Hollywood Hoops: The Los Angeles Lakers' Stalemate Ends with Magic Johnson as President

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: The Los Angeles Lakers' Stalemate Ends with Magic Johnson as President

Hey all,

Here's my latest Hollywood Hoops: The Los Angeles Lakers' Stalemate Ends with Magic Johnson as President w/@JoshMartinNBA

https://soundcloud.com/eric-pincus/los-angeles-lakers-stalemate-ends-magic-johnson-president-hollywood-hoops

We recorded earlier in the day pre-Lou trade.

Cheers,

EP
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject:

Thank you... Let's see.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

What I really want to know;
1. Why were they in such a hurry to get rid of Lou? I know he's 30, his contract etc, but if they didn't receive a viable pick, why do it? I read that this will allow the younger players to develope, and force a tank thus protecting the top 3 pick......is this the reality of it?
2. Giving time for players to develope. Call me stupid, but for all the years I've been watching the NBA(since jwest and uncle wiltie), great players are great when they hit the floor, they are not average and suddenly become great, you either got it or you don't. Boston has more number one picks than god, yet they are building a vet team, why is that?
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Nance was a 27 pick, Butler 30,zubac 2nd round - what you call non-viable is your projection
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Nance was a 27 pick, Butler 30,zubac 2nd round - what you call non-viable is your projection
Well I guess that"s fair, you could also use Curry and Thompson as examples too. Guess I'll just wait and see how they do things. I was thinking about how important JCraw is to the Clips, and saw Lou as the same thing, but I guess it's not in a rebuild...
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are desperate to unload Crawford in trade
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Clippers are desperate to unload Crawford in trade

Maybe now that they've built a decent bench...but through the years, even with that starting lineup, they still needed JCraw to win....
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Actually they shopped Crawford heavily each of the past few seasons - they re-signed him because they couldn't replace that asset in FA, so they inked him to a deal they believed they could easily trade. Now they're having trouble trading him.

Also Crawford has been a washout for the Clippers in the playoffs - I think he has a single game of impact.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Actually they shopped Crawford heavily each of the past few seasons - they re-signed him because they couldn't replace that asset in FA, so they inked him to a deal they believed they could easily trade. Now they're having trouble trading him.

Also Crawford has been a washout for the Clippers in the playoffs - I think he has a single game of impact.
Well I could say the entire starting clip lineup is a washout. Teams play defense in the playoffs, and they push the perimeter, leaving the clips with nothing but an unskilled dunkathon in the middle....they lose the same way every year, unless CP blows a hammy....
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

Doc, cmon man
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

This was almost a no choice decision. Kupchak and Jim had messed up the Lakers so much that it would be hard to come back.

Nash for 2 first rounders never played.
Howard for 2 first rounders and never wanted to play for the Lakers.
All the coaching mistakes. Coaching carousal.

And the big blooper. Two 80M 4 year contracts to players over their prime
and now bench players. Wow, stupid.

Looks like Kupchak and Jim were looking at press clippings and reviews of the past in making their decisions. Yes, true.

Did they ever scout their players? Even a monkey with a coin would have made better decisions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: