Best wishes for Vic the Brick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Bend but don't break, Vic.

Best wishes
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
K2 wrote:
To borrow his favorite phrase, may you be the bamboo that bends but never breaks. From the first time I showed up at KIIS for an internship and to all the countless remotes, he's always been so gracious with his time and sagely advice. Get well soon, Vic.

I've heard that too, that he's a really nice man. He's obviously eccentric, but it's who he is. I always liked his passion for what he did. (It's the same reason I like Dick Vitale, even though I recognize the reason that some people might not.) If you're a nice person and you're genuine, that goes a long way with me.

He's absolutely a great guy, fun to hang out with and talk to. This is now my second friend dealing with colon cancer, the other being Jeff Zilgitt. (I'm not revealing any secrets here about Jeff -- he's come out publicly about it.)

Best wishes also for Mr. Zilgitt. Was not aware of that. And I'm sorry that you have to go through this, on a personal level, with 2 friends.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
K2 wrote:
To borrow his favorite phrase, may you be the bamboo that bends but never breaks. From the first time I showed up at KIIS for an internship and to all the countless remotes, he's always been so gracious with his time and sagely advice. Get well soon, Vic.

I've heard that too, that he's a really nice man. He's obviously eccentric, but it's who he is. I always liked his passion for what he did. (It's the same reason I like Dick Vitale, even though I recognize the reason that some people might not.) If you're a nice person and you're genuine, that goes a long way with me.

He's absolutely a great guy, fun to hang out with and talk to. This is now my second friend dealing with colon cancer, the other being Jeff Zilgitt. (I'm not revealing any secrets here about Jeff -- he's come out publicly about it.)

Best wishes also for Mr. Zilgitt. Was not aware of that. And I'm sorry that you have to go through this, on a personal level, with 2 friends.

I concur. speedy recovery for VTB and Zilgitt.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

This is bull (bleep). Don't give up Vic.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
I love VTB. Such an awesome person. Prayers to him and family. God Bless.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

FEELIN' YOU, VTB, and praying 4 you!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

5-year survival rate for patients diagnosed at Stage III is 70%. I like those odds...Hopefully, he can beat it, and hopefully we don't see it metastasize.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Sad to hear but wish Vic all the luck in the world!!

Feeeeeelin' You!!!
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Feelin U Vic!!!

Get better!!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

prayers to VTB...
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

He had full Laker access during the Kobe/Shaq run. There would be a crowd of reporters, all the big sports media giants, and the guy with the mic getting the exclusive was wearing a mink hat and a poncho. Good times.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
5-year survival rate for patients diagnosed at Stage III is 70%. I like those odds...Hopefully, he can beat it, and hopefully we don't see it metastasize.

My dad was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer 2 years ago. Hardest part is now (finding out) and the chemo. Unfortunately for Vic since he is stage III he has to go through it. Stage 1 and I think Stage 2A you don't have to. Quick surgery, 12 chemo sessions...2x a month for 6months. The effects take a few months to wear off. Chemo is tough for everyone and I wish Vic and his family all the best. Just the other day my dad went for another CT scan..all clear. Honestly it was a tough year for him, but he rebounded nicely. We don't even think about it anymore. Hopefully a year from now Vic is laughing too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: