Andrew Bogut signing with the Cavs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Andrew Bogut signing with the Cavs

Wow, well I guess they got all the help they need now. Going to be tough to beat imo.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

Bogut and Deron, nice pick ups... cheap too
Derrick Williams has been looking like another nice pick up
There's also Brandon Jennings available if they want
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Bogut and Draymond gonn get testy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

At least JaVale McGee won't have to hear from Shaq or be a player on Shaqtin A Fool. Shaq's mama told him to knock it off.

I'll be watching because I don't think Bogut got the credit he deserved for the Dubs success.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't he sign with GSW? He knows the players/staff there.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The Warriors let him go to sign Durant and then a lot of people badmouthed him on his way out of town. I suspect he'd like nothing better than meeting the Warriors in the finals and beating them.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

The Warriors let him go to sign Durant and then a lot of people badmouthed him on his way out of town. I suspect he'd like nothing better than meeting the Warriors in the finals and beating them.

Should be fun to watch another super team go down in flames
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

Imo Durant is the worst. It really was his fault the Thunder did not beat GS last playoffs. Then he went and joined them. I can't wait to watch them choke it away.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Imo Durant is the worst. It really was his fault the Thunder did not beat GS last playoffs. Then he went and joined them. I can't wait to watch them choke it away.

Bitterness only leads to disappointment.

It was the "NBA dream" to build a team through the draft that has the talent to become a finals contender and then use that cap space to sign a superstar.

That's what Lakers fans have wanted to do for years.

Trust, if Russell, Randle and Ingram somehow lead this team to be a finals contender in the next 4 years, and we came back from 3-1 to beat the Pelicans and that convinced Anthony Davis to become a Laker. Would you be up here bashing Davis and hoping he fails too?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

The Cavs vs. the Warriors would be an interesting series -- third meeting of a couple of superteams.

Durant would probably have the most on the line. If the Cavs beat the Warriors with a guy the Warriors got rid of to make room the Durant, it would be kind of funny.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

The Cavs vs. the Warriors would be an interesting series -- third meeting of a couple of superteams.

Durant would probably have the most on the line. If the Cavs beat the Warriors with a guy the Warriors got rid of to make room the Durant, it would be kind of funny.

This is by far the deepest team for the Cavs the past three years, with Korver, Smith, Deron, Frye, and Bogut off the bench, while the Warriors obviously have their star power. Would be really interesting to see these two teams match up again.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Do you mean just fans, or the players/staff as well? Classless thing to do that to him...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Nice premature thread. Bogut hasn't decided where to sign. Celtics, Rockets, Spurs and Cavs are all in contention. There was a report yesterday that he was interested in Boston, but hasn't decided.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He can't re-sign with the Warriors until one year after the trade.

It wasn't an option for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

he CAN sign with them b/c the CBA apparently says the "last team" that traded him (which was Dallas, not the Warriors).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

It was the "NBA dream" to build a team through the draft that has the talent to become a finals contender and then use that cap space to sign a superstar.

Trust, if Russell, Randle and Ingram somehow lead this team to be a finals contender in the next 4 years, and we came back from 3-1 to beat the Pelicans and that convinced Anthony Davis to become a Laker. Would you be up here bashing Davis and hoping he fails too?

I don't think the real reason Durant left for GS has been revealed. I have a feeling Westbrook was a part of the reason. I don't have any evidence, just a feeling.

If I had to blame anyone for his leaving I lay most onus at the feet of ownership. They could have kept Durant, Westbrook and Harden together. If that trio had remained in tact I believe Kevin would still be there and OKC would have been a contender.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Do you mean just fans, or the players/staff as well? Classless thing to do that to him...

I didn't follow what happened myself. But in interviews Bogut has talked about how the team knocked him in a lot of anonymous quotes after he left. He went on a rant of how two-faced the league is. I'm sure you can find it in a quick Google if you care.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MJST wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I don't think the real reason Durant left for GS has been revealed. I have a feeling Westbrook was a part of the reason. I don't have any evidence, just a feeling.

If I had to blame anyone for his leaving I lay most onus at the feet of ownership. They could have kept Durant, Westbrook and Harden together. If that trio had remained in tact I believe Kevin would still be there and OKC would have been a contender.

I don't think "the real reason" is mysterious -- he wanted to play on a stacked team that has a great chance to win a ring. Most players do; he was in a rare situation where a stacked team could offer a superstar a max salary.

Superstars want to have a disproportionate, unfair amount of talent around them. Sure, they'd prefer that talent come to them, but that's not always possible.

I've never bought into the myth that great players want to do more with less, or they really care all that much which team they're playing for. They care about money, winning, their ego, and whatever other factors benefit them (such as where they want to live). It's all self-interest, like everyone else.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I didn't follow what happened myself. But in interviews Bogut has talked about how the team knocked him in a lot of anonymous quotes after he left. He went on a rant of how two-faced the league is. I'm sure you can find it in a quick Google if you care.

Found it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18008688/andrew-bogut-dallas-mavericks-says-nba-full-shallow-two-faced-people

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MJST wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I don't think "the real reason" is mysterious -- he wanted to play on a stacked team that has a great chance to win a ring. Most players do; he was in a rare situation where a stacked team could offer a superstar a max salary.

Superstars want to have a disproportionate, unfair amount of talent around them. Sure, they'd prefer that talent come to them, but that's not always possible.

I've never bought into the myth that great players want to do more with less, or they really care all that much which team they're playing for. They care about money, winning, their ego, and whatever other factors benefit them (such as where they want to live). It's all self-interest, like everyone else.

Most players, if not all, want to play on a team with the best chance of bringing home the Larry O'Brien. That doesn't remove the circumstances surrounding KD's departure.

No one knows what kind of relationship Kevin and Russell really had. On the surface to me it looked a little rehearsed.

I still own they could have played well enough, with Harden, to contend for a ship, even with their, in my opinion, strained relationship. e.g. Kobe, Shaq, three ships.

I'm always amazed how people can speak for others with such authority. Speculation is my closet.

When money is no longer the priority, other than for status, what does a player want? Does he want the ring or the challenge? I think the ring but the challenge may mean self gratification. When means more to the player? IDK.

Had management kept the trio together the challenge would have been there. Money may have become a factor in time. In the interim the challenge may have been sufficient.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MJST wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Most players, if not all, want to play on a team with the best chance of bringing home the Larry O'Brien. That doesn't remove the circumstances surrounding KD's departure.

No one knows what kind of relationship Kevin and Russell really had. On the surface to me it looked a little rehearsed.

I still own they could have played well enough, with Harden, to contend for a ship, even with their, in my opinion, strained relationship. e.g. Kobe, Shaq, three ships.

I'm always amazed how people can speak for others with such authority. Speculation is my closet.

When money is no longer the priority, other than for status, what does a player want? Does he want the ring or the challenge? I think the ring but the challenge may mean self gratification. When means more to the player? IDK.

Had management kept the trio together the challenge would have been there. Money may have become a factor in time. In the interim the challenge may have been sufficient.

Well, when you said "had management kept the trio together," to me all you're saying, "If Durant had a team in OKC around him he thought he could win with, he'd stay." Sure.

I don't think NBA players really care about "the challenge" in some existential sense. The superstars want money and a chance to win rings.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MJST wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Well, when you said "had management kept the trio together," to me all you're saying, "If Durant had a team in OKC around him he thought he could win with, he'd stay." Sure.

I don't think NBA players really care about "the challenge" in some existential sense.

The superstars want money and a chance to win rings.

I'm saying they had a great core in place. Management didn't and in this case, didn't have to spend to keep the core together. There was a year left on Harden's rookie contract. They boo booed.

If that's the case where is the competitive spirit necessary to be a superstar. Kobe welcomed the challenge, MJ welcomed the challenge.

Of course they want money and a chance to win rings, that's a no-brainer.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

he CAN sign with them b/c the CBA apparently says the "last team" that traded him (which was Dallas, not the Warriors).

oh nice, good point yinomes!
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I would actually love for Bogut to sign with us if the 76ers are able to buy him out.

He should be able to play in the system better than Mozgov and help tutor Zubac better in it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
I would actually love for Bogut to sign with us if the 76ers are able to buy him out.

He should be able to play in the system better than Mozgov and help tutor Zubac better in it.

I think Andrew's going to sign with Cleveland. I haven't seen where they have signed him.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: