How pathetic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Next season

"we need to tank for one more pick"

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
tony wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tony wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:
You would think that even if we're tanking we'd put up some sort of a fight and not get embarrassed every night. The effort in all of our players is horrendous and the body language shows that.

Uh, isn't the whole point of tanking is to not to put out optimal lineups? What happens to crappy lineups? They get blown off the floor. This idea of "Lose on purpose but not in a way that is embarrassing" is dumb and selfish. You can't have it both ways. You want that pick? The team has to be bad. Very, very, very bad.
I think it's more so that they show no effort at all and as a fan its just very hard to watch it

If you came to work and your boss made sure you knew he was going to ensure that everything you did would fail, how long before you ease up on the throttle?
as an athlete and competitor (especially ones getting paid millions) there's no excuse for not showing up and giving some type of effort. the only person that gives any type of effort is MWP and he sucks ass

Athletes are humans too

Athletes aren't just mindless drones who run around the court and toss a ball through the hoop

True, but there is a such thing as personal pride. Not saying it's true, but even if a players FO/coaches fostered a losing atmosphere, no one can dictate to player how much effort you give. That's personal accountability. I'm not down on Dlo, or anyone else. But, when you have a bad game, YOU have a bad game. Period. Man up, and come back harder. That gains respect. Play your hardest through the b.s.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

To get out of the tanking circle that we're in we should just trade our 2018 first round pick or I can totally see us be doing that again next year.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

sonic the laker wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
tony wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tony wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:
You would think that even if we're tanking we'd put up some sort of a fight and not get embarrassed every night. The effort in all of our players is horrendous and the body language shows that.

Uh, isn't the whole point of tanking is to not to put out optimal lineups? What happens to crappy lineups? They get blown off the floor. This idea of "Lose on purpose but not in a way that is embarrassing" is dumb and selfish. You can't have it both ways. You want that pick? The team has to be bad. Very, very, very bad.
I think it's more so that they show no effort at all and as a fan its just very hard to watch it

If you came to work and your boss made sure you knew he was going to ensure that everything you did would fail, how long before you ease up on the throttle?
as an athlete and competitor (especially ones getting paid millions) there's no excuse for not showing up and giving some type of effort. the only person that gives any type of effort is MWP and he sucks ass

Athletes are humans too

Athletes aren't just mindless drones who run around the court and toss a ball through the hoop

True, but there is a such thing as personal pride. Not saying it's true, but even if a players FO/coaches fostered a losing atmosphere, no one can dictate to player how much effort you give. That's personal accountability. I'm not down on Dlo, or anyone else. But, when you have a bad game, YOU have a bad game. Period. Man up, and come back harder. That gains respect. Play your hardest through the b.s.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the same type of logic that got Byron fired
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
tony wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tony wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:

Athletes are humans too

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the same type of logic that got Byron fired

What got Byron fired was that he was never truly considered as a long term coach, for the Lakers. Honestly, he was there to keep Kobe company, and the old guard Lakers silent about the sad state of the team. He was just a placeholder, unless he proved otherwise.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

No offense, but that's a really dumb attempt at a tag line.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
No offense, but that's a really dumb attempt at a tag line.

TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

tony wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
tony wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tony wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:

Athletes are humans too

and which humans like to be embarrassed in front of a national audience every night?

They may not like it but its the same ones that are being asked to start alongside a guy who should be in the D league or selling churros on the corner.

They are asking them to go to a gun fight with bats..... who would want to do that....... maybe you give it the college try for the first 15 minutes but at some point your mid section is swiss cheese and you say (bleep) it

Thee Jason in LA
Slappy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

TheeLakeshow wrote:
tony wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
tony wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tony wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:

Athletes are humans too

and which humans like to be embarrassed in front of a national audience every night?

They may not like it but its the same ones that are being asked to start alongside a guy who should be in the D league or selling churros on the corner.

They are asking them to go to a gun fight with bats..... who would want to do that....... maybe you give it the college try for the first 15 minutes but at some point your mid section is swiss cheese and you say (bleep) it

Enough with these lame excuses. For how lame your apology, the souls that you are making the rather lame apology for are earning millions of dollars per season. I tend to think that such dollars are reason enough to give it your all. And on that note, for the other soul, please, never again compare this to the rest of us who aren't earning millions. You don't fail to give it your all when faced with the opportunity to continue residing among the 1% crowd. And unlike most of the rest of us, everything they do is open for public viewing. So they can be set up to fail, give it their all, some will take notice, and then they'll be earning that much more. If they can't see that, then ship those losers out.

Now to round it out, do you think that Nwaba and Ennis failed to give it their all? And so you've an entirely warped morality. I don't care how bad that you or anyone else now living believes Nwaba (and Ennis) to be, since if they are giving their all, no matter their talent, then you owe nothing less than giving your all, no matter your talent. If they are unwilling to do that, then ship those losers out.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
To get out of the tanking circle that we're in we should just trade our 2018 first round pick or I can totally see us be doing that again next year.

I really really hope that will happen during summer. And actually if you ask me we have to pack this summer pick with that next year + some from the group ( Randle, Clarkson,DLO) for some star player. And finally stop with this (bleep) called tanking.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

tony wrote:

2nd night of back to back in high altitude Denver with our young guys playing a lot of mins vs Philly besides Zubac. This had a blowout written all over it to begin with, the line up change pretty much guaranteed it.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc

Last edited by Andre2K on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:
Next season

There's no more tanking next season. We will either have a pick or we don't. There's no such thing as "losing more games will lead to a higher chance of keeping the pick."

I was with you in mid December buddy
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:
Next season

There's no more tanking next season. We will either have a pick or we don't. There's no such thing as "losing more games will lead to a higher chance of keeping the pick."

The problem is this has been said for the last few years. Both of the last two picks were thought to be impossible to keep so there was no reason to tank. Sure enough, they were awful enough to keep the pick both times. Now they are about to keep their third unlikely pick in a row and what are the signs that they will suddenly flip a switch next year?

This team is used to losing and after trading Lou, they really don't have any guys they can count of to singlehandedly get the team on track in a bad game. When things aren't coming easy, these guys just fold.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: How pathetic.

City_Dawg wrote:
tony wrote:

And you kill the confidence and intangibles of all the promising youth you drafted. You really think this kind of losing long term is good for development? If we don't sniff th e playoffs next year, it is time to blow this thing up imo. Bad habits and getting used to losing will have set in too much imo.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:
Next season

The problem is this has been said for the last few years. Both of the last two picks were thought to be impossible to keep so there was no reason to tank. Sure enough, they were awful enough to keep the pick both times. Now they are about to keep their third unlikely pick in a row and what are the signs that they will suddenly flip a switch next year?

This team is used to losing and after trading Lou, they really don't have any guys they can count of to singlehandedly get the team on track in a bad game. When things aren't coming easy, these guys just fold.

Exactly!!!
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

I've been saying it. We are following these models: Oklahoma City, Golden State, even San Antonio.

San Antonio has been good for what 17 years straight now?

Oklahoma had two bad seasons to get Westbrook and Durant.

Same with Golden State, they really only had two abysmal seasons to draft Curry and Klay.

If we don't have a resurgent year next year, this franchise is in trouble for a long time imo.

These teams drafted and got better quickly after. None have lost as muh as us over a four year span.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

If we keep our pick this year it actually will be impossible to keep it next year though, is the difference.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Very disappointing to watch this team give such dreadful performances last few games! I just don't get it, as one poster said I hope this internal tanking doesn't affect their future efforts when really trying to make playoffs & beyond?

One would think each player would give 100% to be a part of a winning team after this year, but when I see Dlo's play he just seems like the Kobe season hasn't worn off or is bitter with being in LA?

IMO, he's playing himself off this team & doing a good job at it. Unless Magic or Luke can convince him otherwise he's a goner in 2018? His heart, energy & interest is baffling to me? I really wanted this kid from Ohio St. & I hope he see's the light cause I don't wanna trade for a Paul George if we can get him for free in free agency...
HC: Riley
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Next season

Been that way for the last 3 seasons.
Losing is an addiction
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
If we keep our pick this year it actually will be impossible to keep it next year though, is the difference.

Haha really? I guess you weren't here when everyone thought the tank was finished when we drafted Russell then during the last draft people were saying how we can finally start to win games.

In other words you guys just love overhyping our players when we pick them even though they need time to learn the game.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Haha really? I guess you weren't here when everyone thought the tank was finished when we drafted Russell then during the last draft people were saying how we can finally start to win games.

In other words you guys just love overhyping our players when we pick them even though they need time to learn the game.

Future Traded Pick Details

Quote:

2017 first round draft pick to Philadelphia
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Quote:

L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

Yeah, but my post was more about expectations, we can't keep relying on young players every year, will they turn into good players? Sure but it will take time... that's why we need to temper expectations with draft picks unless it is absolutely certain that player can help a team out in his 1st year.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, but my post was more about expectations, we can't keep relying on young players every year, will they turn into good players? Sure but it will take time... that's why we need to temper expectations with draft picks unless it is absolutely certain that player can help a team out in his 1st year.

Then you shouldn't have quoted a post that specified what happens to the 2018 first round pick if the 2017 first round pick is kept by the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: