Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Knowing Jeanie's history, what would everyone think about the Magic hire and current FO situation if TMZ came out the next few days with info about the two dating?
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Knowing Jeanie's history, what would everyone think about the Magic hire and current FO situation if TMZ came out the next few days with info about the two dating?

Isn't Magic married? No idea how I'd feel, but if they make the right moves I wouldn't care.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what. They fired two men who were not doing their jobs.......You guys can pretend that jim and mitch were good at their jobs and had us on the right track. I want to look at reality and decide, they were wrong for the job and we are starting fresh. If mistakes and wrong decisions are made...yes jeanie and magic will be responsible, but to doubt them from the start is crazy.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what. They fired two men who were not doing their jobs.......You guys can pretend that jim and mitch were good at their jobs and had us on the right track. I want to look at reality and decide, they were wrong for the job and we are starting fresh. If mistakes and wrong decisions are made...yes jeanie and magic will be responsible, but to doubt them from the start is crazy.

Has anyone looked at our record. The game on Sunday against the Spurs was again revealing on how far we have to go.

We are one of the worse team in the league.

Yes we have some young players but there is absolutely no guarantee that any of these players will become an "all star". There is absolutely no guarantee that this team will compete for a playoff spot in the next two years.

Simply, the FO was removed because they did not do their job.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

The New Magic Johnson Era

Quote:
As virtually every NBA fan knows by now, the Lakers ousted Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak and appointed Magic Johnson as the president of basketball operations. What will that mean for the Lakers going forward?

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/03/02/the-new-magic-johnson-era/
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what.

Yeah they just went on a media tour for a week straight to publicly shame two people who dedicated their lives to working for the Lakers, including a man who was instrumental in ensuring that Kobe won his second two titles.

I am intrigued and excited for what can happen next but this still doesn't sit right with me, and I can't fully be happy with everything because of how especially Mitch Kupchak was treated. This was handled very coldly. They really twisted the knife for no other reason than to twist the knife.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

as long as Pelinka, Magic, and Jeanie build a roster around Luke's vision and not Magic's... I'm happy.

I wish we didn't oust Mitch, maybe give him a senior advisory type role but changes needed to be made and unfortunately Mitch was tied to Jim.

FWIW, Jeanie wasn't the only person who wanted Magic. Jesse and Joey were in on all the meetings and the other Buss children were all aware of what was going on. Jeanie is the face more than ever but it was a collective Buss effort to bring in Magic.

New practice facilities, new CBA, new young talent, new great young coach, new media opportunities, all star game coming to LA this year, etc. I think that the new approach to all that will be great.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

FWIW, Jeanie wasn't the only person who wanted Magic. Jesse and Joey were in on all the meetings and the other Buss children were all aware of what was going on. Jeanie is the face more than ever but it was a collective Buss effort to bring in Magic.

This is a good point. Remember Jesse and Joey being at that first meeting with Magic the day he was hired as an """"""""""advisor""""""""""? Also Kevin Ding kinda kept referencing them in his articles as being kind of the rightful heirs in management.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Who is here for some Magic Johnson #content?

"Can Magic Johnson Revive Once-Proud Los Angeles Franchise?" - Sam Amick
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what.

Yeah they just went on a media tour for a week straight to publicly shame two people who dedicated their lives to working for the Lakers, including a man who was instrumental in ensuring that Kobe won his second two titles.

I am intrigued and excited for what can happen next but this still doesn't sit right with me, and I can't fully be happy with everything because of how especially Mitch Kupchak was treated. This was handled very coldly. They really twisted the knife for no other reason than to twist the knife.

they were not doing a good job!!!!!! so what happens. it doesnt matter that you have been their for a long time. Jimmy was not going to resign.... that was the easy way. He stated what he was going to do and then decided he would not keep his promise. I have no sorrow for jimmy and mitch.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

they were not doing a good job!!!!!! so what happens. it doesnt matter that you have been their for a long time. Jimmy was not going to resign.... that was the easy way. He stated what he was going to do and then decided he would not keep his promise. I have no sorrow for jimmy and mitch.

It's not about whether or not they were doing a good job at the time they were fired. It's about how they were let go. Jeanie could have made removing them quick and simple. But she brought Magic on a week earlier just to publicly crap on everyone involved when she already had her mind made up.

It's not about competency. It's about human decency and respect for an at least previously great Laker GM in Kupchak. The media tour was classless and cold and I will never really look at Jeanie Buss in a kind light again.

It's like people just want to see blood. We're such vultures.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Y6f56V0AAbZdO.jpg

Last edited by 32 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

^ Give us the #1 pick Silver!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

I was basically going to say the same thing.

They had to clean house.

It sucks but that is reality.

Look at what Jim Buss did after he got fired.

Without any cause, he pursued a baseless action against the Trust and Corporation by appointing a director who did not want the job in the first place.

What an idiot?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
.@MagicJohnson & GM Rob Pelinka chat with the legendary Bill Bertka at today's practice #LakeShow

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/844641549614891008
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

They had to clean house.

Without any cause, he pursued a baseless action against the Trust and Corporation by appointing a director who did not want the job in the first place.

What an idiot?

I know this does no good, but without cause? He got fired before his deadline was up, and then dragged through the mud in the process. I'd call that cause. And the action he pursued (and make no mistake, they didn't nominate a guy who was unaware and unwilling) was never really intended to succeed, or he would have gone forward with it. It was designed to show here what kind of mischief they could get up to as managing trustees, which is of course why there is still an ongoing court case, because they can do any number of things at the next shareholder's meeting...
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

Omar, do you think the NBA could force it's hand in changing the ownership of the team if the court case between Jeannie and the Johnnie/Jim Buss gets ugly.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
laker4life wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

They had to clean house.

What an idiot?

I know this does no good, but without cause? He got fired before his deadline was up, and then dragged through the mud in the process. I'd call that cause. And the action he pursued (and make no mistake, they didn't nominate a guy who was unaware and unwilling) was never really intended to succeed, or he would have gone forward with it. It was designed to show here what kind of mischief they could get up to as managing trustees, which is of course why there is still an ongoing court case, because they can do any number of things at the next shareholder's meeting...

Before his deadline was up? I disagree. He said I'll step down if we are not in deep playoffs by end of this season.

When he was fired we had bottom 3 record. Don't know what he would have done in 2 months to get this team from bottom 3 to deep playoffs
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Jeanie and Magic most def smashed back in the day lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jeanie and Magic most def smashed back in the day lol

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Omar, do you think the NBA could force it's hand in changing the ownership of the team if the court case between Jeannie and the Johnnie/Jim Buss gets ugly.

Yes. Although I don't think it would come to that. They could facilitate or force something within current ownership.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
laker4life wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

They had to clean house.

What an idiot?

Before his deadline was up? I disagree. He said I'll step down if we are not in deep playoffs by end of this season.

When he was fired we had bottom 3 record. Don't know what he would have done in 2 months to get this team from bottom 3 to deep playoffs
read the last phrase of your third sentence.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
laker4life wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

They had to clean house.

What an idiot?

I respectfully disagree that being fire before a deadline and being dragged through the mud constitute "cause". For me personally, Buss only has "cause" if there is some violation of some legal right that Buss possessed.

First, there was no "contract" which "established" the deadline as the end date. It was simply created to provide some guidance.

Also, being dragged in the "mud" is a matter of opinion. Buss is an executive for the Los Angeles Lakers and is probably considered a sports figure/a limited public figure. People are entitled to criticize him for his sport's decisions.

Media, bloggers, and fans are allowed to give endless criticism, name calling or even ridicule him if it pertains to his sport's decisions or choices. Therefore, he can be clearly dragged through the "mud".

Also, one of these proposed board member stated that he did not wanted to be on the Board.

Quote:
'In addition, Mr. Chaudhari made it very clear that he is not, nor has he ever been, interested in participating in a family dispute.” [...]"

http://deadspin.com/the-buss-brothers-sure-dont-seem-very-competent-or-well-1793084398
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Gary Vitti does not seem to like the new regime.

"I worked more than half of my life for the Lakers, and I can honestly look at myself in the mirror and say I gave every ounce that I had every day. I will forever be grateful to [the late Lakers owner and patriarch] Dr. [Jerry] Buss, a man I believe exemplified what I believe to be the trifecta of the most important human values: honesty, kindness and loyalty. Going forward, it's not my team so Jeanie can do what she thinks is best."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245390/Gary-Vitti-Absent-Since-Lakers-Regime-Change
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

now i look back on it we could have kept lou and just shut him down for the season. Having lou next year and beyond is more valuable than some 27th pick player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 2 of 174
Jump to: