Mozgov?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Mozgov is one half of:
"Mitch & Jim's diabolical, stink it to 'em, stealth payback, just in case Jeannie fires us, back-up plan."
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
epak wrote:
We drafted a question mark in zu and black was a rfa. We needed a center at that point.

Have any of the 2016 FA centers we had a chance to get played well this year?

Aldrich, Dedmon, Hibbert,, Nene, Reed, Bogut/Monroe all have a higher PER than Mozgov except Bogut and I'm pretty sure Bogut's impact would have gone far beyond #'s on defense and passing.

All of those guys have played limited minutes and games this year and come off the bench...

Mozgov is a starting center in the NBA imo...That doesn't mean hes as good as Deandre or Gasol etc. it just means he is good enough to start on a competitive team.

There is no reason for us to play MOZ we are trying to tank and develop the young guys to see what we have in terms of assests..

We have to reload over the summer, hopefully get a pick to really accelerate the process...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Bogut's near done as well too.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
DNP-Sucks
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Could've used him today tbh
Time is better used as a learning experience for Zub though
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

I'm still hoping that Mozzer's pride leads to a buyout. I don't care how much money he is getting, it has got to hurt to be completely healthy and not even get off the bench for weeks.

Can you imagine if he does not play all next season either? He might just want a buy out.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I'm still hoping that Mozzer's pride leads to a buyout. I don't care how much money he is getting, it has got to hurt to be completely healthy and not even get off the bench for weeks.

Can you imagine if he does not play all next season either? He might just want a buy out.

Really! Or just relax and enjoy life cashing 16m per year like a true former NBA Champ. We may see how next year vodka, caviar and beautiful russian girls took a toll from his already not so impressive physical attibutes.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Yong wrote:
Half the reason why Mitch was fired

I can't understand why he did this and the Deng contract...

I can understand to a certain extant, considering needing to reach the cap floor and veteran presence.

On the other hand, they really rushed both deals when there were other possibilities out there.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Could've used him today tbh
Time is better used as a learning experience for Zub though

True, true. His contract will be bloated compared to his playing time, but we still need him, especially as Zu needs to develop the stamina to play more minutes and over the course of a full season.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

One thing is for sure he will be easier to move than Deng
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Yong wrote:
Half the reason why Mitch was fired

I can't understand why he did this and the Deng contract...

He didn't, Jim did desperately trying to save his job.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Zu going up against this guy in practice every day is a great thing.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I know it is pointless now.....but our FO took a beating over those poor FA deals, but everyone allows Luke to escape any criticism on it....and he was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov. There was even speculation he was the driver in encouraging the FO to sign Mozgov.

Who reported that?

As far as recruiting, he made a courtesy phonecall, right? I've never understood how that places him on the same hook.

"I was huge on pushing to try to get Mozgov and I’m thrilled that we were able to get that done.”

- Luke Walton

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/

No need to make excuses for him.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I know it is pointless now.....but our FO took a beating over those poor FA deals, but everyone allows Luke to escape any criticism on it....and he was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov. There was even speculation he was the driver in encouraging the FO to sign Mozgov.

Who reported that?

As far as recruiting, he made a courtesy phonecall, right? I've never understood how that places him on the same hook.

"I was huge on pushing to try to get Mozgov and I’m thrilled that we were able to get that done.”

- Luke Walton

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/

Truly pissed off with Luke. And he pushed for Mozgov instead of Harrison Barnes.

Mind just blown.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Moz is good to have off the bench, so obviously not at the
current price tag...the problem is not Moz, it's the contract
he was granted...
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Who reported that?

- Luke Walton

Truly pissed off with Luke. And he pushed for Mozgov instead of Harrison Barnes.

Mind just blown.

Well when he was a restricted free agent the Lakers didn't want to try, and in fact they stayed away from him thanks to that awful finals series he had. Also if we are developing Ingram we really don't need Barnes.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Who reported that?

- Luke Walton

Mind just blown.

I forgot about that interview (remember reading it now). Yeah, it's pretty mind blowing that an NBA assistant coach could be that off on a player assessment. He seems to be under the impression that Moz is a good passer.
OPMSm0k3r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Yong wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Who reported that?

- Luke Walton

Mind just blown.

I forgot about that interview (remember reading it now). Yeah, it's pretty mind blowing that an NBA assistant coach could be that off on a player assessment. He seems to be under the impression that Moz is a good passer.

Lets not forget the possibility Luke was NOT aware of the contract details.

I would like to look towards the future (bleak as it is), and identify how we can cut salary in which we can sign (1) MAX player in '18 or '19. Long as we have the cap space to do that, I'm okay.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Biyombo was the exact same price.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
He is just not a good fit here.

By "here" do you mean the Lakers? The NBA? The United States?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

OPMSm0k3r wrote:

I would like to look towards the future (bleak as it is), and identify how we can cut salary in which we can sign (1) MAX player in '18 or '19. Long as we have the cap space to do that, I'm okay.

Essentially the toilet is clogged and overflowing and Magic and Pelinka have to come in and deal with it.

You can't just call a plumber, you are going to have to get your hands dirty here.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Biyombo was the exact same price.

We should have passed on all the high priced bigs and looked for guys like Aldrich,Dedmon or guys through trade like Bogut/Monroe
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
OPMSm0k3r wrote:

Essentially the toilet is clogged and overflowing and Magic and Pelinka have to come in and deal with it.

You can't just call a plumber, you are going to have to get your hands dirty here.

Well Magic has said he's planning to rely on Luke's word heavily. Maybe that isn't such a good idea.

Moz isn't even an average passer. Did Shaw lead him astray?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: