Todd Marinovich busted, again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Todd Marinovich busted, again

Quote:
Former USC and Los Angeles Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich, who has been bedeviled with drug problems, today pleaded not guilty to felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from an arrest Sunday in Newport Beach.

Police said they observed Marinovich, 38, skateboarding with a guitar case in hand about 1:15 a.m. Sunday near the Newport Pier boardwalk. Skateboarding is not allowed on the boardwalk, and Marinovich fled to a nearby home's carport.

When police found Marinovich there, they searched him and discovered a small amount of methamphetamine, a metal spoon and a hypodermic needle, said Newport Beach Police Sgt. Evan Sailor.

Complete Story
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Man, it's just sad.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Is his nickname 'Butchie'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Man, it's just sad.

I think it's beyond the point of being sad. He has had so many chances, but he just doesn't want to change. At this point you just shake your head in pity.
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Is his nickname 'Butchie'?
it's marijuanovic
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject:

"All I need is a board, a guitar, some tasty meth and I'm fine."
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject:

He and Cole Ford otta do lunch....
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

What a waste of a huge amount of natural ability.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:

Place a good amount of blame on his Dad.... His Dad went a little overboard on trying to make his kid a 'Pro-QB'...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

He sure wasted his life. At least he hasn't killed anybody DUI....yet.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/todd-marinovich-pleads-guilty-to-drug-charges-and-naked-trespassing/

Quote:
Todd Marinovich pleads guilty to drug charges and naked trespassing

Former Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich pleaded guilty to a collection of misdemeanor charges, after his latest drug-related arrest found him naked in a stranger’s backyard.

According to Kelly Puente of the Orange County Register, Marinovich pleaded guilty to five counts including misdemeanor public nudity, drug and trespassing charges.

He was sentenced to serve 90 days in jail, but that was suspended pending the completion of a six-month stint in a rehab facility and three years of probation.

He was arrested last August after police got calls about a naked man hiking, and he was found in a residential yard with a bag containing methamphetamine, marijuana, syringes, a marijuana pipe and his wallet.

His lawyer said he decided to check into the rehab facility after the arrest, and has continued to test clean since the arrest last summer.

Marinovich’s NFL career came unraveled because of his drug issues, which he has continued to battle.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Amazing bump of a thread from 10 years ago. Nice to see familiar names again. I love reminiscing about OG LG days.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Naked trespassing? He should have just identified as a dog.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Place a good amount of blame on his Dad.... His Dad went a little overboard on trying to make his kid a 'Pro-QB'...

I'd hate to see the same thing happen to the Ball brothers. Lavar Ball is pushing his sons. LiAngelo, LaMelo and Lonzo, hard

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
TACH wrote:

I'd hate to see the same thing happen to the Ball brothers. Lavar Ball is pushing his sons. LiAngelo, LaMelo and Lonzo, hard

I don't see the same thing....
Todd used college to escape from his dad....thats how he dabbled into drugs.
Lonzo looks like he is still pretty close to his dad. Maybe someday he will lose it and cut his dad off......but from what I've seen and hear it doesn't seem like that will happen.
What I hope will happen is that he is only hyping his kids so people will pay attention to them and eventually fade into the background once his kids encounter more success.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TACH wrote:

I don't see the same thing....
Todd used college to escape from his dad....thats how he dabbled into drugs.
Lonzo looks like he is still pretty close to his dad. Maybe someday he will lose it and cut his dad off......but from what I've seen and hear it doesn't seem like that will happen.
What I hope will happen is that he is only hyping his kids so people will pay attention to them and eventually fade into the background once his kids encounter more success.

I see a Earl Woods connection. I also see a Richard Williams like father. Little is given to Richard Williams net worth of around 20 million. You don't hear much from him anymore. He's doing OK. Has a baby boy with his new wife.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-raiders-qb-todd-marinovich-making-comeback-at-48/ar-BBE0hZd?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
Ex-Raiders QB Todd Marinovich making comeback at 48

Quarterback Todd Marinovich of the Los Angeles Raiders looks to pass the ball during a game against the New York Giants at the Los Angeles Memorial Stadium in os Angeles…
Former Los Angeles Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich is returning to play football at the age of 48.

Marinovich played his college ball at the University of Southern California before he was drafted in the first round of the 1991 NFL draft by the Raiders.

He was a product of an abusive household who trained him to become an NFL quarterback since the day he was born. Unfortunately, the immense pressure seemed to finally catch up to him as he turned to drug use.

During his last year at USC, he was arrested for cocaine possession, yet still decided to enter the draft.

Once he got to the league, he played in a few games, but his drug addiction took over his life and pushed him of the NFL rather quickly.

Now, Marinovich believes he has actually recovered from his addiction after he was arrested last year walking naked around someone's backyard. He has tried to rehabilitate himself before, but he believes he finally made a lifestyle change that will keep him sober.

With his personal life in better standing, he can focus on his return to the game of football. Marinovich is set to be a part of the SoCal Coyotes, a developmental football team, who have their first practice on Aug. 10.

Hopefully, Marinovich has actually recovered from his addiction and can begin to show what kind of player he could have been if drugs didn't force his life to go sideways.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: