Draymond Green shows why he's the most savage player in NBA history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

Did Draymond Green deliberately kick an opponent again?

The Nut-Whisperer strike yet again!!

THE Official Bruce Lee of the NBA!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-kick-kicking-blake-griffin-clippers-video
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Take him on my team anyday.

Yeah, well, wear a cup ...and you better have three or four all stars around him; otherwise, you'll be sitting at home in May and June.
Lol. Who ever mentioned that you build a team around him as your franchise player? No one. Still take him on my team.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
So any chance Draymond makes the HOF?

IMO Golden State would have to win minimum 2 or 3 more championships with Draymond continuing to play at a high level for him to get consideration. I don't think he's quite a Hall of Fame talent but he could get in as a major contributor to a mini-dynasty/dynasty.

Kevin Love has been a more accomplished player than Draymond to this point in his career but I wouldn't even consider Love at this point...
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

I thought it was hilarious. Everybody know Paul wanted that Kobe Farewell love and it has not happened. It'd be one thing if he didn't care (a la Tim Duncan), but we know he did. Golden State made the announcement last night and it was like this -

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/scsc.gif

Draymond...RUDE!!! But he told no lies. And it was Paul Mr. Wheelchair Pierce so I was kinda here for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Bahahahaah get em Draymond! This was great
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

You know Kobe got a nice long chuckle out of that one.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
22 wrote:

You know Kobe got a nice long chuckle out of that one.

YUP! I bet he enjoyed that haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

Well done, Draymond. Well done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...

LINK

Sorry assoc. The consensus is Green is the heart of the team. He's the one that inspires the unit to play hard. There's more to winning than scoring points.

When he got suspended in the finals the Dubs lost their momentum and never regained it.

He's going to have to learn to control his temper. Teams are going to go after him hoping he'll blow. He and Cousins are targets.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
the association wrote:
He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...

LINK

Sorry assoc. The consensus is Green is the heart of the team. He's the one that inspires the unit to play hard. There's more to winning than scoring points.

When he got suspended in the finals the Dubs lost their momentum and never regained it.

He's going to have to learn to control his temper. Teams are going to go after him hoping he'll blow. He and Cousins are targets.

Draymond was the 2nd most valuable player on the team last year, now he's 3rd. He isn't getting carried.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

I was thinking Draymond should see a sports psychologist but second thoughts caused a change in thinking.

Green is like a volcano he has to explode to release the pressure. If he stayed calm at all times his game would suffer. When his game suffers the team as a whole suffers.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
jodeke wrote:
the association wrote:

LINK

Draymond was the 2nd most valuable player on the team last year, now he's 3rd. He isn't getting carried.

I think he's the fourth best player on the team, and at times, even lower ... and the most recent example is the loss in Denver earlier this month. Klay Thompson, the second best player on the Warriors last year and third best player this year, sat out the game, along with 7th man Shaun Livingston ... the Warriors were throttled, despite a +13 turnover advantage ... Draymond was there for career nights by Hernangomez and Jokic, and the Nuggets enjoyed a +25 rebound advantage on his watch ...

We may never know for sure, but I think he's basically Kenneth Faried with better passing skills (and far less self-control) ... a fringe starter on almost any other team ... he certainly has a great motor, but his success is reliant on having three (and previously, two) of the greatest shooters OF ALL TIME surrounding him on the court, along with a collection of exceptional talent surrounding all of them (e.g., AI) ... the risk for Golden State is the real possibility that the negatives will more than offset the positives at some point, unless he starts medicating ...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

Chasing that farewell tour... they don't love you like that!
You ain't getting no farewell tour.. they don't love you like that!
You thought you was Kobe???

Holy crap.. I teared up laughing

He must have said something more. That's not tech worthy.

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
jodeke wrote:
the association wrote:

LINK

I think he's the fourth best player on the team, and at times, even lower ... and the most recent example is the loss in Denver earlier this month. Klay Thompson, the second best player on the Warriors last year and third best player this year, sat out the game, along with 7th man Shaun Livingston ... the Warriors were throttled, despite a +13 turnover advantage ... Draymond was there for career nights by Hernangomez and Jokic, and the Nuggets enjoyed a +25 rebound advantage on his watch ...

We may never know for sure, but I think he's basically Kenneth Faried with better passing skills (and far less self-control) ... a fringe starter on almost any other team ... he certainly has a great motor, but his success is reliant on having three (and previously, two) of the greatest shooters OF ALL TIME surrounding him on the court, along with a collection of exceptional talent surrounding all of them (e.g., AI) ... the risk for Golden State is the real possibility that the negatives will more than offset the positives at some point, unless he starts medicating ...

I disagree. He can defend all 5 positions. He plays with heart all the time and isn't scared like some on the big stage (curry). Honestly, if the warriors had to lose 1 of the big 4, I think I'd keep Durant, Thompson and Draymond. All those 3 are all-around players and all 3 play defense. Yes curry hits 30 foot 3s, but Klay would be able to make up for the loss of scoring there. Klay can easily be a #1 or #2 option in most systems. And he plays D. You'd just need to get a ball handling PG (doesn't need to be an AS guard) to help distribute the ball and shoot if needed.

Plus, against Lebron, and Kyrie, you need all the good defenders you can throw at them. Curry isn't among them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
the association wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
jodeke wrote:
the association wrote:

LINK

I disagree. He can defend all 5 positions. He plays with heart all the time and isn't scared like some on the big stage (curry). Honestly, if the warriors had to lose 1 of the big 4, I think I'd keep Durant, Thompson and Draymond. All those 3 are all-around players and all 3 play defense. Yes curry hits 30 foot 3s, but Klay would be able to make up for the loss of scoring there. Klay can easily be a #1 or #2 option in most systems. And he plays D. You'd just need to get a ball handling PG (doesn't need to be an AS guard) to help distribute the ball and shoot if needed.

Curry's a lot of flash and entertainment, Thompson is substance, needs to add leadership. I think he'd be more consistent if Curry wasn't on the team. This is a complete team. I like it like it is. It's ain't broke, yada, yada, yada.
Draymond is the glue.

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
the association wrote:

Plus, against Lebron, and Kyrie, you need all the good defenders you can throw at them. Curry isn't among them.

I agree that Green brings a lot of value to the Warriors attack, but I can't get onboard with the suggestion that he's more valuable than a guy who happens to be the two-time reigning NBA MVP (unanimously, last season).

Admittedly, he might be closer in value to Steph in a series against Cleveland based purely on matchup advantages, but he's not more valuable to Golden State's overall championship aspirations than Steph Curry. And while we're on the subject of what he can and cannot do well on the court, ca we dispense with this nonsense that he can defend (well) all five positions (1 - 5) ... that seems to be a wishful boast by a lot of people, but he doesn't have anywhere near the food speed, agility and body control, or recovery ability necessary to guard any elite PG or elite SG, for that matter. He's good / very good against elite SF and center talent, and very good / great against elite PF talent. This frenzy over his defensive abilities is pretty ridiculous, to be honest ...
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:

If you have any question about how impactful green is, just go look at the finals last year.

GSW would have closed that out in 5 games if he didnt get that unnecessary suspension.

I don't hate and i dont like green, but i don't agree with your comment. He is a big contributor on that team and has been fantastic for them.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
the association wrote:

If you have any question about how impactful green is, just go look at the finals last year.

GSW would have closed that out in 5 games if he didnt get that unnecessary suspension.

I don't hate and i dont like green, but i don't agree with your comment. He is a big contributor on that team and has been fantastic for them.

They lost that Game 5 on their home floor by 15 points ... I guess you can argue that they would have won had he played in Game 5 last season, but you don't really know that, right? The fact is that Game 5 was played in Oakland and Golden State lost the game decisively ... they also played Game 6 in Cleveland (lost that one decisively, too) and Game 7 back in Oakland (lost that one in the final minute), both WITH Draymond, and again ... they lost those two games, too, right?

I don't hate Draymond Green, I just think he conducts himself like a (bleep) out-of-control douchebag who could probably benefit himself and his team if he was less of a dirty, malignant person on and off the court. I mean, hate is a really strong emotion that doesn't have to be part of the equation every time you feel contempt for another person's conduct. I agree with you that he is a big contributor on that Golden State team. Where we depart, apparently, is over the question of whether his impact is portable to another team, one less overflowing with talent. I feel strongly that a very big part of his efficacy stems from the extraordinary talent surrounding him AND the favorable officiating that he benefits from ... if you think he's a Top 25 player in the NBA on any of the other 29 teams, I guess we just won't find common ground on that point.

The guy is a trainwreck in a lot of ways ... BUT ... of course he positively impacts the Warriors team ... if not, they would have divested themselves of his nonsense long ago.
TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I understand trash talking and how everyone loves it, but i feel like it wasn't done right here. The game just started, and it's not like Pierce will get much time on the court or have any impact on the game.
I also get that he was a celtic, but i still feel that he deserves a little respect.

That being said, the "you thought you was Kobe" was funny

Last edited by TrueLies on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
The Logo wrote:
the association wrote:

He's by far the best defensive player on the best team in the league while averaging 10/8/7 with 1.5 steals and 2.1 blocks. What's Pierce doing these days?

Pierce is 39 years old. He's six or seven years past his prime. Why is the best defensive player on the best team worried about a 39 year old? Fixating on his retirement? Really, that's what's going on in that dude's head? Wait ... is Pierce in his head ... ? Like, the LeBron fans in satanrubio's head ... ?

He's trashing a Celtic and you come to dude's defense? What kinda Laker fan are you? I think throwing shade at Paul Pierce is something every player should do at least once.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

This wasn't unprovoked. Pierce is already semi-retired and going on shows talking smack. At least Draymond said it to his face, Pierce waited until he got home and tweeted at him.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Draymond has his share of douche moments, but this isn't one of them imo

It wasn't THAT personal. Trash talk is part of the game. I doubt Pierce is still mulling over Green's words. Pierce is a future HoF. If Green referred to Pierce being stabbed or something, then yeah... that's going too far.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
the association wrote:
The Logo wrote:
the association wrote:

He's by far the best defensive player on the best team in the league while averaging 10/8/7 with 1.5 steals and 2.1 blocks. What's Pierce doing these days?

Pierce is 39 years old. He's six or seven years past his prime. Why is the best defensive player on the best team worried about a 39 year old? Fixating on his retirement? Really, that's what's going on in that dude's head? Wait ... is Pierce in his head ... ? Like, the LeBron fans in satanrubio's head ... ?

He's trashing a Celtic and you come to dude's defense? What kinda Laker fan are you? I think throwing shade at Paul Pierce is something every player should do at least once.

A 35+ year Lakers fan ...

I didn't come to Pierce's defense, I merely pointed out that he's a 39 year old soon-to-be first ballot HOF who hasn't played in a game since December (and moreover, he's barely played the equivalent of three full games all season), and that it's classic Draymond Green dumb-(bleep)-ery to embarrass himself trash talking a player riding the a DNP-Injury train in the first minute of a game on his home court. Seemingly out-of-the-blue, awkward, like a (bleep) ridiculous mental health issue unfolding before our eyes on the court ... frankly, it wasn't even trash talk ... when you yell at a random person on the train for no apparent reason, it's not called trash talk ... it's called being a (bleep) lunatic.

(bleep) move ... plain and simple. But not surprising ... that's just textbook Draymond Green.

And as far as hating Boston players just because they've been our rivals for so many years, the last Celtics that summoned my hatred were Bird, McHale, Ainge, Sichting, Kite and their ilk when I was a child. As a man in his 40s, the idea of hating Paul Pierce just because he played most of his career in a Celtics uniform doesn't really cross my mind.

I guess I'm just less of a Lakers fan than you ...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

The Wheelchair trash-talking was hilarious but the league needs to do something about the kicking.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If you're soft you might dislike this type of trash talking in sports. I actually love it. I would like to see all the best players go at each other like that. I know Kobe used to trash talk with the best of them. As long as it doesn't get too personal its all good imo.

Kobe was the king of psychological warfare. A lot of it wasn't even verbal!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: