The Javale McGee vs Shaq beef
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

i disagree with some of kerr's basketball ideas, but he is a great guy. everyone's going to want to play with him.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Durant should chill lol. I know Shaq can be petty but KD has no business to get involved like that. Shaq didn't have to run to a 73 win team to chase rings lol. You couldn't even get a ring with RW so stop with those ignorant shades. If you think Shaq had no skills and it's all about size, watch DJ play and wonder why he won't be anywhere near the conversation of all time greats. Young Shaq was pretty mobile and played in the era of great Cs.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

McGee should take the high road and focus on improving his game and being a key part of a championship team. He's on the most stacked team in the NBA, so the opportunity is there for him.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Is there any validity to the idea that Shaq is costing McGee money? Do GMs really watch TNT commentary and take it seriously?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Is there any validity to the idea that Shaq is costing McGee money? Do GMs really watch TNT commentary and take it seriously?

No, This is JaVale Freaking McGee. He's been the butt of jokes in the league for years. He's 29 and has reached the point in his career where he is just bouncing from team to team. He had a lot of potential when he was younger, and the Nuggets gave him a sizable contract. He was a dud. Basically, he's a vet minimum player from here on out.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Not unless it's advertising money of which I doubt McGee would've had any opportunities in this day and age.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not unless it's advertising money of which I doubt McGee would've had any opportunities in this day and age.

McGee is too dumb even to be a DeAndre Jordan type player. Think about that for a second.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

McGee is too dumb even to be a DeAndre Jordan type player. Think about that for a second.

I thought about for a second. And I still don't find the humor because calling people/players dumb is well..dumb.

But anyway, it is astonishing a grown man like Shaq would find it humorous to basically bully McGee. It is immature and a horrible example for his kids.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I thought about for a second. And I still don't find the humor because calling people/players dumb is well..dumb.

But anyway, it is astonishing a grown man like Shaq would find it humorous to basically bully McGee. It is immature and a horrible example for his kids.

Shaq's Mom called him and yelled at him so he said he'd stop. Then Pam McGee called him out publicly so l think he really is done.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Durant should chill lol. I know Shaq can be petty but KD has no business to get involved like that. Shaq didn't have to run to a 73 win team to chase rings lol. You couldn't even get a ring with RW so stop with those ignorant shades. If you think Shaq had no skills and it's all about size, watch DJ play and wonder why he won't be anywhere near the conversation of all time greats. Young Shaq was pretty mobile and played in the era of great Cs.

True.

Shaq just played with Kobe and Wade,a top 10 all time player and top 5 SG all time? He also was good enough to jump ship a few times, and sprinkled in some time for Lebron and Nash.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

Guys like Magic, Kobe and KAJ aren't exactly saints either, but this is why I am not in favor of giving Shaq a gold statue. Totally embarrassing little league antics. He's practically a child with great business acumen. I can't forget how badly he treated us, especially the whole 'show me the money' shtick at Dr. Buss, during his last year and the many potshots taken at Kobe and the front office during his years in Miami.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

True.

Shaq just played with Kobe and Wade,a top 10 all time player and top 5 SG all time? He also was good enough to jump ship a few times, and sprinkled in some time for Lebron and Nash.

Shaq joined Lakers when Kobe was a rookie. He became Top 10 player much latter. He came to Lakers 'cos he was confident that he could carry the team without another superstar. Left a legit one in Penny. He was traded to Miami. Anyways, none of this changes what I said about KD thinking Shaq had no skills and just strength.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Nah Shaq was cooning because his critiques weren't just left to Shaqtin' a fool. He'd go after Javale on Twitter over his haircut over his clothes over his facial expressions in a picture. The assertation was that Javale was dumb or stunted. Was it Ali/Frazier like not really but Ali was attacking Frazier's appearance not his intelligence, while never acknowledging how Frazier would give him money when he couldn't get it elsewhere, whereas Shaq is solely attacking his intelligence which is wrong. Who is Shaq to critique anyone's intelligence? If we're being honest he's just an old dude who was great at his old job, who's desperately trying to hold onto relevance by bemoaning the lack of traditional big men in today's NBA. Just like those fossils from the 70's and 60's would bemoan the lack of grace in his game except for Wilt who admitted he should've taken a similar approach to Shaq's when he played. Shaq is almost 50 years old and it took his mama for him to be self aware enough to chill on attacking Javale. This mother (bleep) Shaq will be a grandfather in a few short years and his mother still has to tug his ear to get him to act like an adult. That's (bleep) ing mind boggling. Shaq is a coon because instead of using his platform to help and elevate he uses it to get a better angle to punch down from just like his boy Charles Barkley, shout out to Oakley for slapping the (bleep) out of Chuck. Shaq is a child because at middle age he still needs his mom to get him to act like a grown up/man. Basically thanks for the championship years Shaq the player but after 2004, (bleep) Shaq the man. Oh wait, evidence is mounting his mental makeup never matured along with his physical makeup.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

This is why I never liked Shaq. He was a force on the basketball court - but should just not open his mouth. He even might have some more rings by doing so...
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Shaq is like that one friend you have who keeps ribbing you and poking fun at you. Then eventually you fire back because you're tired of it and the friend claims "hey, relax, im just joking" trying to blame you instead of apologizing.

There's always truth to people consistently ribbing you. It's never 100% in a pure joking manner if they are consistently doing it.

And not a surprise.. now Shaq is saying his mom (more like his TNT bosses) told him to stop with the back and forth with McGee.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Shaq is being an ass, anyone who finds this funny loves bullying. What he did to Dwight and others was different, versus what he is doing to JaValee. Shaq was just plain jealous of Dwight, period. THough i don't care much for Dwight, Shaq was jealous and hated all the comparisons.

He couldn't laugh at Dwight because he was a Star, JaValee is easy because he has not really done much in the league, till now. Shaq just thought he could bully him. JaValee had the right to stand up for himself. Imagine if players laughed a Shaq because he was fat and a lousy FT shooter?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Shaq is probably THE most insecure sports athlete I've ever seen. Close 2nd: Dwight, T.O
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

When you're damn near 45 years old and your MAMA has to tell you to stop...you need to re-evaluate your life.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Shaq's mom and dad usually has to come into these situations when their son goes out of control with his feuds...I remember pops aka the sarge (RIP) was the one who set him straight and that was the reason why the Kobe feud ended. For this one it looks like mom gave him a stern talk to end it.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

Is Shaq 15 years old?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Shaq is like that one friend you have who keeps ribbing you and poking fun at you. Then eventually you fire back because you're tired of it and the friend claims "hey, relax, im just joking" trying to blame you instead of apologizing.

There's always truth to people consistently ribbing you. It's never 100% in a pure joking manner if they are consistently doing it.

And not a surprise.. now Shaq is saying his mom (more like his TNT bosses) told him to stop with the back and forth with McGee.

I actually have a friend exactly like this who basically just tries to make me look stupid in every social setting and over social media. Eventually, I got fed up and told him to knock it off. He got pissed off, accused me of having thin skin and being unable to take a joke, and then tried to blame me for it. He refused to stop and said he'd "do what he felt like." I ended up blocking him on social media. Not sure how long until he gets the message.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It worked out well for Skip Bayless. People are saying that Shaq is acting like a teenager but then again there seem to be a lot of people interested in what Skip has to say and since when has he acted like an adult?

Last edited by Steve007 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

I actually have a friend exactly like this who basically just tries to make me look stupid in every social setting and over social media. Eventually, I got fed up and told him to knock it off. He got pissed off, accused me of having thin skin and being unable to take a joke, and then tried to blame me for it. He refused to stop and said he'd "do what he felt like." I ended up blocking him on social media. Not sure how long until he gets the message.

It's a way to manipulate people, even if they aren't aware of it and are being thin skinned themselves. Tell you that you're the one with the thin skin so they can get you to shut up, and then if you do shut up they go back to constantly trying to make you look dumb which is what they want.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Lol at Durant saying stuff like "My teammate works so hard." There are a lot of guys that will go to a serious contender and suddenly look better. Durant is one of them (that will be even more true if he finally wins a ring, and he also has a great shot at winning the Finals MVP).
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

True.

Shaq joined Lakers when Kobe was a rookie. He became Top 10 player much latter. He came to Lakers 'cos he was confident that he could carry the team without another superstar. Left a legit one in Penny. He was traded to Miami. Anyways, none of this changes what I said about KD thinking Shaq had no skills and just strength.

Shaq's agent wrote a piece where he said the real story is Orlando bungled it. The CBA in those days would have let them simply outbit everyone else, but they lowballed him and pissed him off. The Magic kept nickle and diming, and haggling over stuff like option years, while the Lakers kept upping their offer. And then Shaq got pissed off about an Orlando newspaper poll where readers said he wasn't worth the money. The agent says if Orlando had simply given him a big contract upfront he would have resigned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: