OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Let those 3 pointers FLY Larry
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Was happy to see him hitting threes last night, maybe that will increase his confidence.

It makes me VERY happy to see him and Randle both attempting more threes a game in rhythm.

Hopefully they start falling more for both, will obviously be something both work on in the off-season.

It's like they were reading my posts about how the Lakers needed their PF to start shooting 3s....

what is an acceptable % for them? I know they are not there now...but in a year or two. 33%? 35%?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Was happy to see him hitting threes last night, maybe that will increase his confidence.

It makes me VERY happy to see him and Randle both attempting more threes a game in rhythm.

Hopefully they start falling more for both, will obviously be something both work on in the off-season.

It's like they were reading my posts about how the Lakers needed their PF to start shooting 3s....

what is an acceptable % for them? I know they are not there now...but in a year or two. 33%? 35%?

This year, would be ecstatic if they took 2.5 3s a game, hit 30%.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Its not just about 3's. If he's wide open he should shoot. It sabotages the offense when a guy refuses to shoot a wide open 17 footer.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Loving the wide open threes that he and Julius are both shooting. Even if they go 3 for 10, I don't care. They should've been shooting those shots more earlier in the season, especially Larry.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I think this dude is over rated. I see a lot of love for him on here but I just don't see what they hype is all about. The guy cant shoot and he's kind of slow. Sure he might get a couple steals, offensive boards, and a highlight dunk but I wouldn't say hes a keeper.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
I think this dude is over rated. I see a lot of love for him on here but I just don't see what they hype is all about. The guy cant shoot and he's kind of slow. Sure he might get a couple steals, offensive boards, and a highlight dunk but I wouldn't say hes a keeper.

Since coming back from last knee injury he has not been the same, but Julius game at this point is a major problem, the space is so bad with him and he is a huge defensive liability. Deng is probably our best PF.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Loving the wide open threes that he and Julius are both shooting. Even if they go 3 for 10, I don't care. They should've been shooting those shots more earlier in the season, especially Larry.

March
larry- 43%
julius- 38%

what could have been smh
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Nance played 8 minutes. What the (bleep)
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Injury concern?

!...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Injury concern?
Maybe. Or a Crohn's flareup or something
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Good effort

Always a part of our close games
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Larry balled-out last night. Nice all-around game.

He's the type of guy that keeps everything flowing in the right direction.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

You have to appreciate the fact that he's playing through pain and managed to put together a pretty impactful performance. And even after his rough fall he still attacked the rim with aggression.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers may start Larry Nance before end of season
Quote:

At some point before the 2016-17 season ends on April 12 in Golden State, Lakers coach Luke Walton held out the possibility he would start Larry Nance Jr. in at least one of the 12 remaining games. Walton said the pairing could be with either Zubac or Randle, something Walton said he has “been happy with both of those combinations.”
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

At some point before the 2016-17 season ends on April 12 in Golden State, Lakers coach Luke Walton held out the possibility he would start Larry Nance Jr. in at least one of the 12 remaining games. Walton said the pairing could be with either Zubac or Randle, something Walton said he has “been happy with both of those combinations.”

I would really like to see a JC, Dlo, Ingram, Nance and Zu lineup together for a few games.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

He deserves a shot for a few games.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

If Luke has genuinely been happy with how the team looks with Randle and Nance I don't know what to say lol. Our defense is sooo bad with those two and we gain nothing offensively. It's a mind boggling move. Maybe he's looking to the future...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Quote:

If Luke has genuinely been happy with how the team looks with Randle and Nance I don't know what to say lol. Our defense is sooo bad with those two and we gain nothing offensively. It's a mind boggling move. Maybe he's looking to the future...

I think Randle is the problem here. He always have his arms down and always slack off defensively. He's more capable than Nance but he just don't have that defensive awareness. Nance is a good bench player and could be use as a stretch 4 when he gets comfortable with his jumpshot and always give his full effort.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. loving life as a Laker fan favorite

Quote:
Shortly after Ramon Sessions was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, a horde of fans recognized him and chased him through the hallways of his hotel. Vander Blue, who only played two games for the Lakers during the 2014-15 season, laughs when he recalls being stopped by TMZ during that stint with L.A.

Most players who have donned that purple and gold jersey will tell you that it’s a unique experience. When you’re a Laker, you get a ton of exposure and you’re treated like a celebrity.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/03/20/larry-nance-jr-loving-life-as-a-laker-fan-favorite/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakers power forward Larry Nance Jr. wants to remain with the organization on a long-term basis,
Quote:
Nance is still on his rookie contract and will make $1,471,382 next season. The club will have to decide whether to make him a qualifying offer in the summer of 2018. “We’re on the up-and-up as a team and we’ve got a bright future,” Nance said. “And would I love to be a part of that future? Man, I’d love nothing more than that.”

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/03/western-rumors-bjelica-watson-crawford-nance-jr.html
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

I want to see Nance Jr moved to the staring line-up alongside Russell, Clarkson, Ingram and Randle. Zubac hasn't played bad or anything I just want to see Randle and Nance Jr start a few games together to see how it works.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

No way Nance should start, he is way too tentative with scoring, 9 times out of 10, when he gets the ball he takes two dribbles and passes it, defenders can slack off him and double team our scorers.

He needs to get his confidence up, maybe 1000 3-pointers a day would help(?)

Otherwise, I think he has sort of leveled out and he is no longer progressing..
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
No way Nance should start, he is way too tentative with scoring, 9 times out of 10, when he gets the ball he takes two dribbles and passes it, defenders can slack off him and double team our scorers.

It is not always about individual talent, he is a better help defender than Julius and since our guards aren't proficient defenders and Zu lacks mobility to cover them it may be a good move. Why not at least give it a 5 games try?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

It is not always about individual talent, he is a better help defender than Julius and since our guards aren't proficient defenders and Zu lacks mobility to cover them it may be a good move. Why not at least give it a 5 games try?

Just FYI:

Clarkson/ Russell/ Ingram/ Randle/ Nance give up ~126 points per 100 possessions, which is would be the worst in NBA history by a mile. It's not actually any better with Zubac though.

If anything, replacing Randle with Nance would be intriguing to me, but for whatever reason it seems that won't happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 169 of 221
Jump to: