Cousins traded to Pelicans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Cousins 26, Davis 23. Miss the playoffs get into the lottery, hope to get a good slot to grab a quality player. With that core and team so young NO has a great foundation to build on. Look at the age on this roster. Jack is the oldest at 33. LINK

They traded their 1st Round pick for Cousins.

And building around two high usage bigs was never gonna work, but some folks are gonna ram their head into that same wall over and over again regardless.

Forgot about the first round pick. AD can play the stretch 4. He has the handles and shot. You have to defend him on the perimeter. That's going to make room at the rim for Cousins or vice versa.Should up the offensive rebounds.

EDIT: Tim Duncan and David Robinson said hello.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This isn't going to work out. But heck for buddy hield it's worth the risk.

And this year's 1st. I'm assuming no protection?

Top-3 protection.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This isn't going to work out. But heck for buddy hield it's worth the risk.

And this year's 1st. I'm assuming no protection?

Top-3 protection.

Ahh thank you sir. Still a crappy deal for Sacto then
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I think the Pels really just need to revamp their roster for next year and develop chemistry with the Boggie AD tandem. Decide whether Jrue Holiday is actually a good fit with Boogie and AD. Moore is a solid role player, but he shouldn't be your starting 2 either. Hurts that they've committed so much money to Hill and Asik who both play positions that AD and Cousins play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
I think the Pels really just need to revamp their roster for next year and develop chemistry with the Boggie AD tandem. Decide whether Jrue Holiday is actually a good fit with Boogie and AD. Moore is a solid role player, but he shouldn't be your starting 2 either. Hurts that they've committed so much money to Hill and Asik who both play positions that AD and Cousins play.

Holiday has good handles. IMO he dribbles to much. To much ISO. Reminds me of Clarkson.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
And building around two high usage bigs was never gonna work, but some folks are gonna ram their head into that same wall over and over again regardless.

You're probably right, but on the other hand it isn't like the Pels were on track to becoming a contender. Now they have a chance of attracting some middle tier free agents and becoming consistent 5-8 seed in the playoffs. For the Pels, that would be a good outcome.

If you want an optimistic analogy for the Pels, it would be Zach Randolph and the Grizzlies. Randolph was considered a problem player, but he and Marc Gasoline worked out well. I see your point about high usage bigs, and I agree. Still, there is a path forward for the Pels that is better than what they had before.

But I'm betting on Cousins to screw the whole thing up.

Their cap space situation is a bit tenuous, especially if they retain Jrue Holiday. Bear in mind in 2018 they would have to max out Boogie too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

They have no shooting and Solomon Hill isn't cutting it at SF either. If Jrue stays, they have no cap space so not sure how they will improve their team to be honest.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

They have no shooting and Solomon Hill isn't cutting it at SF either. If Jrue stays, they have no cap space so not sure how they will improve their team to be honest.

I see Hill as more of a 4 and I always thought his one playoff stretch wasn't a great indicator of whether he'd be a tangible option long term as a 3/D guy. Personally if I'm the Pels, I look away at Holiday, if it means you can get an average PG and throw money at an elite shooter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I see Hill as more of a 4 and I always thought his one playoff stretch wasn't a great indicator of whether he'd be a tangible option long term as a 3/D guy. Personally if I'm the Pels, I look away at Holiday, if it means you can get an average PG and throw money at an elite shooter.

If I'm the Pels, I sign Patty Mills and spend the rest of the cap on the best 3/D shooting guard available with the budget...ironically, something like Justin Holiday?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Small sample size alert: Pelicans blow out Detroit without Cousins (suspended by league).
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Small sample size alert: Pelicans blow out Detroit without Cousins (suspended by league).

Beat the Lakers last night. Is he still a mid-season trade bust?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

I thought they would be a lock to make the playoffs, now I'm not so sure. Takes time to develop chemistry and they don't have enough games left. Could go down to the wire.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

The Pels are a mess. They don't have the cap space to improve their team either and they have many holes.

I can see Boogie either being traded next year or leaving in 2018.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: