Taboo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Taboo

Since intriguing TV shows are often up for discussion, this one deserves time.

I was going to attempt to explain, but, as is often the case, it's best to leave it to the professionals:

"This part is simple, as we are helpfully told the year is 1814, and we’re in London. We are also exclusively in three shades: grey, mud, and dark."

"Boy does this show want us to realise just how dark is it. Or, should we say, Dark. Daaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrk. We’re three minutes in when Hardy finds a dead body (dark), whom he steals from (darker) and who turns out to be his father (darkest)."

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-new-bbc-tom-hardy-drama-taboo

In short, this show is a power struggle between a most interesting protagonist, the US, the Crown, and the East India Trading Company, though it is much more. It is quite exceptional from many standpoints, but the feel--the setting and imagery, including the dregs and the colorful characters--is what first grabbed me. The story, so very slowly unfolding, keeps my attention. For those who like network vanilla, I'd stay away however.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Been thinking about starting this show up. Anyone else really enjoy it? Hardy is dope.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I've been watching this show since the premier and I love it. Definitely different from your normal TV shows. Hardy and Johnathan price are excellent.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm hooked, they are up to the seventh episode. very dark, but differently interesting and very twisted...!
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

It is fun to watch. The last line of the most recent episode - very interested to see what happens next.

Lots of good chewy acting. The chemist is really a good character. The King's point man is so repulsively evil. Brace says a lot with his eyes. Of course Hardy and his Pryce.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

So what episode do I have to get up to until he has sex with his sister? On second thought, don't spoil.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: