jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

To me that was the main event.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

This is getting too much! something has to be done about this crazy weight cutting that these dudes do.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

The rules need to change. I hear they're trying to get Michael Johnson to fill in
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
The rules need to change. I hear they're trying to get Michael Johnson to fill in

I guess that rematch would help soften the disappointment Ferguson must be feeling at least somewhat. This is the third time the Khabib fight has fallen through for him. And like OregonLaker said, this was the main event. It has to be such a rough spot for El Cucuy. Big chance of a letdown and that would just absolutely suck. Sucks for us either way.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I guess that rematch would help soften the disappointment Ferguson must be feeling at least somewhat. This is the third time the Khabib fight has fallen through for him. And like OregonLaker said, this was the main event. It has to be such a rough spot for El Cucuy. Big chance of a letdown and that would just absolutely suck. Sucks for us either way.

Yup exactly. And according to Ferguson the UFC is trying to cut his pay and remove the interim title from the fight. Dang that sucks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

hankscorpio wrote:
Mcgregor the chicken cant run forever. Hes defended his "belts" a grand total of 0 times.

Sorry but, this is one of the most uninformed UFC statements ever uttered.

Conner fought TWO Champions for his belts, Conner went up 25 lbs to fight a highly rated fighter (Nate Diaz) and when he lost he was totally committed to fighting him again (which he won).

Fighting someone 25lbs heavier than you (unless you are a heavy-weight) is typically a guaranteed LOSS! Yet Conner took on the challenge and won!

So any statement about him being "chicken" or ducking people is asinine!

As for the Khabib vs Ferguson fight, Ferguson should be given the number one ranking and based on how often he actually fights, Khabib should be dropped to 10 and make him fight his way back up the latter...
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Conor was beaten by Nick Diaz. And arguably beat the 2nd time (I still think Diaz won the second fight). Conor is great but nothing like he's made out to be.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

BRUH Woodley is so boring to watch. Was rooting for Wonderboy, bad fight, Woodley did win.. Did by far the most damage

Woodley should become a ground and pounder..
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
BRUH Woodley is so boring to watch. Was rooting for Wonderboy, bad fight, Woodley did win.. Did by far the most damage

Didn't get to watch but, as our boy JB called it, that was the most predictable outcome for the rematch. Ty already has a less than popular appeal among fans as is so the ground and pound approach certainly won't do much to endear him moving forward. But maybe he just did what he had to do against Wonderboy and will go back to a mixture of standup too.

Too bad about Khabib. Sounds like another disappointing PPV.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Didn't get to watch but, as our boy JB called it, that was the most predictable outcome for the rematch. Ty already has a less than popular appeal among fans as is so the ground and pound approach certainly won't do much to endear him moving forward. But maybe he just did what he had to do against Wonderboy and will go back to a mixture of standup too.

Dude it was a horrible fight, I mean horrible, zerooo action. Last minute, Woodley drops WB twice..
Wish I didn't buy this
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Dude it was a horrible fight, I mean horrible, zerooo action. Last minute, Woodley drops WB twice..
Wish I didn't buy this

I just watched the postfight in-octagon interviews and heard the crowd booing and Rogan trying to market the fight as a tactical chess match that he loved watching. If what you're saying is true, that's two duds in a row for the UFC and the next card is the Rumble/DC rematch which doesn't exactly excite. Real shame. Wonder what happens with the welterweight division now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Wish I didn't buy this

I just watched the postfight in-octagon interviews and heard the crowd booing and Rogan trying to market the fight as a tactical chess match that he loved watching. If what you're saying is true, that's two duds in a row for the UFC and the next card is the Rumble/DC rematch which doesn't exactly excite. Real shame. Wonder what happens with the welterweight division now.

GSP come save us! That fight was TURRIBLE!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject:

Liked the Overeem vs Hunt fight, great finish by Overeem, powerful knees.

Also thought Teymur looked great, but the main event wasn't that exciting and losing Khabib v Tony Ferguson was a loss the card couldn't recover from in th end.

Hopefully UFC 210 will be better, hoping to see DC get put to sleep by rumble. They should try to get Tony V Khabib on this card if they can.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Liked the Overeem vs Hunt fight, great finish by Overeem, powerful knees.

Also thought Teymur looked great, but the main event wasn't that exciting and losing Khabib v Tony Ferguson was a loss the card couldn't recover from in th end.

Hopefully UFC 210 will be better, hoping to see DC get put to sleep by rumble. They should try to get Tony V Khabib on this card if they can.

I don't know if the UFC wants to count on two AKA guys to headline a card.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

UFC 211 card looks like it has a solid chance not to suck. No superstars per se but definitely contains intriguing matchups.

Miocic / Santos 2

Jedrzejczyk / Andrade

Maia /Masvidal

There also throwing in Alvarez / Poirier and Cejudo / Pettis. A much better approach to booking a show. Three of those have a chance to be highly entertaining.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Andre Ward Interviews Nate Diaz. Nate is obviously not well spoken but this was a fun segment IMO

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Andre Ward Interviews Nate Diaz. Nate is obviously not well spoken but this was a fun segment IMO

Yeah. Just watched that myself. Dre and the Skrap Pack go way back. The Diaz Bros aren't articulate but they speak their hearts and have depth. I like them both a lot. Agree with the assessment of the potential half a billion dollar match up though.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Conor might gas out in this 12 round fight by the 7th round. Can see him getting knocked out after that, even though Mayweather isn't a power puncher.. Just think conditioning may be a huge factor there
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah. Just watched that myself. Dre and the Skrap Pack go way back. The Diaz Bros aren't articulate but they speak their hearts and have depth. I like them both a lot. Agree with the assessment of the potential half a billion dollar match up though.

Agreed man. I like when we get athletes interviewing other athletes and they actually have the skills to do so.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Conor might gas out in this 12 round fight by the 7th round. Can see him getting knocked out after that, even though Mayweather isn't a power puncher.. Just think conditioning may be a huge factor there

Earlier in Floyd's career he could knock people out. Until he decided it was better to preserve himself. Now he has the brittle hands issue though. Do you think Floyd would tire McGregor out and then give it his all and be aggressive toward the end of the fight to go for the KO? This would likely be his last fight, so I wonder if he would go all out

Last edited by 22 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed man. I'm like when we get athletes interviewing other athletes ant they actually have the skills to do so.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Earlier in Floyd's career he could knock people out. Until he decided it was better to preserve himself. Now he has the brittle hands issue though. Do you think Floyd would tire McGregor out and then give it his all and be aggressive toward the end of the fight to go for the KO? This would likely be his last fight, so I wonder if he would go all out

Gassed or not, I don't think Conor is going to get knocked out by Floyd. 4 oz vs, 12-16 oz gloves. I'd actually bet a huge amount on a prop bet that ain't happening.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed man. I'm like when we get athletes interviewing other athletes ant they actually have the skills to do so.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Gassed or not, I don't think Conor is going to get knocked out by Floyd. 4 oz vs, 12-16 oz gloves. I'd actually bet a huge amount on a prop bet that ain't happening.
yeah Conor's got a good chin too.

He'd have to be REALLY tired, then anything can happen IMO
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Conor gasses so crazy in his fights.... Like late 2nd round he's super gassed, lol. Then he does find a bit of a 2nd wind, but it's shaky
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

True but the fatigue Conor faced is overstated. There were multiple reasons why he gassed. It's a fact he was on antibiotics in the first fight. Secondly, I know you train so try throwing punches to a target (even a heavy bag) 5 inches higher. That is WAY more tiring. Third, he wasn't just swinging, he was swinging for the KO shot for 2 rounds straight with high volume. Fourth, Nate was constantly marching forward. Throw 100 kill shots over two 5 minute periods while the opponent is also looking to constantly pressure... None of these things will be a factor against Floyd much less the 3 minute versus 5 minute round. In the second fight against Nate, he gassed in the 3rd IIRC and caught his second wind. Make no mistake, Conor is going to get pieced up but he won't fatigue imo. Especially against a defensive smaller guy with pillow hands, big fat gloves, 3 minute rounds and no threat of a takedown.

In any event, I think Conor might have to do something out of left field. I don't know, maybe when they get caught together in a clinch, if I were Conor, I'd "accidentally" judo toss him to the ground. Not hard mind you but just a little hip movement. I'd throw my hands up and go "what the food did I do?". Maybe do it once or twice early. He's going to have to do something crazy to rattle Floyd, that's the only chance he's got. Conor's has just enough crazy in him to try something like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 402 of 499
Jump to: