Clippers to Inglewood?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Clippers to Inglewood?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18760889/los-angeles-clippers-search-new-arena-includes-inglewood

Pluses: Clippers move out from the Lakers home arena, no more covering Lakers championship banners....a place they can call home. Value of the area around Inglewood increases even more.
Cons: Potential delays in building the new Inglewood stadium for up to 2 years for environmental reports and planning, potentially delaying Super Bowl in 2021, Rams home delayed further forcing them to play at the Coliseum past 2019? Chargers play at Stubhub Center past 2019? Both NFL teams won't get the massive corporate $$$$ sponsorships and PSL's from the new stadium because of the delay?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Bye. You can take your giant Jamal Crawford banner with you.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Just go somewhere
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping against hope the Lakers would buy and renovate the old forum. Bring back old memories.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

In old Showtime territory? Please.

Go to the OC or some other city that has beef with LA. Go to San Diego so they can feel better about the Chargers skipping town.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Go to the OC or some other city that has beef with LA. Go to San Diego so they can feel better about the Chargers skipping town.

QFT Talking about sacrilege!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I was hoping against hope the Lakers would buy and renovate the old forum. Bring back old memories.

Forum is outdated for today's NBA. MSG bought it and put in over a 50 million dollars in renovations to make it a permanent concert venue. In order to update it to most of the state of the art facilities (luxury boxes, tiered seating) would require a complete structural overhaul that probably doesn't make it worth doing in terms of costs. They would be better off imploding it and building a completely new building.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

They're originally from there anyways. (Clipper ships)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

They should move to San Diego or Seattle or be cancelled as a franchise
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Forum is outdated for today's NBA. MSG bought it and put in over a 50 million dollars in renovations to make it a permanent concert venue. In order to update it to most of the state of the art facilities (luxury boxes, tiered seating) would require a complete structural overhaul that probably doesn't make it worth doing in terms of costs. They would be better off imploding it and building a completely new building.

PIPE DREAM

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Originally from Buffalo (Braves, moved to SD in 78).
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Clippers. Move to the G-League, bastages!
sugi942
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

The Sonics should get out of the Staples Center and go to Seattle already.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

sugi942 wrote:
The Sonics should get out of the Staples Center and go to Seattle already.

I don't like the idea that I would have to like the Clippers then...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Good, never liked the idea of the Lakers sharing the staples center with the Clippers.

But this won't happen till 2024...too long to wait.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Good, never liked the idea of the Lakers sharing the staples center with the Clippers.

Ballmer has the option till 2024, but he has more than enough cash to end the agreement and pay any penalties. I think Staples Center will miss the additional money they get from each game and I'm sure they can probably work out an agreement to share part of the revenue from their new arena if they decide to move out earlier than expected.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I couldn't imagine the impact that would have on the downtown area. Staples Center was the impetus for LA Live.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Stay out of my city and go to Orange County or better yet Seattle.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Ballmer has the option till 2024, but he has more than enough cash to end the agreement and pay any penalties. I think Staples Center will miss the additional money they get from each game and I'm sure they can probably work out an agreement to share part of the revenue from their new arena if they decide to move out earlier than expected.

Hope the clippers get out of the lease as soon as possible then. I think it's good for both teams. The young Lakers can really call staples exclusively they're home and maybe even play with more pride. And the clippers can get out of the shadow of the laker legacy at least somewhat, by moving out of a shared arena.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

With the recent building boom in DTLA there's no way Clippers are going anywhere.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
With the recent building boom in DTLA there's no way Clippers are going anywhere.

Not sure why this means anything to them. They are the 3rd wheel in the Staples Center as far as tenants go. They practice at facilities in the westside. With their own arena they would have more control of the revenue not to mention scheduling of their games. Ballmer has shown a desire to have his own basketball arena and money is not really a concern to him. From what I've heard he wants a more intimate arena, so it will probably be a smaller arena than the Staples Center and probably won't have a hockey rink so the fans will be closer to the action.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Dammit, the Clippers are why we can't have nice things. Just leave the basin all together. Go to the westside or Carson or whatever. I don't want to see their stupid logo everywhere when I'm going to watch my Rams probably lose. We're already gonna have the Clippers of football in that complex.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Dammit, the Clippers are why we can't have nice things. Just leave the basin all together. Go to the westside or Carson or whatever. I don't want to see their stupid logo everywhere when I'm going to watch my Rams probably lose. We're already gonna have the Clippers of football in that complex.

Nothing is set in stone, but I can see them not reaching an agreement for a couple of reasons...
Kroenke refuses to sell the land to Ballmer to build the new arena.
The NFL doesn't want any delays in the project which would push back the opening of the new Inglewood stadium and the Super Bowl slated for 2021. If the opening gets delayed a year or two, the Chargers and Rams lose money from PSL's and corporate sponsors and the NFL doesn't like losing money.
The NFL wants the site to be strictly NFL focused.....its also supposed to be the location of the west coast studio of the NFL network, and location of the west coast NFL Hall of Fame.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

We don't want them back, they screwed us the first time and it was the last time.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

Nothing is set in stone, but I can see them not reaching an agreement for a couple of reasons...
Kroenke refuses to sell the land to Ballmer to build the new arena.
The NFL doesn't want any delays in the project which would push back the opening of the new Inglewood stadium and the Super Bowl slated for 2021. If the opening gets delayed a year or two, the Chargers and Rams lose money from PSL's and corporate sponsors and the NFL doesn't like losing money.
The NFL wants the site to be strictly NFL focused.....its also supposed to be the location of the west coast studio of the NFL network, and location of the west coast NFL Hall of Fame.

I like the way you think.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: