men who allegedly followed Revis were then punched, but it’s unclear who struck them, according to the report. A police officer said he had spotted Revis talking to two people, and that after he circled back around the men had been knocked out and Revis was gone, the sources said.

Both men were treated at a hospital, one with broken bones around his eye, WTAE reported.

Revis’ lawyer told CBSPittsburgh.com that the cornerback was in town visiting family and friends when he was allegedly assaulted by a group of five people and needed medical treatment.

And they need CB help.

What on Earth makes you think Revis that would offer CB help? He was terrible last season.

I was being sarcastic, sheesh. Anyway I haven't looked at Revises performance from last year, if he played poorly, could be due to injury or bad fit. He Has been considered a good CB up until this last year, that was my point.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

KC has decent receivers though they don't have that big target guy like Thomas on the outside. They also run the ball much better and that will help keep Romo from having to sling the ball a lot. Plus Chiefs OL is in much better shape. But really, either team would be beneficial for him. Honestly though, his best fit is Houston in terms of location, pieces, and need. He just needs to be ok with being paid less than Osweiler.

Wait, much better line?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Alex smith one of the most sacked QB's from last year???
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Wait, much better line?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Alex smith one of the most sacked QB's from last year???

No, he was 19th most sacked. Matt Ryan interestingly was 6th. And even if KC is just avg in pass protection, they're great at run blocking whereas Denver is horrible at both.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:

And they need CB help.

I was being sarcastic, sheesh. Anyway I haven't looked at Revises performance from last year, if he played poorly, could be due to injury or bad fit. He Has been considered a good CB up until this last year, that was my point.

I saw plenty of Revis last season. He's terrible. He lost a couple of steps, and is incapable of playing CB at this point. If the Jets bring him back (highly doubtful, and only after a major contract restructuring) he'd have to try winning a roster spot as a FS.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

No, he was 19th most sacked. Matt Ryan interestingly was 6th. And even if KC is just avg in pass protection, they're great at run blocking whereas Denver is horrible at both.

Ok, According to team rankings, difference between KC and Denver is 0.5 sack allowed. Doesn't necessarily mean denver's o-line is worse. An inferior QB could take longer to make a decision or not be able to evade pressure well. We're talking Alex smith who is average but has good mobility versus the mess at QB for the broncos? And 60 yards total rushing against Pitt in the playoffs. With pitts best d-lineman out also...not impressive run blocking there...idk, Denver still looks better, Houston too
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Ok, According to team rankings, difference between KC and Denver is 0.5 sack allowed. Doesn't necessarily mean denver's o-line is worse. An inferior QB could take longer to make a decision or not be able to evade pressure well. We're talking Alex smith who is average but has good mobility versus the mess at QB for the broncos? And 60 yards total rushing against Pitt in the playoffs. With pitts best d-lineman out also...not impressive run blocking there...idk, Denver still looks better, Houston too

Trust me, Denver's OL is abysmal. You won't find anyone else here or anyone else outside of the most rabid Donkeys fan arguing against that. PFF rates them as 14th while Denver's is 24th. As for the playoff performance, Pittsburgh's run D stepped up. They held our run-first Dolphins team that shredded them in the regular season to barely anything. And Blount only got 47 yards against them in the conference championships. Oh, and the Chiefs didn't have Jamaal Charles....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Actually most Broncos fans thought their OL was terrible for quite some time they were more vocal about it this season than the past few years...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Trust me, Denver's OL is abysmal. You won't find anyone else here or anyone else outside of the most rabid Donkeys fan arguing against that. PFF rates them as 14th while Denver's is 24th. As for the playoff performance, Pittsburgh's run D stepped up. They held our run-first Dolphins team that shredded them in the regular season to barely anything. And Blount only got 47 yards against them in the conference championships. Oh, and the Chiefs didn't have Jamaal Charles....

Perhaps, i don't follow the Broncos, but i do know they were outstanding two years ago in almost literally carrying Peyton Manning to a super bowl title. Also, i do know an O-line can look worse than it really is if you've got poor QB play behind it. Like i said earlier, a QB holding the ball too long, not being able to evade pressure, can make an o-line look bad. Plus, If the Broncos did acquire Romo, i'm sure they'd pickup a couple o-line men to shore things up. A good draft pick and an upgrade through free agency can improve an o-line considerably.

I just don't see KC as an option, Alex Smith is decent enough. An injury prone Romo is not much of an upgrade over him.

I love Pitt by the way. Blount was never an issue. Patriots don't use the run much anyway. Steelers didn't generate enough pressure on Brady and their CB's can't play man, which is pretty essential to do against the Pats. they need upgrades at OLB and CB to get past Marsha and company next year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Perhaps, i don't follow the Broncos, but i do know they were outstanding two years ago in almost literally carrying Peyton Manning to a super bowl title. Also, i do know an O-line can look worse than it really is if you've got poor QB play behind it. Like i said earlier, a QB holding the ball too long, not being able to evade pressure, can make an o-line look bad. Plus, If the Broncos did acquire Romo, i'm sure they'd pickup a couple o-line men to shore things up. A good draft pick and an upgrade through free agency can improve an o-line considerably.

I just don't see KC as an option, Alex Smith is decent enough. An injury prone Romo is not much of an upgrade over him.

I love Pitt by the way. Blount was never an issue. Patriots don't use the run much anyway. Steelers didn't generate enough pressure on Brady and their CB's can't play man, which is pretty essential to do against the Pats. they need upgrades at OLB and CB to get past Marsha and company next year.

But when the RB starters are averaging less than 4.0 ypc and are consistently getting hit in the backfield also, that's a sign of bad OL. Things can change in two year and not including departures. This was not Siemian/Lynch/Sanchez's fault, at least not anything more than 40%. Living in SoCal means you see a lot of Denver games and in each, edge rushers might as well have pitched a tent in the backfield.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/19/report-dolphins-jags-working-on-branden-albert-julius-thomas-swap/

Quote:
Report: Dolphins, Jags working on Branden Albert – Julius Thomas swap

The Dolphins and Jaguars are working on a trade involving offensive tackle Branden Albert and tight end Julius Thomas, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

The report said there are hurdles that still need to be cleared, including the possibility that the players involved might need to restructure their contracts.

It was reported last week that the Dolphins would release Albert, but that didn’t happen. It does seem clear that he’s not in the team’s 2017 plans, and the Jaguars were immediately linked to Albert as a potential suitor.

The players involved would have to pass physicals, and no deal could become official until the new league year begins on March 9.

Thomas is under contract through 2019, and $3 million of his $7.1 million 2017 salary is already guaranteed. Thomas caught four touchdown passes in nine games for the Jaguars last season and had his best seasons with the Broncos when Dolphins head coach Adam Gase was the offensive coordinator in Denver.

The Dolphins are in the tight end market with both Dion Sims and Jordan Cameron eligible for free agency next month. The Jaguars are in the tackle market because they won’t be picking up the 2017 contract option on Kelvin Beachum.

Moving on from Albert would save the Dolphins about $7.2 million in cap space for 2017. The team is expected to move 2016 first-round pick Laremy Tunsil out from guard to take Albert’s spot at left tackle.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/19/report-dolphins-jags-working-on-branden-albert-julius-thomas-swap/

Quote:
Report: Dolphins, Jags working on Branden Albert – Julius Thomas swap

The Dolphins and Jaguars are working on a trade involving offensive tackle Branden Albert and tight end Julius Thomas, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

The report said there are hurdles that still need to be cleared, including the possibility that the players involved might need to restructure their contracts.

It was reported last week that the Dolphins would release Albert, but that didn’t happen. It does seem clear that he’s not in the team’s 2017 plans, and the Jaguars were immediately linked to Albert as a potential suitor.

The players involved would have to pass physicals, and no deal could become official until the new league year begins on March 9.

Thomas is under contract through 2019, and $3 million of his $7.1 million 2017 salary is already guaranteed. Thomas caught four touchdown passes in nine games for the Jaguars last season and had his best seasons with the Broncos when Dolphins head coach Adam Gase was the offensive coordinator in Denver.

The Dolphins are in the tight end market with both Dion Sims and Jordan Cameron eligible for free agency next month. The Jaguars are in the tackle market because they won’t be picking up the 2017 contract option on Kelvin Beachum.

Moving on from Albert would save the Dolphins about $7.2 million in cap space for 2017. The team is expected to move 2016 first-round pick Laremy Tunsil out from guard to take Albert’s spot at left tackle.

A fair trade if it passes. Dolphins already have a future LT in waiting plus Albert is injury-prone. They need a TE considering they fielded a Dion Sims and an annually concussed Jordan Cameron out there. As poorly as Thomas has played of late (though having a (bleep) QB like Blake Bortles doesn't help either), he's an upgrade. Jags get a LT upgrade for a few games until Albert goes down. Won't matter because Bortles is less accurate than a poorly kept revolutionary war musket even with time in the pocket.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I'll say this much even though many think Manning made JT (and it appears that way) if he can't cut it with the Dolphins I think its safe to say he's a product of Manning. Because he's reunited with his former OC this time around if it happens if Gase can't get anything out of him I don't know what to say.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

That's a pretty good trade for the Dolphins. Julius Thomas is a really good TE, a key piece missing from the Miami offense. He's injury prone as hell, but I would guess he'd be open to restructuring his contract. Miami is covered at LT as they drafted Laremy Tunsil and had him get acclimated at G last season. Tunsil might have some growing pains at LT, but he was drafted for the express purpose of putting Branden Albert to pasture.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Upgrading Pittsburgh at the corners might not be the answer. It isn't just problems at CB, the Steelers have been using soft zone defensive schemes for over a decade. Upgrading could allow them to play more man, but that's why I like Tomlin as their HC. Tomlin is in love with those soft zone schemes, which Brady just loves to attack.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/trent-richardson-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges/

Quote:
Former NFL running back Trent Richardson is making headlines again, for all the wrong reasons.

According to Carol Robinson of Al.com, the former Browns and Colts running back was arrested Thursday night in Alabama on a domestic violence charge.

The verbal argument with a woman apparently began at a Walmart, and continued back at their hotel room where it became physical. According to the police report, the female sustained scratches and bruises to her face.

Richardson tried to flee the scene but was tackled by police after a gain of 2 yards.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Upgrading Pittsburgh at the corners might not be the answer. It isn't just problems at CB, the Steelers have been using soft zone defensive schemes for over a decade. Upgrading could allow them to play more man, but that's why I like Tomlin as their HC. Tomlin is in love with those soft zone schemes, which Brady just loves to attack.

Spoken like a true Patriots fan. Sorry charlie, Pitt is upgrading at CB and OLB. They'll be playing more man this season. May not be so easy for the Pats to win in the next meeting. A 40 year old Brady, i don't know.....He was never good at handling pressure to begin with.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Spoken like a true Patriots fan. Sorry charlie, Pitt is upgrading at CB and OLB. They'll be playing more man this season. May not be so easy for the Pats to win in the next meeting. A 40 year old Brady, i don't know.....He was never good at handling pressure to begin with.

What's Pittsburgh's record versus Brady? 2 wins, 10 losses. Now tell me something, was it Brady or Roethlisberger who had a subpar season? And was it Brady or Roethlisberger who, after getting his ass kicked, was talking about retiring?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

What's Pittsburgh's record versus Brady? 2 wins, 10 losses. Now tell me something, was it Brady or Roethlisberger who had a subpar season? And was it Brady or Roethlisberger who, after getting his ass kicked, was talking about retiring?

Patriots got a little lucky with Bell going down in the first quarter. Would've been a different game otherwise. The Pats should've also made Kyle Shanahan the Super Bowl MVP. Was Kyle secretly working for Belicheck? That game was over until Shanahan called that mysterious pass play at the Pats 22.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Patriots got a little lucky with Bell going down in the first quarter. Would've been a different game otherwise. The Pats should've also made Kyle Shanahan the Super Bowl MVP. Was Kyle secretly working for Belicheck? That game was over until Shanahan called that mysterious pass play at the Pats 22.

Right. The Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl, it was a conspiracy. And Bell would have won the game for the Steelers. And the defensive scheme that Tomlin wasn't a factor when the Patriots beat the Steelers 10 times out of the last 12 games.

And you also think Denver has a quality OL.

All of this is kind of like your economic analysis... everything just defies logic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 3 of 115
Jump to: