34%  [ 14 ]
5-10years
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
i think he'll play until he gets six (ala MJ) then leave, beyond 6 is ridiculous what more does he want honestly?

bill russell says hi

Yeah. 13 years 11 championships. Wonder how he felt the two years he didn't win?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
999 wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
i think he'll play until he gets six (ala MJ) then leave, beyond 6 is ridiculous what more does he want honestly?

bill russell says hi

Yeah. 13 years 11 championships. Wonder how he felt the two years he didn't win?

Russell is in a league of his own though, cant argue with his stats

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

brady will retire when there won't be enough fingers to put championship rings on
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I think his wife has a lot of say so. One rough season for Brady and i think he calls it quits with the family urging him to do so. He's 40, its year to year for him. One thing the super bowl showed was that when pressured, Brady is not good at evading the rush and extending plays and his accuracy goes downhill. the other contenders in the AFC are going to remember the first half of the SB particularly and get the personnel to go after him this fall.

Smart thing for the Pats* to do is draft a RB. they need to develop their running game to take the heat off him.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I think his wife has a lot of say so. One rough season for Brady and i think he calls it quits with the family urging him to do so. He's 40, its year to year for him. One thing the super bowl showed was that when pressured, Brady is not good at evading the rush and extending plays and his accuracy goes downhill. the other contenders in the AFC are going to remember the first half of the SB particularly and get the personnel to go after him this fall.

Smart thing for the Pats* to do is draft a RB. they need to develop their running game to take the heat off him.

he is arguable on the best protected quarterbacks in the league, why would he need a RB when he can throw the deep ball like its nothing

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Matt,

it's not just about the running game itself. brady loves throwing to his running backs and tight ends. in the last 2 super bowls, his RBs had 10+ catches from what i remember.

brady strives when he has a quick hitting WR or RB in his lineup. his deep ball isn't the best (and he doesn't have many deep threats.. maybe hogan), so he relies on the short and intermediate passing game.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

he is arguable on the best protected quarterbacks in the league, why would he need a RB when he can throw the deep ball like its nothing

Because teams saw what the falcons did in the first half of the Super Bowl. They'll be sure to put the pressure on Brady. Disguise your rushes, send 5 -6, no o-line can give you much time in that scenario. a 40 year old Brady will be able to avoid the rush as well as a grandmother. This is where I like roethlisberger or rogers more, cause they can evade the pressure and make something happen.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Because teams saw what the falcons did in the first half of the Super Bowl. They'll be sure to put the pressure on Brady. Disguise your rushes, send 5 -6, no o-line can give you much time in that scenario. a 40 year old Brady will be able to avoid the rush as well as a grandmother. This is where I like roethlisberger or rogers more, cause they can evade the pressure and make something happen.

Since you either snoozed through the Super Bowl (or simply didn't track the action), it was one Falcon in particular that pressured Brady. Grady Jarrett had an outstanding game, having beaten the crap out of Shaq Mason, the second year RG. Nate Solder (LT) had trouble too with Freeney, but that isn't news. Solder is a very good LT, but he has trouble with the better speed rushers.

What baffles me is that you're too willfully blind (or stupid) to recognize what a pocket QB is, versus a scrambler. Brady has had a long, illustrious career as a pocket QB. For your edification, that's a QB who stays in the pocket. They aren't looking to scramble. They stay in the pocket so that they can survey the entire field. When they sense pressure in coming in at the edge, they step up into the pocket. They are in demand in the NFL because they see the entire field, and keep their cool as most QBs lose their nerve and run like hell.

Here's the bottom-line: If Brady was showing slower decision-making at age 39 than at 27, I'd say you made a valid point. But guess what? Brady gets rid of the ball faster at age 39 than age 27. He doesn't have a great OL. One of the reasons why New England doesn't invest much in an OL (unlike Dallas or Oakland) is because Brady is one of the top QBs in the league at releasing the ball after the snap (two and a half or so seconds). In other words, your analysis is weak and facile. Unlike most QBs, Brady doesn't hold the ball for long.

There is one QB who actually excels at escaping the pocket: Aaron Rodgers. If anything, he's more dangerous outside of the pocket, because he is insanely accurate at hitting his receivers on broken plays. I've never seen a QB with that capability. Fran Tarkenton was pretty good, and he benefited in a period that allowed forward passes beyond the line of scrimmage. Once they took that away from him (rule change), he became mortal. Rodgers is insanely accurate as he has an amazing arm, and he has fantastic vision over the entire field. Rodgers is incredible, count me in as a fan.

Roethlisberger? OK, this is why you don't get it. When you base your QB "ideal" on the likes of Roethlisberger, I can see why you (fallaciously) believe that Brady needs a premium RB. Roethlisberger doesn't have the quick release or decision-making abilities of Brady, so he relies on:

A. Scrambling
B. Outstanding RBs
C. Outstanding receivers

Item B (outstanding RBs like Bell) takes pressure off the QB, as defenses have to stack the box in order to beat the run. Item C allows scramblers like Roethlisberger to throw up 50/50 balls for long gains. The 50/50 ball works if you have outstanding receivers, and Roethlisberger has some of the best receivers in the NFL. But Brady doesn't need either. His talent is reading the field and making fast decisions.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Since you either snoozed through the Super Bowl (or simply didn't track the action), it was one Falcon in particular that pressured Brady. Grady Jarrett had an outstanding game, having beaten the crap out of Shaq Mason, the second year RG. Nate Solder (LT) had trouble too with Freeney, but that isn't news. Solder is a very good LT, but he has trouble with the better speed rushers.

What baffles me is that you're too willfully blind (or stupid) to recognize what a pocket QB is, versus a scrambler. Brady has had a long, illustrious career as a pocket QB. For your edification, that's a QB who stays in the pocket. They aren't looking to scramble. They stay in the pocket so that they can survey the entire field. When they sense pressure in coming in at the edge, they step up into the pocket. They are in demand in the NFL because they see the entire field, and keep their cool as most QBs lose their nerve and run like hell.

Here's the bottom-line: If Brady was showing slower decision-making at age 39 than at 27, I'd say you made a valid point. But guess what? Brady gets rid of the ball faster at age 39 than age 27. He doesn't have a great OL. One of the reasons why New England doesn't invest much in an OL (unlike Dallas or Oakland) is because Brady is one of the top QBs in the league at releasing the ball after the snap (two and a half or so seconds). In other words, your analysis is weak and facile. Unlike most QBs, Brady doesn't hold the ball for long.

There is one QB who actually excels at escaping the pocket: Aaron Rodgers. If anything, he's more dangerous outside of the pocket, because he is insanely accurate at hitting his receivers on broken plays. I've never seen a QB with that capability. Fran Tarkenton was pretty good, and he benefited in a period that allowed forward passes beyond the line of scrimmage. Once they took that away from him (rule change), he became mortal. Rodgers is insanely accurate as he has an amazing arm, and he has fantastic vision over the entire field. Rodgers is incredible, count me in as a fan.

Roethlisberger? OK, this is why you don't get it. When you base your QB "ideal" on the likes of Roethlisberger, I can see why you (fallaciously) believe that Brady needs a premium RB. Roethlisberger doesn't have the quick release or decision-making abilities of Brady, so he relies on:

A. Scrambling
B. Outstanding RBs
C. Outstanding receivers

Item B (outstanding RBs like Bell) takes pressure off the QB, as defenses have to stack the box in order to beat the run. Item C allows scramblers like Roethlisberger to throw up 50/50 balls for long gains. The 50/50 ball works if you have outstanding receivers, and Roethlisberger has some of the best receivers in the NFL. But Brady doesn't need either. His talent is reading the field and making fast decisions.

You know, your being a little too annoying (like your shriveled avatar) and low class calling names a little too loosely. Pretty brave hiding behind your computer and doing that. typical cowardly act from an internet tough guy, or perhaps your a girl with a name like angrypuppy. . Assuming your a guy, I know from your football analysis that i for sure have played more football than you.

Everyone knows the key to beating Brady is putting pressure on him, jamming his receivers and throwing they're timing off. its no secret. that's the whole key to beating him. He's terrible at evading pressure and folds like a cheap suit. He absolutely needs good pass protection and he got it this year. Last year the o-line had trouble and the patriots had a down year. Its all timing with that system. You put any half-way decent NFL QB in that system and they'll do very well. Put Brady on a bottom dwelling team and that team will still suck. He panics under pressure, his accuracy goes to sh** and he has lousy footwork. Rogers and Roethlisberger have more ability to adjust when a play breaks down. It doesn't matter if a QB is a 'pocket passer' or not, the pocket will collapse, sometimes pretty quickly, the QB needs to move and buy time. Brady is not very good at it.

And knocking Ben shows how superficial your football knowledge is. His release is fine. Problem was he had AB as his one reliable receiver and the rest were playing injured and/or practice squad guys who had trouble catching the ball. All the Patriots had to do after Bell went down was double AB. If Ben had his normal compliment of receivers Pats wouldn't be able to double Brown. That makes it a different game by itself (We don't even have to talk about losing Bell also). So don't get all excited and arrogant. The Patriots absolutely benefited from luck in the AFCCG and even more so in the Super Bowl. Falcons gave that game to the Pats. They also stopped being aggressive with their pass rush in the second half (is it a coincidence that the DC got fired??). Get that through your angrypuppy head. LUCK, nothing but LUCK last year and this year if the opponent made the NORMAL CALL otherwise its 0-2 in the SB for the Pats. Get it dimwit?

Just remember who started this sh** by acting snotty and arrogant, internet toughy
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

A. Scrambling
B. Outstanding RBs
C. Outstanding receivers

You know, your being a little too annoying (like your shriveled avatar) and low class calling names a little too loosely. Pretty brave hiding behind your computer and doing that. typical cowardly act from an internet tough guy, or perhaps your a girl with a name like angrypuppy. . Assuming your a guy, I know from your football analysis that i for sure have played more football than you.

Everyone knows the key to beating Brady is putting pressure on him, jamming his receivers and throwing they're timing off. its no secret. that's the whole key to beating him. He's terrible at evading pressure and folds like a cheap suit. He absolutely needs good pass protection and he got it this year. Last year the o-line had trouble and the patriots had a down year. Its all timing with that system. You put any half-way decent NFL QB in that system and they'll do very well. Put Brady on a bottom dwelling team and that team will still suck. He panics under pressure, his accuracy goes to sh** and he has lousy footwork. Rogers and Roethlisberger have more ability to adjust when a play breaks down. It doesn't matter if a QB is a 'pocket passer' or not, the pocket will collapse, sometimes pretty quickly, the QB needs to move and buy time. Brady is not very good at it.

And knocking Ben shows how superficial your football knowledge is. His release is fine. Problem was he had AB as his one reliable receiver and the rest were playing injured and/or practice squad guys who had trouble catching the ball. All the Patriots had to do after Bell went down was double AB. If Ben had his normal compliment of receivers Pats wouldn't be able to double Brown. That makes it a different game by itself (We don't even have to talk about losing Bell also). So don't get all excited and arrogant. The Patriots absolutely benefited from luck in the AFCCG and even more so in the Super Bowl. Falcons gave that game to the Pats. They also stopped being aggressive with their pass rush in the second half (is it a coincidence that the DC got fired??). Get that through your angrypuppy head. LUCK, nothing but LUCK last year and this year if the opponent made the NORMAL CALL otherwise its 0-2 in the SB for the Pats. Get it dimwit?

Just remember who started this sh** by acting snotty and arrogant, internet toughy

I have no idea whether you played more football than me, not that it matters. And I'm hardly arrogant about what I know, nor do I engage in the usual chest-beatings that fans tend to get into before, during or after games; when I post before a game I point out the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. I enjoy the strategic elements of team sports, and I enjoy the competitive analysis of what makes up a team (which of course dovetails into studying contracts, salary caps, etc.). It's interesting stuff.

You've launched into this discussion with some hardcore homer arguments, the silliest of which involve elevating Roethlisberger, who was near-elite in his prime, but that prime appears to have waned. At his best, Roethlisberger was a stand-tall in the pocket QB, and he sometimes scrambled to extend plays. As he's gotten older (and quite possibly a sign of his decline), Pittsburgh acquired an outstanding RB and what was once the best receiver corp. in professional football. He holds the football too long, and though I haven't access to the stats, he appears to be holding it longer nowadays than in his relative youth. He's also slower, and the hits are taking a toll as he's looks incapable of playing a 16 game season, which is why you want to minimize him scrambling. He's a completely different animal than Aaron Rodgers, who has elevated designed scrambles into an art form, a vastly superior version of old Frantic Fran Tarkenton. Rodgers is a singular talent; I've never seen a QB who can hit receivers from practically the locker room. Rodgers and Tarkenton were both far more dangerous outside of the pocket than in, and they are categorically very different QBs than Roethlisberger, who had serious trouble connecting with his receivers on deep passes this season. That is why analysis is facile and silly.

Krispy Kreme is right, scrambling isn't part of Brady's game or New England game plan. He's a short to intermediate pocket passing QB, and he makes fast decisions with the ball, holding for slightly more than 2 seconds, between the snap and throw. He's quite different than Roethlisberger, who as I mentioned, holds the ball too long. And unlike Rodgers, bad things happen when Roethlisberger holds onto that ball.

Oh, and FYI: Injuries are a part of football, which is strange that I should be telling you, a self-professed football player. That isn't luck, it is the nature of the game, as the game itself is corrosive.

I'm sorry that you've resorted to personal attacks, haranguing, and trolling for reactions in this thread.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

people lets keep civilized here.. its football, not the primary objective of the forums which is lakers

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

A. Scrambling
B. Outstanding RBs
C. Outstanding receivers

((FLAG ON THE PLAY - 3 DAYS FOR UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT - JMK))
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

guys calm down
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

I have no idea whether you played more football than me, not that it matters. And I'm hardly arrogant about what I know, nor do I engage in the usual chest-beatings that fans tend to get into before, during or after games; when I post before a game I point out the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. I enjoy the strategic elements of team sports, and I enjoy the competitive analysis of what makes up a team (which of course dovetails into studying contracts, salary caps, etc.). It's interesting stuff.

You've launched into this discussion with some hardcore homer arguments, the silliest of which involve elevating Roethlisberger, who was near-elite in his prime, but that prime appears to have waned. At his best, Roethlisberger was a stand-tall in the pocket QB, and he sometimes scrambled to extend plays. As he's gotten older (and quite possibly a sign of his decline), Pittsburgh acquired an outstanding RB and what was once the best receiver corp. in professional football. He holds the football too long, and though I haven't access to the stats, he appears to be holding it longer nowadays than in his relative youth. He's also slower, and the hits are taking a toll as he's looks incapable of playing a 16 game season, which is why you want to minimize him scrambling. He's a completely different animal than Aaron Rodgers, who has elevated designed scrambles into an art form, a vastly superior version of old Frantic Fran Tarkenton. Rodgers is a singular talent; I've never seen a QB who can hit receivers from practically the locker room. Rodgers and Tarkenton were both far more dangerous outside of the pocket than in, and they are categorically very different QBs than Roethlisberger, who had serious trouble connecting with his receivers on deep passes this season. That is why analysis is facile and silly.

Krispy Kreme is right, scrambling isn't part of Brady's game or New England game plan. He's a short to intermediate pocket passing QB, and he makes fast decisions with the ball, holding for slightly more than 2 seconds, between the snap and throw. He's quite different than Roethlisberger, who as I mentioned, holds the ball too long. And unlike Rodgers, bad things happen when Roethlisberger holds onto that ball.

Oh, and FYI: Injuries are a part of football, which is strange that I should be telling you, a self-professed football player. That isn't luck, it is the nature of the game, as the game itself is corrosive.

I'm sorry that you've resorted to personal attacks, haranguing, and trolling for reactions in this thread.

Just to put this to rest, even though i know your going to come back with more nonsensical arguments about Brady and Roethlisberger. You didn't even bother to read my reasoning and yet continue with names because you can't argue your way out.

Like i mentioned Ben's not slowing down. He was missing his all star caliber no 2 receiver all season, their Top FA acquisition Green, Wheaton his other no. 2 was out with injury most of the season and Coates playing with a freakin broken hand. All teams had to do was double AB while Ben was left with injured receivers and practice squad guys who couldn't catch the ball; little wonder he held the ball a little too long or forced it into double coverage to AB. Not to mention losing the best back in football for the AFCCG. If you follow Steeler football you'd know this.

Brady on the other hand benefits hugely from a solid o-line and veteran reliable receivers who can catch like there's no tomorrow and run precise timing routes. But like i said before, if DB's jam his receivers and throw the timing off and the pressure is there he's cooked. A QB like Ben or Rogers would scramble to avoid the rush, buy time, and find the open man while on the run. Doesn't matter if your considered a pocket passer or not, all QB's are faced with this. Brady sucks at it. He can't move and his accuracy goes down hill. He's a system QB. Put him on the Jags and....there still the Jags.

the Pats benefited hugely from a banged up Steelers team in the AFCCG and a falcons team that completely gave the game away by playing not to lose and on a silly call from Kyle Shanahan deep in Pats territory. A situation where you freakin run or even kneel and you win. Yeah, injuries are part of the game, but so is luck and the Pats got huge doses of it.

I would take a fully healthy Steelers roster vs a full Pats roster anyday. But then again, beating a 40 year old QB next year will come with its own excuses i imagine.

You also began by responding to my comments with condescending snide remarks and insults, typical of a know it all attitude and wonder why i replied the way i did ...sheesh
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Just to put this to rest, even though i know your going to come back with more nonsensical arguments about Brady and Roethlisberger. You didn't even bother to read my reasoning and yet continue with names because you can't argue your way out.

Like i mentioned Ben's not slowing down. He was missing his all star caliber no 2 receiver all season, their Top FA acquisition Green, Wheaton his other no. 2 was out with injury most of the season and Coates playing with a freakin broken hand. All teams had to do was double AB while Ben was left with injured receivers and practice squad guys who couldn't catch the ball; little wonder he held the ball a little too long or forced it into double coverage to AB. Not to mention losing the best back in football for the AFCCG. If you follow Steeler football you'd know this.

Brady on the other hand benefits hugely from a solid o-line and veteran reliable receivers who can catch like there's no tomorrow and run precise timing routes. But like i said before, if DB's jam his receivers and throw the timing off and the pressure is there he's cooked. A QB like Ben or Rogers would scramble to avoid the rush, buy time, and find the open man while on the run. Doesn't matter if your considered a pocket passer or not, all QB's are faced with this. Brady sucks at it. He can't move and his accuracy goes down hill. He's a system QB. Put him on the Jags and....there still the Jags.

the Pats benefited hugely from a banged up Steelers team in the AFCCG and a falcons team that completely gave the game away by playing not to lose and on a silly call from Kyle Shanahan deep in Pats territory. A situation where you freakin run or even kneel and you win. Yeah, injuries are part of the game, but so is luck and the Pats got huge doses of it.

I would take a fully healthy Steelers roster vs a full Pats roster anyday. But then again, beating a 40 year old QB next year will come with its own excuses i imagine.

You also began by responding to my comments with condescending snide remarks and insults, typical of a know it all attitude and wonder why i replied the way i did ...sheesh

I enjoy spirited disagreement, as long as it is presented with intellectual honesty. I don't think you're capable of rising to that level.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I enjoy spirited disagreement, as long as it is presented with intellectual honesty. I don't think you're capable of rising to that level.

Spirited disagreements? that's a laugh. your 'disagreement' in this and other threads was laced with insults, condescension, and maliciousness. I guess that's a tactic of yours when you can't counter argue another's point.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Guys seriously...

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

bumping this thread again

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Time for some more spirited disagreements.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

It's not disagreement i just think he needs to retire, plain and simple. He's held a 19 year strangle hold on the league, and thats pure selfishness, and he has every reason to retire and let others grow in the league

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

It's not disagreement i just think he needs to retire, plain and simple. He's held a 19 year strangle hold on the league, and thats pure selfishness, and he has every reason to retire and let others grow in the league

If you were in the game wouldn't you want to beat the best. If Brady retires because "he's held a 19 year strangle hold on the league," wouldn't that be doing a disservice not only to the game but to the successor? Would that person think he won something or would he think something was given to him? That's a hand me down.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I bet a lot of people thought that way about Michael Jordan as well. How many superstars never got a ring because of the Bulls dynasty.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I say two more years, because, a) as Jodeke says, his wife wants it, but 2), and more importantly, when his skills go, I suspect it will be much like Peyton: more like off a cliff than gradually downhill. Peyton hit that cliff at age 39; Favre at 41. Brady is already 41.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I disagree - with spirit of course - that Brady should retire simply to let other players have a chance to win. It's not his fault the Seahawks and Falcons blew it. It's not his fault that Goff was rattled from the moment he touched down in Atlanta for the game. All 3 teams had chances to beat him (and 3 others have).

It's not like Brady pulled a Durant. He's been there his whole career and has the added bonus of a great owner and the GOAT coach. Were people calling for Magic to retire when he went to 8 finals and won 5 in the 80's?

Being too successful isn't a reason to retire, IMO. Having nothing else to prove and wanting to enjoy life outside of football, that's another story.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I hope my Chargers, or at least the Rams beat this guy and his team next year. So hopefully he sticks around for a little while and his team continues to be great so that we can watch some deserving team make him feel the pain he's inflicted on the rest of the league all these years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: