It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226, 227  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I still cant believe Noel went for 2 2nds. For hindsight, we were given 2 2nds to take back Calderon. PJ Tucker went for 2 2nds. Great job by Cuban.

The second best deal of the deadline behind the Cousins steal. Colangelo tried to play chicken with the league and even with Noel performing damn well in limited minutes, he still lost.
I blame Hinkie for that. Noel was traded for peanuts. Okafor isn't even worth peanuts.

They traded Jrue Holiday to get that pick for Noel. Granted he'd have (bleep) up the tank, but imagine if they trade Noel for Jrue now

Huh? He drafted Noel @ 6...and he is arguably the 2nd best player in that draft. I think Noel may be a better talent than Jrue.

Right draft choice. Wrong everything else. Especially the "oh let's showcase Jah to up his value" which led to them selling low on Noel.

I get what your saying....it's at least questionable strategy or one that did not have great results.....but Hinkie does not accept that trade today. I subscribe to his strategy that a GM's job is to win the trade every time.....not make yourself feel good afterwords with claims of "we needed to move him"....just win the negotiation, or do not accept a deal. More often than not, it will force others into mistakes.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Justin anderson is legit
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

So all and all....

Lakers 2017 Trade Deadline:
We essentially did this

Lakers Get:
Tyler Ennis
Corey Brewer
Rockets 1st Round Pick

Rockets Get:
Lou Williams
Marcelo Huertas
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
So all and all....

We essentially did this

Lakers Get:
Tyler Ennis
Corey Brewer
Rockets 1st Round Pick

Rockets Get:
Lou Williams
Marcelo Huertas

Hmm and more minutes for DLo and Jc.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
So all and all....

We essentially did this

Lakers Get:
Tyler Ennis
Rockets 1st Round Pick

Lakers Forced to Take:
Corey Brewer

Rockets Get:
Lou Williams
Marcelo Huertas

I would say it more like this...
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

The Philadelphia 76ers are sending Nerlens Noel to the Dallas Mavericks for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut and a protected (1-18) 2017 first-round pick, according to the Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski. If the pick does not convert this year, the Sixers will gain the Mavericks’ 2017 and 2018 second-round picks, per ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

So we are going to totally forget about Justin Anderson to make our own point.

Justin is no throw in
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Quote:

The Philadelphia 76ers are sending Nerlens Noel to the Dallas Mavericks for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut and a protected (1-18) 2017 first-round pick, according to the Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski. If the pick does not convert this year, the Sixers will gain the Mavericks’ 2017 and 2018 second-round picks, per ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

Justin is no throw in

not very good at professional basketball
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Quote:

Justin is no throw in

Right now he is a 3/D prospect who cant shoot (28% from 3 for his career)
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Wow, GS can resign Bogut when he's waived, per Woj.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
So all and all....

We essentially did this

Lakers Get:
Tyler Ennis
Rockets 1st Round Pick

Lakers Forced to Take:
Corey Brewer

Rockets Get:
Lou Williams
Marcelo Huertas

I would say it more like this...

Accurate!

So our roster now looks like this

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Nick Young
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Tyler Ennis / Jose Calderon
Jordan Clarkson
Luol Deng / Corey Brewer / Metta World Peace
Larry Nance Jr. / Thomas Robinson
Timofey Mozgov / Tarik Black

This = Inactive
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Quote:

Justin is no throw in

Where do you project him at this point in his career, and what are you basing it on?
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I still cant believe Noel went for 2 2nds. For hindsight, we were given 2 2nds to take back Calderon. PJ Tucker went for 2 2nds. Great job by Cuban.

The second best deal of the deadline behind the Cousins steal. Colangelo tried to play chicken with the league and even with Noel performing damn well in limited minutes, he still lost.
I blame Hinkie for that. Noel was traded for peanuts. Okafor isn't even worth peanuts.

They traded Jrue Holiday to get that pick for Noel. Granted he'd have (bleep) up the tank, but imagine if they trade Noel for Jrue now

Huh? He drafted Noel @ 6...and he is arguably the 2nd best player in that draft. I think Noel may be a better talent than Jrue.

Right draft choice. Wrong everything else. Especially the "oh let's showcase Jah to up his value" which led to them selling low on Noel.

I get what your saying....it's at least questionable strategy or one that did not have great results.....but Hinkie does not accept that trade today. I subscribe to his strategy that a GM's job is to win the trade every time.....not make yourself feel good afterwords with claims of "we needed to move him"....just win the negotiation, or do not accept a deal. More often than not, it will force others into mistakes.

Couldn't we have traded the 2 second round picks + Black for Noel?
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I don't think they were looking for another big.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I don't think they were looking for another big.

We wouldn't have wanted to tie up $20+MM per year going forward. I think the new regime has a plan, and that is to target 2018 free agency.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I wish we could have got Noel, but oh well that ship has sailed.

I'm happy with the deadline moves we made (including the front office shake up). I hope it work out for us.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Demarcus Cousins could become available on draft night pretty cheap
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

The Cousins and Anthony Davis pairing does not look good at all and they will be 4 games out of play-offs
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The only thing Hinkie screwed up was by drafting Okafor at #3....his state based NBA projections were horrible...did not see that coming from an analytics guy. He might have thought, he could some how convince Lakers to trade DLO. He did the same to Orlando...by deliberately taking a player that they wanted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Magic's small moves have been ok.

Ryans handling it. Magic is traveling with the team.

More likely Jesse is handling things.

If you read the reports, Glen Cararo has been working the phones with Magic. Oh, BTW, they just developed this new technology where you can phone from a plane!

Poor Glen, I always forget about him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More
Lou Williams joined HOU Thursday in NO. Didn't participate in shootaround. Didn't know if he'd play...has 22 pts & 6 3s in 20 minutes
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know what the loophole is in the CBA that would allow Bogut to return to GS?
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More
Lou Williams joined HOU Thursday in NO. Didn't participate in shootaround. Didn't know if he'd play...has 22 pts & 6 3s in 20 minutes

watch corey brewer drop 30 on the thunder tomorrow
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Anyone know what the loophole is in the CBA that would allow Bogut to return to GS?

He is getting waived by 76ers instead of Dallas.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Epic1971 wrote:
Difference between Mitch and Ainge:

Ainge got:

2-3 Unprotected First Round Picks for aging Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

Mitch got NOTHING for Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. Younger and better players at the time they walked.

That is what did us in...

I hate the Celtics as much as all of us here do...but they did it right.

This isn't accurate.

Why would the Lakers deal Dwight Howard in 2013 when they were competing for a playoff spot and hopefully going far into the playoffs? Sure lets tell Kobe Bryant hey we're going to rebuild while you're still producing at a high level.

Pau wasn't generating more than a second rounder because he was going to be a free agent in a few months.

What the Celtics did would have been basically the Lakers trading Kobe the summer of 2012 and the Lakers not pursuing Dwight/Nash.

Trading Kobe would've been a media disaster and something the organization never intended to do. They wanted him retiring as a Laker.

You're both right.

Dwight was doing ZERO to get us to the playoffs. Kobe didn't believe in Dwight. Not sure he would have even cared. Pau was the guy he trusted.

Pau's value plummeted after the CP3 veto but his value was attempted to be maximized.

Had Lakers at least moved Dwight, we could have gotten a lot back from a team like the Nets. Maybe one of those picks would be ours right now.

Never a need to trade Kobe.

And Dwight would likely to stay in Brooklyn so their pick would not be so valuable. Also many people including Mitch and Jim still beleived Howard would stay in Lakers. Anyone blaming Presti or Riley didn't trade KD or LeBron before they left the team?
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Epic1971 wrote:
Difference between Mitch and Ainge:

Ainge got:

2-3 Unprotected First Round Picks for aging Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

Mitch got NOTHING for Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. Younger and better players at the time they walked.

That is what did us in...

I hate the Celtics as much as all of us here do...but they did it right.

Yes, if Mitch traded an aging Kobe for draft picks and built around Dwight, he would have have been as smart as Danny Ainge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226, 227  Next
Page 225 of 227
Jump to: