Rob Pelinka In As GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Do it Pelinka! nah man i will not get used to that. Miss Mitch already

Do it Pel ? Do it Rob ?

And if he makes a good trade : "You got robbed !!!"

http://i.imgur.com/t9rKI9j.gif
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
He looks a lot like Rob Lowe

Making it weirder, they're gonna meet at some point if they haven't already. Lowe's been a fan for years. He served as a coach in the 88 Midsummer Night's Magic game, before he got busted with the teen gurlz. Rob 'n Rob. Two prettyboyz.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Maybe we should have hired either Deng or Mozegov's agents, he excels at screwing people over in his favor!
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Palin wrote:
Do it Pelinka! nah man i will not get used to that. Miss Mitch already

Do it Pel ? Do it Rob ?

And if he makes a good trade : "You got robbed !!!"

http://i.imgur.com/t9rKI9j.gif

Rob 'em, Pelinka?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Wino wrote:

Dude, are you really this thick??

We get two of them this year and the other one is tied into us getting our draft pick this year, if we lose this years, we lose 2018's too. If we keep this one, we keep 2018. So we have two first round draft picks depending on what happens in the next couple of months. On top of that, we just picked up another from Houston, so we have 3 first round draft picks between now and 2018, if we don't screw it up. So, we won't need to tank after this year at all, we can start rebuilding in earnest next year. But for now, we need to suck.

This is simple stuff guys, come on!

Quote:
high lottery picks

Actually, what's simple is understanding that the Houston pick or whichever the hell you are talking about is not a high lottery pick. There is no way for us to get "two high lottery picks" unless we tanked in 2019. I'm sorry for assuming you knew what you were talking about.

In fact, there are so many inaccuracies in your post I don't know where to begin.
-As I said, the only way to get 2 high lottery picks is to tank in 2019, if we get lucky and keep our 2017 pick.
-We have two picks this year, period. Either our own 1st round pick (the only lottery in 2017) or our 2nd round pick. Not both. Then the Houston pick. That makes 2.
-If we keep this one, we keep 2019's 1st round pick not 2018's
-We don't have 3 1st round picks through 2018. We are guaranteed to have 2 1st round picks by 2018. 1 of ours, 1 of Houston's.

But yeah, simple stuff man.

You are right, I had the wrong year but we are still going to be rebuilding in 2019 and I bet we are either a top 10 drafting team or close to that. We will still get a very good draft pick. Remember Kobe was only a 13th pick. Clarkson was 46th. So we will still have 3 first round draft picks and have a good chance at 3 very good players and it will give many more bodies to use in any trade scenario. So we have two this year and one in 2019, it doesn't negate my argument. We want those picks more than we want to win this year. We have nothing to gain by winning out the year. I am not advocating tanking past this year, but to try to win this year, takes two first round draft picks away from us in a league who's new rules seem to increase draft picks values to a team.

What are you fighting for?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

This is interesting... I bet you this was already talked about and planned way before Mitch and Jim were canned...LOL
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Great choice. In this modern NBA, it is about the relationship with the players and knowing the CBA. His lack of team buildup and knowledge on the game itself can be supplemented by Magic and co. What would seal the Lakers future would be Jerry West coming back to serve as a consultant.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

wrong thread

Last edited by lewis on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Yes Rob!
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Ramona says the only reason it's not official yet is because he's still divesting his company. Aren't we waiting on his tax returns too?

Excited for the press conference when it happens!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Back in regular nothing happens, LG speculates mode. Aka a typical day.

Yesterday was wild. I am not sure I remember a more active day in Lakers history.

Maybe Pelinka's e-mail hasn't been set up yet by the IT Dept.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Sam Amick was on Mason & Ireland talking about Paul George and they asked him for his take on Pelinka as a GM. Said there's things to like, has heard around the league that he's a very bright guy. The guys asked him to compare him to Bob Meyers... Amick said that when Bob came out, he was more or less appreciated as a great guy but people had questions about his basketball smarts. Amick said with Pelinka that there's no questions about the smarts, but he's known around the league as kind of a shark (Ireland also described him like this), and said there *might* be some personalities in the league who he might not have great relationships with because of his approach.

Just in case anyone's looking for more insight into someone who's going to be really important to the Lakers' future. I'm fascinated by the hire.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Sam Amick was on Mason & Ireland talking about Paul George and they asked him for his take on Pelinka as a GM. Said there's things to like, has heard around the league that he's a very bright guy. The guys asked him to compare him to Bob Meyers... Amick said that when Bob came out, he was more or less appreciated as a great guy but people had questions about his basketball smarts. Amick said with Pelinka that there's no questions about the smarts, but he's known around the league as kind of a shark (Ireland also described him like this), and said there *might* be some personalities in the league who he might not have great relationships with because of his approach.

Just in case anyone's looking for more insight into someone who's going to be really important to the Lakers' future. I'm fascinated by the hire.

Well, apparently the Lakers shot themselves in the foot by having a good guy at GM (w.r.t. FA etc.). I'll take a shark as his replacement.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Well, apparently the Lakers shot themselves in the foot by having a good guy at GM (w.r.t. FA etc.). I'll take a shark as his replacement.

Same here. Might be kinda fun
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

How do you find this (bleep)?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka was Boozer's agent during the Cavs FA fiasco a long while back. Both of them took a lot of criticism for it, but it was 10 years ago...

EDIT:
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

We have a nice guy president in Magic. It's great to have a smart, aggressive GM alongside him.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell + top 3 pick for Westbrook

Do it, Robert!
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

All good agents have shark-like qualities. This I like.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

What in the actual (bleep)
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

best post ever
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Well played fam.....
LakersJunkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

I've got more confidence in Pelinka right now than I do in Magic. Hoping this turns out to be a great move.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Volt.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: