Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 3m
3 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

Well, the Giants were on my list! Haha.

Probably most convenient for him. Giants have a better QB and another WR to avoid double teams. But he's a headcase and he better realize he's not going to get the lion's share of targets anymore.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 3m
3 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

Probably most convenient for him. Giants have a better QB and another WR to avoid double teams. But he's a headcase and he better realize he's not going to get the lion's share of targets anymore.

I don't think he's a headcase any longer. I actually think he has a lot of respect around the league. He's really made some meaningful changes to his life after a pretty dark beginning to his NFL career, with the wife knife-stabbing incident and all.

In any case, I think it's a really good get for the Gigantes. Eli slipped pretty noticeably last season, but now they don't have to address WR in the draft at all. They can look to the early rounds of the draft to address offensive line and possibly TE. Maybe even RB, though I think Perkins can be decent in his 2nd year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 3m
3 minutes ago

I don't think he's a headcase any longer. I actually think he has a lot of respect around the league. He's really made some meaningful changes to his life after a pretty dark beginning to his NFL career, with the wife knife-stabbing incident and all.

In any case, I think it's a really good get for the Gigantes. Eli slipped pretty noticeably last season, but now they don't have to address WR in the draft at all. They can look to the early rounds of the draft to address offensive line and possibly TE. Maybe even RB, though I think Perkins can be decent in his 2nd year.

He's already gotten into an altercation with Sheldon Richardson last season and reportedly pissed off a lot of teammates at halftime during the Patsies blowout. Supposedly, his attitude after the Week 3 loss fractured the locker room and set the tone for the rest of the season.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 3m
3 minutes ago

He's already gotten into an altercation with Sheldon Richardson last season and reportedly pissed off a lot of teammates at halftime during the Patsies blowout. Supposedly, his attitude after the Week 3 loss fractured the locker room and set the tone for the rest of the season.

I'm not willing to put the blame on him for last season. They were terrible. Fitzpatrick fell apart, they had no QB play, and Revis completely fell off the proverbial cliff. Buster Skrine was an unmitigated disaster. It was just a bad team. When you lose, especially with New York expectations, it's not going to be pretty.

Just based on what I saw, he still has a lot left in the tank. I think that his effort level may have waned late in the season because they had nothing to play for, but I trust my eyes on this: I think the dude can still play. He'll be a really nice possession target for them and offer a big red zone presence, too. If they could come up with OJ Howard or Njoku at TE in the draft, they will have the makings of a great aerial crew. Of course, Eli needs to be better than he was last season, and he could be near the end of his rope pretty soon.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 3m
3 minutes ago

I'm not willing to put the blame on him for last season. They were terrible. Fitzpatrick fell apart, they had no QB play, and Revis completely fell off the proverbial cliff. Buster Skrine was an unmitigated disaster. It was just a bad team. When you lose, especially with New York expectations, it's not going to be pretty.

Just based on what I saw, he still has a lot left in the tank. I think that his effort level may have waned late in the season because they had nothing to play for, but I trust my eyes on this: I think the dude can still play. He'll be a really nice possession target for them and offer a big red zone presence, too. If they could come up with OJ Howard or Njoku at TE in the draft, they will have the makings of a great aerial crew. Of course, Eli needs to be better than he was last season, and he could be near the end of his rope pretty soon.

I'm not putting the entire blame on him for the season but he certainly helped accelerate the dysfunction in the locker room. That's the risk in bringing someone as volatile as Marshall into your locker room. And after the utter immaturity fail the Giants WR's had after their pre-game Miami trip, you've got a very combustible situation. On paper sure, it looks great. Eli's finally getting a tall big target possession WR. But there's a reason everywhere he's been has been more than happy to jettison him.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Jay Cut-ler. I hadn't really thought about the implications of Cutler as a free agent. I'm not excited about the idea of him in Houston, but you could sure see that happening.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jay Cut-ler. I hadn't really thought about the implications of Cutler as a free agent. I'm not excited about the idea of him in Houston, but you could sure see that happening.

I could see that. Of course, the Jets have to have interest, because they are the Jets lol.

What a wild day. So many things happening. Leary was a huge get for the Broncos. They might be able to steal Campbell away from the Jaguars, also. Romo obviously knows Leary well. Think that increased their chances substantially to get Romo. Bouye was a nice pickup for the Jags. Whitworth was a nice get for the Rams, although I'm not sure why they felt the need to get Robert Woods.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Colin Krapernick opts out. Leaving a lot of money on the table because only a moron would want to sign him.

What are the chances the 49ers were the last team to keep him on an NFL roster? I can't see many teams willing to take on a potential PR headache.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Colin Krapernick opts out. Leaving a lot of money on the table because only a moron would want to sign him.

What are the chances the 49ers were the last team to keep him on an NFL roster? I can't see many teams willing to take on a potential PR headache.

I mean, if Barry Bonds could be blackballed from baseball after posting a 1.045 OPS in his final year, it could certainly happen to Colin, too, who isn't even starter-worthy anymore.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Wow, what a day for the Jaguars...

Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 6m
6 minutes ago

After considering Denver, Calais Campbell is going to sign a 4-year, $60 million deal that includes $30M gtd with Jacksonville, per source.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Osweiler to Cleveland! Texans ship a 2nd and a 6th, and get back a 4th. Cleveland eats the contract.

As a Texans fan, I am pleased.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Osweiler to Cleveland! Texans ship a 2nd and a 6th, and get back a 4th. Cleveland eats the contract.

Paging Tony Romo!
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Damn - shipped his ass out Kobe Bryant->Andrew Bynum style LOL...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Ian Rapoport‏
Verified account
 @RapSheet 7m
7 minutes ago

More
From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Lets pause to give a moment of silence for Brock Osweiler's career as an NFL QB.........
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

At least the Rams got someone to protect Goff's back.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lets pause to give a moment of silence for Brock Osweiler's career as an NFL QB.........

I was never sold on Osweiler like others were. Just a taller version of AJ Feeley. Texans have to be in the drivers seat for Romo or at least Cutler.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
At least the Rams got someone to protect Goff's back.

For a year or two. Whitworth is a stud LT but he's getting there in age.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I was never sold on Osweiler like others were. Just a taller version of AJ Feeley. Texans have to be in the drivers seat for Romo or at least Cutler.

Cutler is TERRIBLE. My buddy (who's a lifelong Bears fan) did a backflip today.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 6m
6 minutes ago

After considering Denver, Calais Campbell is going to sign a 4-year, $60 million deal that includes $30M gtd with Jacksonville, per source.

They were free agency winners last year. Until they actually put something on the field, they'll still suck especially with a crappy QB like Bortles.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Still an upgrade over Osweiler. But that's only if Romo goes elsewhere.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Still an upgrade over Osweiler. But that's only if Romo goes elsewhere.

True
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Very disappointed with the Dolphins spending too much money to keep a one-dimensional speed threat and a backup DE.

Kevin Zeitler goes to the Browns for a big paycheck. In one fell swoop Andy Dalton lost his two only reliable linemen.

Jeffrey takes a show me 1 year deal with Eagles which I think is smart on both sides. And he's joined by Torrey Smith so Wentz will have some weapons.

Rams get Robert Woods and Whitworth. The latter will likely be more beneficial for Goff. Britt goes to the Browns so Goff will still need a big target WR.

Chargers add Okung. Okung used to be decent but is now a shell of his former self.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Brock was probably better off staying in Denver to take over after Manning retired. Being traded to the Browns he's better off retiring.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Adam Schefter‏
Verified account
 @AdamSchefter 6m
6 minutes ago

They were free agency winners last year. Until they actually put something on the field, they'll still suck especially with a crappy QB like Bortles.

They really have stockpiled a lot of talent on defense, there's no question about it. They now have Campbell on that D line to go along with their recent high draft picks, they have Ramsey in their secondary to go along with Bouye, and they basically swapped out Cyprien (signed with Titans) for former Dallas safety Barry Church. You know I love Myles Jack at linebacker for them (UCLA alum). If healthy, Branden Albert will be a huge upgrade at LT over what they've had (lookin' at you, Luke Joeckel, who laughably got $8MM from Seattle, a team that must be trolling the rest of the league in an effort to field the worst offensive line possible and say that they can still win). You're right that if Bortles still sucks, they will still be SOOL, but the more they build the team up, it's better if you're just 1 QB away. Who knows, maybe the Redskins will actually do the dumb thing and let Cousins play out his tenure for 1 season and won't trade him. That could put the Jags in position for him, or someone else, next season if Bortles fails again.

I really don't think they are that far away. Maybe Gus Bradley really was that bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 5 of 115
Jump to: