Player Weights, Body Fat %, and # of Workouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Deng better be down to 12% next season smh

$till owed $54000000 guaranteed... 20% then 25% the 30% on last year of contract
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Notes:
Zubac is our hardest worker in terms of workout sessions, but also the highest body fat, which is understandable given his body and age. His size is scary for his age, he may wind up Pekovic size in his prime.

I don't really want to see Zubac gaining any weight. I'd rather see him stay around 260 and gradually turn fat into muscle. Hopefully that way he could slightly improve his mobility while also getting stronger.

BTW super clutch post OP.

Last edited by dao on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Deng doesn't seem like the type to just mail it in after a big contract. There must be more to his health this season (or lack thereof) than we've heard in the media. But I guess it's encouraging that his poor play can be attributed to being in poor shape, of course depending on whether it's self-inflicted or due to injury?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Two thoughts:

One - it's weird to me how few workouts Deng has, he has never been the type to mail it in. I think there's something up with his health

Two - it's weird how big Zu is despite it seeming that he sometimes gets manhandled on the boards.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I was just joking about Deng. I hope he gets in better shape, not just for trade value but to contribute
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Great post, interesting stuff.

I recall hearing a comment from Mitch shortly after BI was drafted indicating his weight was closer to 185, not the 195 number BI was tossing out there. I remember thinking BI might have weighed himself right after a steak dinner, with thick jeans, a winter coat, work boots, plus car keys and a newly-fattened wallet in his pocket? I wouldn't be surprised if that 189.9 number for BI is actually a gain of a few pounds.

Nance and DLO workout numbers already look good, in spite of the down time for injuries.

Zubac - wow working fiend!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Two thoughts:

One - it's weird to me how few workouts Deng has, he has never been the type to mail it in. I think there's something up with his health

Two - it's weird how big Zu is despite it seeming that he sometimes gets manhandled on the boards.

Take enough fat off for Zu to match Moz/Black body fat and he'd probably weigh in closer to 250. I'm sure experience is a factor too, plus having muscle in the right places.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Ingram would have to gain about 30 pounds before being a viable option at PF. Doubt he will ever reach than mark..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Does Brandon have the kind of body type that can reliably put on weight? There's people who have naturally slight body frames and they just don't gain weight like other people do.

It's clear that that's Brandon.. He'll be lucky to put and keep 10lbs on before his physical prime. Hopefully when he hits those 'man years' he can transform to 210-215lbs

BUT WHAT'S GREAT, is that he's been working out a lottt. This is what I was hoping/expecting - our trainer is huge on strengthening the support structures(legs), to just maintain health. Makes sense that he looks more athletic at this point of the year. That's awesome.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
MJST wrote:

Notes:
Zubac is our hardest worker in terms of workout sessions, but also the highest body fat, which is understandable given his body and age. His size is scary for his age, he may wind up Pekovic size in his prime.

I don't really want to see Zubac gaining any weight. I'd rather see him stay around 260 and gradually turn fat into muscle. Hopefully that way he could slightly improve his mobility while also getting stronger.

BTW super clutch post OP.

That fat IS going to turn into muscle as his body matures. that's the point
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jesus, Zubac is huge. Obviously the BF% needs to come down, but 263 at 19 years old?

That skinny fat is deceptively heavy. You cut off the fat from the obliques, breadbasket, doughy chest and that's a ton of weight, especially considering it's coming off a guy that's 7'+.

The positive is it's easy as hell at his age. Likewise, he's giving us this level of production when he's got the physicality of a 40 year old World of Warcraft basement dweller. Actually seeing that # really has me pumped. This guy is TRULY just scratching the surface of his potential.

I need you as my personal trainer, JB. I gotta upgrade to the physicality of a 40 year old World of Warcraft basement dweller.

You mean like Bajheera?

Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Is Ingram losing weight?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesus Christ. Me and Brandon are the same weight and he's got 7 inches on me. And I'm neither muscular nor fat
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

JC's #'s are disappointing, given his reputation as a worker. But there may be things that go into this that we don't see.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Does Brandon have the kind of body type that can reliably put on weight? There's people who have naturally slight body frames and they just don't gain weight like other people do.

It's clear that that's Brandon.. He'll be lucky to put and keep 10lbs on before his physical prime. Hopefully when he hits those 'man years' he can transform to 210-215lbs

BUT WHAT'S GREAT, is that he's been working out a lottt. This is what I was hoping/expecting - our trainer is huge on strengthening the support structures(legs), to just maintain health. Makes sense that he looks more athletic at this point of the year. That's awesome.

Seeing him basically at the top here is encouraging. It's so hard to picture him with actual muscle.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

What about Russell being so high on that list.

There was a rumor/narrative a couple months ago that he didn't have a workout routine, and it pissed me off to the core.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

There was a rumor/narrative a couple months ago that he didn't have a workout routine, and it pissed me off to the core.

They say he was working out, but he didn't have an actual routine. He was just doing random workouts. It would be like the equivalent of spending a lot of time lifting weights, but without a plan or focus.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

They say he was working out, but he didn't have an actual routine. He was just doing random workouts. It would be like the equivalent of spending a lot of time lifting weights, but without a plan or focus.

I have to disagree here - when you step into a weightroom with a team trainer, he's laid out what you'll work on, and overseeing the workout -- that's at least the vibe I get with our trainer.
So, Russell got minimal benefit from his workouts - because he didn't workout at the same time every day? That's goofy surmising
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I have to disagree here - when you step into a weightroom with a team trainer, he's laid out what you'll work on, and overseeing the workout -- that's at least the vibe I get with our trainer.
So, Russell got minimal benefit from his workouts - because he didn't workout at the same time every day? That's goofy surmising

No, I assume they were talking about skill workouts. I just used the weight room as an analogy. They wanted Russell to get a routine to increase the benefits of the time he was spending in the gym. I'm not sure how much of the routine was pre-game vs workouts in general though.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No, I assume they were talking about skill workouts. I just used the weight room as an analogy. They wanted Russell to get a routine to increase the benefits of the time he was spending in the gym. I'm not sure how much of the routine was pre-game vs workouts in general though.

Ah.. yea.. He even said that getting a routine was reaping benefits for him..
I just think it's funny that we finally get numbers of how much he's been working/in the weight room, and it contradicts all of his narratives so hard.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Deng and Metta have the same body fat %.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Weights, Body Fat %, and # of Workouts

cmonkee wrote:
LINK

This should've been from right after the Lou Will trade (since he's not on there but Calderon still is)

Body Composition Tracker: lbs, BF%

Black: 257.4, 13.1%
    Calderon: 191.9, 8.9%
    Clarkson: 196.1, 11.8%
    Deng: 228, 14.9%
    Ingram: 189.9, 9.2%
    Mosgov: 258.4, 13.4%
    Nance: 235.7, 10.7%
    Randle: 256.3, 12%
    Robinson: 250, 5.3%
    Russell: 197.9, 12.4%
    World Peace: 254.5, 14.9%
    Young: 214.4, 13.6%
    Zubac: 263.8, 18.4%

Total Workout Sessions (since start of season?)

Zubac: 460
    Ingram: 434
    Robinson: 385
    Russell: 342
    Mosgov: 319
    Randle: 318
    Black: 312
    World Peace: 308
    Nance: 307
    Clarkson: 254
    Young: 144
    Deng: 116
    Ennis: 22
    Nwaba: 12
    Brewer: 4

Thoughts:

* Nice to see our rookies working out the most - Ingram is truly a gym rat
* Ingram doesn't seem to have put on any weight during the season
* Robinson works hard and is shredded (5.3%!)
* Zubac's got to shed some fat, but he's definitely putting in the work to do so
* Randle & Black are basically the same build. Didn't expect there to be a minimal weight difference between them and Mosgov
* Don't like the drop off in workouts starting with Clarkson (~50 workouts behind the middle of the pack with Mosgov/Randle/Black/MWP/Nance all grouped together).
* Young and Deng's # workouts is disappointing. Young's done half the work as the average player, and Deng's at the very bottom (ignoring the new acquisitions).
* Props to Russell being near the top in workouts

It seems lakers are patient and have a nice program to thir young players' physical readiness.

Clarkson started slow but emerged in the 2nd half of his rookie season.

Randle, after suffered the major injury in his 1st game, has completely transformed his body strength. It looks he is in very good condition and still can deliver nice performance late in the season.

Russell, they control his minutes and rested him after the injury. He is able to raise to another level late in the season too. They did the same to him last season.

Ingram's physical readiness seems a little bit ahead of many's expectation. He is gradually inserted into the starting lineup and play big minutes occasionally.

Zubac, he started slow and is controlled to play around 20 minutes.

We want our young players to show up quickly. But a slow start could prevent injury and is also good to their career too
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
tox wrote:
Deng better be down to 12% next season smh

$till owed $54000000 guaranteed... 20% then 25% the 30% on last year of contract

all those zeros made me blink twice
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
And what's with 5.3% BF? Is that even possible?

Oh yes it is. I am a real life time fitness/cardio/weights guy. Hence the name Freak of nature.

An example is when you see the major Mr.Universe contestants at contests, they are all in the range of 3 to 4 % body fat. Off-season in between contests most are at 6% and more.

I am surprised to see some of the body fats, higher than I would have guessed. Ingram really surprises me. You can see some softness, but I would have guessed 6/7%.

Another thing to take into account on overall actual weight is bone mass/density. Two guys can be the same height, look identical in musculature, and one can still be 10 pounds heavier on the scale.

Good thing about Ingram, he has a nice frame, and it will fill into a wiry muscle type physique in these next few years.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

Is 256 ideal for Randle? Dude is the second heaviest on the team and although BF% is normal, I wonder how it affects conditioning.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: