OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 341, 342, 343 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No i'm asking what if the Lakers signed this dude this offseason? He was certainly a bone headed clown but has played well this year.

No thanks, no one's doubting his talent, but how positive is he to a locker room and the young guys? If Lebron doesn't want you, you know that you (bleep) up.

To add to that, he's only played well for 16 of there current hot 19 game streak. He's also missed a huge chunk of time to boot. His over the year averages are pedestrian at best. With that said, a 4 week sample size in a contract year...20m? Market value?

wait, what? I just said if we needed to add someone as a salary holder to punt cap space that could put the ball in the basket.....I am not giving him $20 Million or even close to it on a one year deal.

Not you . I've just read it his name pop up here and there as a suggestion to throw a chunk of change at in case any of the other bigger names don't pan out.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No i'm asking what if the Lakers signed this dude this offseason? He was certainly a bone headed clown but has played well this year.

No thanks, no one's doubting his talent, but how positive is he to a locker room and the young guys? If Lebron doesn't want you, you know that you (bleep) up.

To add to that, he's only played well for 16 of there current hot 19 game streak. He's also missed a huge chunk of time to boot. His over the year averages are pedestrian at best. With that said, a 4 week sample size in a contract year...20m? Market value?

For me at least, I don't see much value for Waiters in the NBA. When I watched him play for OKC last year, I didn't come around very impressed with him. To me, he's basically a more problematic Jamal Crawford-lite.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For me at least, I don't see much value for Waiters in the NBA. When I watched him play for OKC last year, I didn't come around very impressed with him. To me, he's basically a more problematic Jamal Crawford-lite.

Agreed. Just being a bit sarcastic.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

you were not impressed when he gave a forearm to the defender while he was taking the ball out of bounds to create space

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

you were not impressed when he gave a forearm to the defender while he was taking the ball out of bounds to create space

I was impressed with how easily Webber was triggered by that play
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

let me tell you about Dwyane Dedmon.

First, I do not know who Dwyane Dedmon is, but if we are talking about Dewayne Dedmon, did you ever consider that I may just be a little more familiar with him than this game? Like as in maybe I have watched up close and in person for 2.5 years before he went to the Spurs this year.....and I was one of the many people in Amway Arena who never understood why he didn't get more minutes under Skiles. Or Like I was on this very board calling for the Lakers to sign him this summer when the Magic pulled by his QO to sign Biyombo.

So maybe I do not need anyone to tell me about Dewayne Dedmon....because I am fully confident he is an elite rim protector in the NBA...has been for years, and is far better at it than anyone on the Lakers roster.

Same thing can be said about Dewayne Dedmon.

Elite rim protector, has been in the league for years? Really...

Never registered 1 block per game any year of his entire career, and was never a good enough player to stay on the court long enough to merit it over a season and this is his 4th year in the league on his 4th team

"Elite rim protector in the league for years."

Nope, and was never good enough to remain relevant on a team long enough to take advantage of said 'elite' rim protection.

Rim protection is more than blocks. Based on last year's stats, Dedmon was rated much higher than any Laker big. He isn't elite, but much better than what we have.

I agree, Dedmon is a pretty solid defensive big. Not elite but above average.
I think he'd be a nice compliment to Zub long term.
However, with big money tied up in Moz, and a 7 mil team option on Black, who is playing really well, I don't see us spending on a 5 this off season. Not that I wouldn't want Dedmon, just don't see us spending there.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Jose waived? So we have a spot open? D-league... who?
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jose waived? So we have a spot open? D-league... who?

I've heard David Nwaba's name mentioned a couple of times here, wouldn't mind giving him a shot. Julian Jacobs could be an option as well. Or maybe we give Anthony Brown another shot?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I heard Phil might waive Derrick Rose.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Shams Charania

Verified account
@ShamsCharania
Follow

More
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to sign guard David Nwaba of the L.A. D-Fenders on a 10-day contract, league sources tell @TheVertical.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Eric Pincus‏
Verified account
@EricPincus 1m
1 minute ago

More
Eric Pincus Retweeted Shams Charania
Nwaba has been balling with the @DFenders - tough player, plays hard, defends
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Nice.
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

might be the guy we need on the wing!
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Nwaba profiles kind of like a Tony Allen, but you better hope he gets that chance, because in today's league every guard is expected to shoot well. Nwaba can't shoot whatsoever. You can probably lay 10 feet off him and dare him to shoot a jumper.

Other than that, there's rebounds, steals and blocks, lots of them. But if Gary Payton II, Thomas Walkup, and Terry Tarpey can't even get the initial sniff, what makes you think this guy can?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Seth Curry with 29 again tonight. Why didn't we sign him again?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

PnG Rule 2582 Section C Subsection 14 - no player who has a biological sibling in the NBA, and is considered the lesser talent shall dress in the official Laker uniform.

It is why we could not re sign Pau once it was confirmed Marc had officially surpassed him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

He seemed pretty one-dimensional and 'meh' with the Kings. Credit to him for improving and for Dallas on taking a reasonable chance.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

PnG Rule 2582 Section C Subsection 14 - no player who has a biological sibling in the NBA, and is considered the lesser talent shall dress in the official Laker uniform.

It is why we could not re sign Pau once it was confirmed Marc had officially surpassed him.

but seriously it's irritating to see him playing so well (19/4 last 5 on great %'s) on a bargain contract. I remember a lot of us on here got excited when he Kings made him a UFA out of hopes we would go after him.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I hope the new FO can spot out the FA bargains better than Mitch/Jim could. People was on here hoping for Biyombo in 2015 before he signed a cheap deal in Toronto and same with S.Curry. Hopefully we stop wasting roster spots on guys like Sacre, Kelly, MWP, Calderon, Marcelo and start getting more potential on the end of the bench.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He seemed pretty one-dimensional and 'meh' with the Kings. Credit to him for improving and for Dallas on taking a reasonable chance.

His defense was one of the best aspects of his game last season. Dallas lucked out with Ferrell and Curry, but it shows the value of evaluating d-league prospects. Whole league is going that route. Hell, Warriors are doing it as well. Nice to see Lakers taking a chance with Nwaba.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

His defense was one of the best aspects of his game last season. Dallas lucked out with Ferrell and Curry, but it shows the value of evaluating d-league prospects. Whole league is going that route. Hell, Warriors are doing it as well. Nice to see Lakers taking a chance with Nwaba.

I just wanted his 40%+ shooting from 3 to go with DLO. Hopefully Nwaba can turn into Tony Allen part 2.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Going to sleep dreaming about a PG13+DMC summer in 2018+Top 3 pick in 2017

Cousins/Zubac
Nance
PG13/Ingram
Fultz/J.Jackson/L.Ball
DLO
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Does this game winner from tonight remind you guys of anyone in particular? Didn't he train with Kirby this off season?

vs

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
Does this game winner from tonight remind you guys of anyone in particular? Didn't he train with Kirby this off season?

vs

Yeah, that's the same exact terrible shot made by two really good terrible shot makers. I love seeing all these younger players channel their inner Mamba mentality. Kyrie, Leonard, DD, etc....
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Going to sleep dreaming about a PG13+DMC summer in 2018+Top 3 pick in 2017

Cousins/Zubac
Nance
PG13/Ingram
Fultz/J.Jackson/L.Ball
DLO

Ugh, no Cousins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 341, 342, 343 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 342 of 1813
Jump to: