Brewer's role, and rotation/minute distribution post-Lou
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
High minutes from him would do wonders for the tank.

At this point high minutes for anyone on this team does wonders for the tank.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

One thing Brewer can help with is exactly what he mentioned in today's practice. He can show the young guys how to bring consistent energy and play hard ALL the time. Something that DLO, Ingram, Julius, JC, and Larry have all struggled with this season
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I think the best I remember Brewer is being a high energy defensive pest. Getting a lot of steals and deflecting a lot of passes. He was best in Denver when George Karl had his running defensive team.
Sometimes guys like these even though their numbers look unappealing, can change the team with their defensive energy.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Yeah don't think he plays much.

This. At the guards, you've got D'Angelo, Swaggy P, and Clarkson taking up the large majority of the minutes. Calderon gets any odds and ends minutes there, but the lion's share of minutes go to the original three. At SF, I really hope they give Brandon Ingram the start and a significant dose of PT, and the rest goes to Luol Deng. And if there's extra minutes they go to Brewer, but that's probably not many minutes. PF gets split between Julius Randle and Larry Nance. C gets Tarik Black and Zubac splitting time. Maybe some Nance run there as well.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I like the fact that the kid plays hard every second.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
I think the best I remember Brewer is being a high energy defensive pest. Getting a lot of steals and deflecting a lot of passes. He was best in Denver when George Karl had his running defensive team.
Sometimes guys like these even though their numbers look unappealing, can change the team with their defensive energy.

brewer has been decent, but my recollection of him is hazy. i don't think he's nearly as good as lou.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Is he bringing that stupid headband?

Dlo will probably give it another go too

Great..
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Is he bringing that stupid headband?

Dlo will probably give it another go too

Great..

blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject:

Energy, Energy Energy from the bench. That is his role as I can see it. Nothing else.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject:

Corey Brewer will bring energy and he will make the young kids pay for not bringing their lunch pail to practice every day of practice. So in that aspect his impact from a vet standpoint will be very great for a team of kids who at this point in their careers have that issue. Having a vet that nips it in the bud and pushes them to bring it every day is important.

Situation right now is that there's nobody to bail out the Lakers now with Lou gone when they don't bring it. So it's gonna be on them to step up, a vet like Brewer though he will piss us off numbers wise with his shooting, we'll appreciate his effort, and vet wise he will push the kids in practice and force them to compete, which is important.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

I'll forego any judgements on Corey Brewer until I've seen him play a few games. From what I hear, he plays defense and he's tall, so sticking him at a situational 2 or 3 when we're looking at getting stops could be a good use for him. Provided he doesn't make mistakes in his defensive coverage. Too early for tell, at least for me.

I would be surprised if he gets more than spot minutes though.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:

That is what I am hoping for from him.

We have too many low energy matadors. We can use an irritant type defensive pest player, he was that at one point....maybe he can find it again.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Corey Brewer will bring energy and he will make the young kids pay for not bringing their lunch pail to practice every day of practice. So in that aspect his impact from a vet standpoint will be very great for a team of kids who at this point in their careers have that issue. Having a vet that nips it in the bud and pushes them to bring it every day is important.

Situation right now is that there's nobody to bail out the Lakers now with Lou gone when they don't bring it. So it's gonna be on them to step up, a vet like Brewer though he will piss us off numbers wise with his shooting, we'll appreciate his effort, and vet wise he will push the kids in practice and force them to compete, which is important.
Yeah good point on the practice aspect. He seems like the type of guy that will increase the intensity of practices. He'll probably be matched up with Ingram.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Corey Brewer scored 51 points versus Houston Rockets 2 years ago.

It is on youtube.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Corey Brewer scored 51 points versus Houston Rockets 2 years ago.

It is on youtube.

Just to lighten the mood, Rockets had a logjam at the F spot, maybe they didn't really need Brewer, I can see him doing positive things for the team if he sticks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: