Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GT if you can smuggle me some Synergy numbers so I'll have no choice but to write something *wink wink nudge nudge*

(btw I graduate soon at which point I'll actually be free to write)

Whatever you need, man.

GT, do you have info on where Deng & Moz rank defensively for relevant stats?

If Synergy stats agree with my eye test and other defensive stats (lineup ratings, DRPM despite its flaws) I want to write an article highlighting the value of MozDeng, contracts notwithstanding. Not the sexiest line for an article, but something I'd like to get out there anyways.

Finally going to introduce your negative RPM measure, I see.

Quote:
Also, someone on LFR has to write something about Russell's defense. cough cough fiendish

I did sort of already in my defense article. And I think GT's tweetstorm covered the rest.

Though, if you really want one, I'm sure Michael Taylor would leap to the rescue.

MAN

I honestly had no idea.

It's all good tho. Reminds me of me stan-ing for Kobe when I was younger.

He makes me seem like nash.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GT if you can smuggle me some Synergy numbers so I'll have no choice but to write something *wink wink nudge nudge*

(btw I graduate soon at which point I'll actually be free to write)

Whatever you need, man.

GT, do you have info on where Deng & Moz rank defensively for relevant stats?

If Synergy stats agree with my eye test and other defensive stats (lineup ratings, DRPM despite its flaws) I want to write an article highlighting the value of MozDeng, contracts notwithstanding. Not the sexiest line for an article, but something I'd like to get out there anyways.

Finally going to introduce your negative RPM measure, I see.

Quote:

Quote:
Also, someone on LFR has to write something about Russell's defense. cough cough fiendish

I did sort of already in my defense article. And I think GT's tweetstorm covered the rest.

Though, if you really want one, I'm sure Michael Taylor would leap to the rescue.
I feel like I'm missing something great.

And yeah both help, but man it'd be great to have focused analysis to point to for folks. If I could integrate the tape into my analysis I would but I'm not close to that I might one day write something about DBPM & DRPM and Randle tho
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Have you guys thought about making videos on helping people understand good defense vs bad defense better? That seems to be an area that has a lot of people confused and not knowing who to fault.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Have you guys thought about making videos on helping people understand good defense vs bad defense better? That seems to be an area that has a lot of people confused and not knowing who to fault.

That's a good idea. Maybe fiendish & I can collaborate on something over the summer.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Practice wrote:

That's a good idea. Maybe fiendish & I can collaborate on something over the summer.

Sounds good. Also, GT already did quite a bit of breaking down good and bad defense in some of his game recap videos.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

LFR podcast wants Nance and Randle to shoot 3s ... and they both launch (nicely) against the Suns. Coincidence?! I think not!
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Practice wrote:

I one who'd appreciate it a lot!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject:

Very interested in this one, is the hype real or naw
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Hope we get the #1 this time so we get to decide after workouts

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject:

From the video I got the vibe that he was basically an uber talented Jordan Clarkson, lol.

BTW: what you said about his slow gather on catch & shoot 3s, plus his low FT%... Brandon Ingram v2 in terms of 3 point shooting not translating that well?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Hope we get the #1 this time so we get to decide after workouts

I wish #2 wasn't such a tug at Magic's heart strings, with the inevitable selection of Lonzo - because I think there are a few guys worthy of consideration there, too! Such a good upper lotto this year
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Fultz looks like a great College player, I see him playing a lot like Russel, perhaps a bit more fearless in driving to the hoop, a little better in assists, if the Lakers took him, they would need to bump Russel to the 2 or have him on the bench.

I would love to have a pass-first PG, like a Kidd, Nash or Stockton, it would cut down on the number of times Randle, Ingram and some of the others have to run unsuccessful one-on-one plays...

For the Lakers to take the next big leap (besides Defense) having a PG that can average 10 ASP would be huge!
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

A more athletic, less consistent Chris Paul/D'Angelo Russell hybrid
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Fultz looks great. Would be a bit worried about him in transition and his catch and shooting but those would be fixable
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
From the video I got the vibe that he was basically an uber talented Jordan Clarkson, lol.

BTW: what you said about his slow gather on catch & shoot 3s, plus his low FT%... Brandon Ingram v2 in terms of 3 point shooting not translating that well?

I don't think he'll struggle as much as Ingram has, due to his ability to simply elevate over the contests + his shooting stroke (whereas Ingram's almost always bothered by them), but I do think he'll dip into the 33-34% range his rookie season.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

GT I have a bias for guys to have something freakish in their game. What would you say that might be in Fultz's game?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
GT I have a bias for guys to have something freakish in their game. What would you say that might be in Fultz's game?

He's an elite shotmaker. I watched 6 games in total, and I think he got 2-3 easy shots. He has tremendous balance, if you're looking for a physical attribute.

I don't think there's anything in his game that I'd describe as freakish, necessarily, but those are the two closest things.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

I would love to have a pass-first PG, like a Kidd, Nash or Stockton, it would cut down on the number of times Randle, Ingram and some of the others have to run unsuccessful one-on-one plays...

You do realize that pass-first PG like Kidd, Nash or Stockton don't come around too often. Especially not in a time where big man are supposed to shoot threes...

If you watch the Warriors and Spurs and everybody that tries to copy them - you can clearly see that they don't rely on pass first PGs. They want players to be able to make plays and pass in any position. So basically everbody wants 3 Klay Thompsons and 2 Draymond Greens without the attitude. Or 5 LeBrons.

I usually skip the offense part in most of those draft videos - I'm more interested in the defensive side even though offense is more entertaining to watch. You can see a lot more of the players "soft skills" in the defense, like effort, hustle, tenacity, taking plays off... If I were GT I would actually put out the defensive video first - since it feels more important.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Fultz is more athletic than Russell, but he's not that explosive. He just seem to have more coordination than Russell when it comes to driving.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I was watching the McDonald's game and thinking, are we sure that Jackson isn't #1? (nothing against Fultz, he stood out as well). Small sample size aside, GT have you considered incorporating the McD and other high school all star games into your draft videos? They play a more NBA style there, and personally I've found them to be very informative when looking at prospects.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I was watching the McDonald's game and thinking, are we sure that Jackson isn't #1? (nothing against Fultz, he stood out as well). Small sample size aside, GT have you considered incorporating the McD and other high school all star games into your draft videos? They play a more NBA style there, and personally I've found them to be very informative when looking at prospects.

No, I haven't. I've always thought of them as no-defense ASGs, so I'm curious as to what you see. Also, had you asked me a year ago, I would have had Jackson at #1 based on what I saw in HS. I'm concerned about how he scores in the NBA.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

New Podcast, regarding the Russell benching & more...

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/so-what-did-that-accomplish
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Practice wrote:

I one who'd appreciate it a lot!
I would also appreciate your potential upcoming informative videos

It would be helpful knowing when in the game the play occurred since teams play harder and more focused at the end of games.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

You do realize that pass-first PG like Kidd, Nash or Stockton don't come around too often. Especially not in a time where big man are supposed to shoot threes...

If you watch the Warriors and Spurs and everybody that tries to copy them - you can clearly see that they don't rely on pass first PGs. They want players to be able to make plays and pass in any position. So basically everbody wants 3 Klay Thompsons and 2 Draymond Greens without the attitude. Or 5 LeBrons.

I usually skip the offense part in most of those draft videos - I'm more interested in the defensive side even though offense is more entertaining to watch. You can see a lot more of the players "soft skills" in the defense, like effort, hustle, tenacity, taking plays off... If I were GT I would actually put out the defensive video first - since it feels more important.

That's why you don't pass on Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 10 of 93
Jump to: