Lakers likely to trade Lou Williams (LOU TRADED P. 45)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Woj just said that the Wizards were willing to give us their first. He said other teams too I believe. He's live now on Facebook

Then Magic just pulled a Vivek, giving up the better deal because he overvalues a player. I don't know what exactly Brewer could do but we'll see. He's obviously not trade piece if we all think he's garbage. The other GMs aren't gonna give up anything for garbage.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Lou WilliamsVerified account
‏@TeamLou23

Thanx for the love L.A, (I just got traded for a bag of dicks) I've enjoyed my stay.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I remember brewer posterizing the (bleep) out of fisher, but that's about it. I always felt like he played well against the lakers though
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Woj just said that the Wizards were willing to give us their first. He said other teams too I believe. He's live now on Facebook

I wonder how long before we know if that is true.. Or if the reports of Brewer and 1st is the best we were offered is true.. Is there any way for us to know with any certainty what really happened?

Woj and Ramona both said this now... Arash is the only saying otherwise

Maybe Magic will come out like Vlade and say he had a better offer 2 hours ago but decided not to take it?
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Jazz have the cap space to outright absorb Lou and have their own 1st as well as the Warriors 1st. Pacers had Stuckey (2 years left like Brewer) or they could've offered Brooks (expiring) and Allen (team option so basically expiring). Wizards is trickier, I know they had Burke as an expiring, but they probably didn't want to include Satoransky.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

This is why I think Corey brewer will be a part of another deal. Keeping my fingers crossed 😅

Are we allowed to trade him now?

Pretty sure. I remember when Rasheed was traded from the blazers he was first traded to the hawks then they quickly flipped him to the pistons. So I don't see why not

Thanks, wow looks like we can trade him now..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Corey Brewer? Clearly a 2nd unit guy. Does this mean Deng is gone?

You better get used to Deng for a long time. Thanks Jim.

And Mozgov. If Ervin can Houdini those two Magic for President.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Then Magic just pulled a Vivek, giving up the better deal because he overvalues a player. I don't know what exactly Brewer could do but we'll see. He's obviously not trade piece if we all think he's garbage. The other GMs aren't gonna give up anything for garbage.

The pick drove the motivation for this trade. I can almost assure you of that... Woj may be right that other teams offered 1st round picks, but he doesn't specify if those picks were 2017, or unprotected, or didn't include actual bad contracts like Andrew Nicholson.

No way you all who are complaining about Brewer, would have been happy with Nicholson just so you can have a pick two spots higher.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

The pick drove the motivation for this trade. I can almost assure you of that... Woj may be right that other teams offered 1st round picks, but he doesn't specify if those picks were 2017, or unprotected, or didn't include actual bad contracts like Andrew Nicholson.

No way you all who are complaining about Brewer, would have been happy with Nicholson just so you can have a pick two spots higher.

Good point..
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Brewer will become an attractive trade piece next year once he's on his last year of the contract. That means we have to keep another deadweight with us along with Deng and Moz next year.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Ding @KevinDing
about 1 hour ago
Magic had Luke Walton, Jesse Buss, Joey Buss and Ryan West with him in working on trade calls today from Lakers headquarters.

Magic didn't make this trade on his own.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Unprotected? Maybe.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

One of the few bright spots we've had in recent years. Watching him struggle all game only to hit like 6 of his next 7 shots was always a treat. Thanks for your service, Lou!
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

If true... Magic and Jeanie need to get the .... out.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I'd let it be known you can have Nick Young for a 1st if I were Magic.

I would too.

Interesting that Lou Williams deal goes down under Magic.

I like being decisive. So far, under Magic, they have done more in one day than the front office did the last three years.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

If true... Magic and Jeanie need to get the .... out.

On reddit they claimed that the management consulted Lou on his preferred destination.

If true, I retract my works. It's a class move (if true)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57
Jump to: