HOU's Patrick Beverley throwing disses at DLO & Lakers Fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
DLO is a nothing player compare to who (Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lıllard, Kyrie, Wall,Lowry etc.) Beverley should lock up.

Interesting how Bev doesn't go on social media rants against these guys.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I see a vet expecting a young guy to come into a game with something to prove. To play with passion and intensity.

Then the vet sees him crawl off with a whimper. Why should he respect him?

Russell is getting called out but lets be honest, Lakers overall have adopted this identity for the last couple years. Minimal defensive effort, no passion for battling every night and accepting 40 point quarters and embarrassing blowout losses all too often.

Tanking can be achieved by playing your heart out and losing by 10pts. Not showing up and being frequently down by 20 at halftime. Especially by a young team looking for leadership is not a good look for the franchise.

Why is he only going at DLO? We lost by nearly 40 points. Everyone sucks.

I'll take a shot at the answer; the context being Beverly having once been a draft pick of ours and our last three top draft choices.

Beverly won't f with Julius because he knows he'll get a greeting, then a beating.

Brandon, as the no.2 pick is too young & skinny, and Beverly knows he would be perceived as a bully.

Who does that leave us with? D'Angelo. The No.2 pick in his draft. The self-proclaimed "ice in my veins" kid. The kid- whom I personally think won't have the year most folks are expecting until his fourth year- is the perfect target.
He's the ex No.2 pick in his draft, he's had an up and down year, and this was as down as it got, and he's still learning how to just play hard, which I think Beverly was really questioning.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I see a vet expecting a young guy to come into a game with something to prove. To play with passion and intensity.

Russell is getting called out but lets be honest, Lakers overall have adopted this identity for the last couple years. Minimal defensive effort, no passion for battling every night and accepting 40 point quarters and embarrassing blowout losses all too often.

Tanking can be achieved by playing your heart out and losing by 10pts. Not showing up and being frequently down by 20 at halftime. Especially by a young team looking for leadership is not a good look for the franchise.

I'll take a shot at the answer; the context being Beverly having once been a draft pick of ours and our last three top draft choices.

Beverly won't f with Julius because he knows he'll get a greeting, then a beating.

Brandon, as the no.2 pick is too young & skinny, and Beverly knows he would be perceived as a bully.

Who does that leave us with? D'Angelo. The No.2 pick in his draft. The self-proclaimed "ice in my veins" kid. The kid- whom I personally think won't have the year most folks are expecting until his fourth year- is the perfect target.
He's the ex No.2 pick in his draft, he's had an up and down year, and this was as down as it got, and he's still learning how to just play hard, which I think Beverly was really questioning.

So pick on the kid while he's down. Gotcha. Meanwhile no yapping at the actual great NBA PGs like Curry/WB. What a champ !
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

People still upset about this? Wait till you hear what someone called your kid in school today (or maybe even what your kid called someone else)...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
People still upset about this? Wait till you hear what someone called your kid in school today (or maybe even what your kid called someone else)...

Nah. It's strange that some Lakers fans are almost applauding him for this.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
He's a dirty player. His game revolves around bush league tactics.

Lol stop it. The best defenders play aggressive, get under your skin defense. Patrick Beverly's defense is no different from Ron Artests, Tony Allen, Bruce Bowen, Draymond Green etc. I would kill for any one of our players to play defense the way Beverly does.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Lol stop it. The best defenders play aggressive, get under your skin defense. Patrick Beverly's defense is no different from Ron Artests, Tony Allen, Bruce Bowen, Draymond Green etc. I would kill for any one of our players to play defense the way Beverly does.

Yeah. Would love to have him on our team as a defender.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Nah. It's strange that some Lakers fans are almost applauding him for this.

I hear you... I can see DLO developing a very strong smack talking game someday, if he doesn't already have one... Just watch how he responds to Lakers reporters...

I guess we're just lucky Bev didn't take out his knee like he did Westbrook's a few years back...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So pick on the kid while he's down. Gotcha. Meanwhile no yapping at the actual great NBA PGs like Curry/WB. What a champ !

Nobody said Beverly had class.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

It's a man's league. Until he can fight back on the court, I am sure there is more of this to come. Hopefully it will motivate DLO!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

There's aggressive like Ron Artest, and then there's bush league. His tactics revolve more on the latter.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

Hes still butt hurt from getting traded by the Lakers.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

There's aggressive like Ron Artest, and then there's bush league. His tactics revolve more on the latter.

Disagree completely. I have watched every Rockets game this year and IMHO Bev is there most impactful player...Never does he play dirty, just plays very hard and serious all the time.

There are actually some great Advanced stats numbers on BEV that GoldenThroat shared in another thread.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

There was a lot of talk going both ways during the game. I'm not sure what was said or who the instigator was.

Total guess here but I guess it was a combination of the Rockets (and specifically Beverley) remembering D'Angelo dancing all over them on opening night and D'Angelo's frustrations about having a bad game.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
is he lying?

You don't think it's a bit pathetic that a grown man like Beverly is taking it to a 21 year old kid as if he's won a NBA championship?

Maybe he's not aware that it's a sizable compliment to DLo that he kept Russ from scoring.

Bugged the S outta me while it was happening but now he's putting some fuel in that off season fire.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
is he lying?

You don't think it's a bit pathetic that a grown man like Beverly is taking it to a 21 year old kid as if he's won a NBA championship?

I don't find it pathetic at all. trash talking goes on all the time in basketball because this is a competitive sport and everybody's not the same age. older players are talking trash to younger players all the time and vice versa.

Last edited by Outspoken on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HOU's Patrick Beverley throwing disses at DLO & Lakers Fans

Patrick Beverley wrote:
Quote:
@patbev21

Don't talk about the assist. Talk about how I locked him up tonight!!!!

Quote:
@NBA

The sweet behind the back pass from D'Angelo gets the #AssistOfTheNight!

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/842253268487143424

Quote:
@patbev21

Not tonight!!!! 🔒🔒🔒🔒 locked up in your VEINS!!!

Quote:
@BradLund24

Ice in our veins ❄️❄️❄️@Dloading

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/842254749550419968

All I gotta say
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Palin wrote:
DLO is a nothing player compare to who (Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lıllard, Kyrie, Wall,Lowry etc.) Beverley should lock up.

Interesting how Bev doesn't go on social media rants against these guys.

bev probably doesn't respect DLO. DLO has to earn that respect; like the named players.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Exactly.

Our current guys don't want to do the dirty work. For a young team, we are alarmingly soft.
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
is he lying?

No. It's just sports silliness. I don't see the big deal nor do I feel "dissed" lol
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I wish we played Houston again before the season ends. Russell's gotta learn how hard these guys go every night. Guys like Beverly and Matt Barnes have fought their way into the league by scrapping every single minute, every single night. Russell needs to learn about the whole "living in the moment" thing, nobody cares what you did before or will do. What are you doing right now?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

This is your fault for using Twitter.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

What type of joy could you possibly get by talking trash to a player on the 2nd worst team in the league???
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
rwongega wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Disagree completely. I have watched every Rockets game this year and IMHO Bev is there most impactful player...Never does he play dirty, just plays very hard and serious all the time.

There are actually some great Advanced stats numbers on BEV that GoldenThroat shared in another thread.

Then you should probably watch what his earlier games including those against Westbrook.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
rwongega wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Then you should probably watch what his earlier games including those against Westbrook.

Yes ive seen the play vs westbrook...just two competitors going at it unfortunate injury.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: