THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Ladies and gentlemen, our Head of State at official photo op with Angela Merkel at White House:

Awkward video at link.

Quote:
David Mack‏Verified @davidmackau

Photographers: Can we get a handshake?
Merkel (to Trump): Do you want to have a handshake?
Trump: *no response*
Merkel: *makes awkward face*

After refusing to shake her hand, Trump pretends there's nothing weird going on.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
That's correct. My point isn't about Trump, it is about pursuing a potentially antiquated policy on how to project naval power. Improved stealth technology on submarines and vastly improved sea skimming, anti-ship missiles are serious dangers to the way the US Navy currently projects its military power. That doesn't include the inability of the carriers to operate in Persian Gulf, which coupled with the limited range of the F-35, means that sorties will be of shorter duration.

The US military is in love with big, expensive weapons systems, which benefit both the huge defense contractors and retired military officers who use their influence to sell those systems. In turn, if you're a military officer in the Pentagon, it is in your self-interest to promote those systems as well, as it paves a lucrative career when you retire from active duty.

However that doesn't excuse the Trump or future administrations from questioning the arms build-up, in terms of tackling our current and long-term interests. Are those expenditures justifiable, are they based on decisions that are antiquated in light of changing goals, emerging threats and technologies? I sincerely doubt his team has tackled the most fundamental issues.

Yep. Are we seeing Billy Mitchell 2.0, only with aircraft carriers instead of battleships?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, our Head of State at official photo op with Angela Merkel at White House:

Awkward video at link.

Quote:

After refusing to shake her hand, Trump pretends there's nothing weird going on.

That's in the running with W giving her a back rub and then running for the door

Damn ... Merkel has been around a while as head of state...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

The President of the United States refused to shake the hand of HIS GUEST AT THE WHITE HOUSE who is the CHANCELLOR/HEAD OF STATE of our FRIEND AND ALLY.

So disgusting on so many levels. Rude, arrogant, ignorant, sexist, low-class, insulting, embarrassing. He is the lowest of the low.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The President of the United States refused to shake the hand of HIS GUEST AT THE WHITE HOUSE who is the CHANCELLOR/HEAD OF STATE of our FRIEND AND ALLY.

So disgusting on so many levels. Rude, arrogant, ignorant, sexist, low-class, insulting, embarrassing. He is the lowest of the low.

His answer to the German reporters question "I'm not an isolationist I'm a trader, I'm a trader, I'm a trader"

I need that on an audio loop....#Traitor.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

His answer to the German reporters question "I'm not an isolationist I'm a trader, I'm a trader, I'm a trader"

I need that on an audio loop....#Traitor.

"I'm not an isolationist I'm a traitor, I'm a traitor, I'm a traitor"

Link to loop

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trump’s head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didn’t immediately comment.

I don't think the White House bothered to vet any of the nominees.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trump’s head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didn’t immediately comment.

Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Can you imagine Bannon Kislyak and Trump planning this?

He only like women who know their sensual power
If they display and have power on the level of a man
Trump goes into delusional chauvinist fantasy mode

I can't watch it.. my system doesn't need anything to fear them even more

They want war because they know it galvanizes certain parts
of the country and they will lose their minds and hearts and hold
up bibles and pitchforks because they've been taught they are
doing the law of their imagination.

Our whole educational system must be revamped to
create CONSCIOUS human citizens

I'm sorry I didn't do more...

@ read somewhere that Trump told homeland security
to only target Muslims for domestic terrorism and to
leave the Aryan groups alone............
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
trmiv wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/rex-tillerson-military-action-north-korea-option-table/story?id=46196141

Rattle those sabers! Pump up that military budget and get ready for Trumps Great War!

It will be interesting to see how North Korea reacts. Trump and Tillerson are increasing the pressure, but as Trump's tweet indicates, the real target may be China.

Yep, two lunatics going at it. Should end well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.

That's probable why he was fired. Trump wants Charlie McCarthy's.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Awkward video at link.

Quote:

He certainly isn't doing anything to live down the sexism accusations
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
the association wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

The government doesnt need to be involved in the everyday lives of people.

So you don't drive, right?

Or drink water. Or use electricity. Or use telephones. Or use the internet. Or use the police, fire department, DMV, airplanes, fresh produce, etc., etc.

It's not just an ideological bubble, you see ... ?

It's also a cognitive bubble. Check that ... it's actually just a real bubble. When you dwell in this bubble, who needs public infrastructure and services ... ?

You guys got me!! I admit it was a poor choice of words. What i was trying to communicate is that they dont need to be involved in every single aspect of everything. Obviously the job of the governments job is to protect and ensure the well being of its people.

I understood what you meant from the get go. It takes a special kind of ability to read between the lines and not over exaggerate.

"I want less government in my life"

"durrr. okay durr so, you don't like want to eat or speak freely?...durrr!

Fret not, I suspect nobody expected you to understand the issue anyway ... since there's not a lot of bootstrapping going on here, I'll spell it out for you: this individual made a clumsy effort to sidestep dollars (the public infrastructure that s/he has relied on since the womb, just like nearly all of us) to grasp at dimes (the "government spending" that rounding errors like Mick Mulvaney dismiss as a "waste of your money") ... others, myself included, highlighted the essential fallacy in the effort.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

Video at Link

Quote:
Steve Kopack‏Verified account @SteveKopack

Trump: "Major meeting" tonight at Mar-a-Lago to "talk all about the VA"

*turns to VA Sec.*

Will you be there?

*awkwardly shakes head no*

Another trip to play golf and promote his private club while pretending it's to have a major meeting about vets. #SlimeBall
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

PRE-text for False Flag actions?
Secret Service laptop containing Trump Tower evacuation and floor plans stolen

Agent left the stuff in her car in her driveway?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Video at Link

Quote:
Steve Kopack‏Verified account @SteveKopack

Trump: "Major meeting" tonight at Mar-a-Lago to "talk all about the VA"

*turns to VA Sec.*

Will you be there?

*awkwardly shakes head no*

Another trip to play golf and promote his private club while pretending it's to have a major meeting about vets. #SlimeBall

Quote:
In reality, it has been funded largely by other people. Tax records show the Trump Foundation has received $5.5 million from Trump over its life, and nothing since 2008. It received $9.3 million from other people.

Another unusual feature: One of the foundation’s most consistent causes was Trump himself.

New findings, for instance, show that the Trump Foundation’s largest-ever gift — $264,631 — was used to renovate a fountain outside the windows of Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-boasts-of-his-philanthropy-but-his-giving-falls-short-of-his-words/2016/10/29/b3c03106-9ac7-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Fret not, I suspect nobody expected you to understand the issue anyway ... since there's not a lot of bootstrapping going on here, I'll spell it out for you: this individual made a clumsy effort to sidestep dollars (the public infrastructure that s/he has relied on since the womb, just like nearly all of us) to grasp at dimes (the "government spending" that rounding errors like Mick Mulvaney dismiss as a "waste of your money") ... others, myself included, highlighted the essential fallacy in the effort.

I'm sure that LGL was just trying to evoke a reaction (and succeeded), but don't be so fast to dismiss the underlying viewpoint. Even those of us who are fiscally conservative agree that we need the government to do certain things, and all but the most lunatic fringe libertarians agree that government has a legitimate role in society. The extent of that role is open to honest debate (to the extent that such a thing exists in these times). Just because the government provides roads and police/fire protection does not mean that the federal government needs to pay for school lunches (just to pick an example). Maybe we will decide that we want the federal government to pay for school lunches, but there is a legitimate, defensible position that this is not a proper function of the federal government.

The inevitable response is something inflammatory like "You want kids to go hungry!" From the other side of the political fence, the parallel comments are "You don't care about terrorism!" or "You don't support our soldiers!" The truth is that we care about all of those things, but we still need to pay for them. If the public is not willing to pay the taxes, then we can't afford it.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
the association wrote:

I'm sure that LGL was just trying to evoke a reaction (and succeeded), but don't be so fast to dismiss the underlying viewpoint. Even those of us who are fiscally conservative agree that we need the government to do certain things, and all but the most lunatic fringe libertarians agree that government has a legitimate role in society. The extent of that role is open to honest debate (to the extent that such a thing exists in these times). Just because the government provides roads and police/fire protection does not mean that the federal government needs to pay for school lunches (just to pick an example). Maybe we will decide that we want the federal government to pay for school lunches, but there is a legitimate, defensible position that this is not a proper function of the federal government.

The inevitable response is something inflammatory like "You want kids to go hungry!" From the other side of the political fence, the parallel comments are "You don't care about terrorism!" or "You don't support our soldiers!" The truth is that we care about all of those things, but we still need to pay for them. If the public is not willing to pay the taxes, then we can't afford it.

At least someone gets it.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
the association wrote:

Because that's exactly what you said...lolllll
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Yep, that is unless he is investigating the heck out of you and your staff.

Did anyone catch Price during the CNN town-hall? He was such a . . . such a . . . I want to say, scumbag, but it is just not nearly strong enough . . . OK . . . he was such a, R-word.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
the association wrote:

Because that's exactly what you said...lolllll

Yes i think we should all live in forest and wipe our asses with leaves. /s
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

he's mocking the intelligence community, and some powerful congressmen. Either he highly overestimates his powers or he's simply stupid. They're giving him enough rope to hang himself, and once he's out, they're going after him. I don't think he understands what it means to get entangled with the intelligence community.

Trump to Merkel: ‘Perhaps’ Obama wiretapped us both

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-to-merkel-perhaps-obama-wiretapped-us-both-191123486.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
he's mocking the intelligence community, and some powerful congressmen. Either he highly overestimates his powers or he's simply stupid. They're giving him enough rope to hang himself, and once he's out, they're going after him. I don't think he understands what it means to get entangled with the intelligence community.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-to-merkel-perhaps-obama-wiretapped-us-both-191123486.html

The way this man had been and has continued to denigrate president Obama is infuriating
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
paymonM wrote:

The way this man had been and has continued to denigrate president Obama is infuriating

The truly infuriating part is that Trump has been denigrating our nation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Just another day in Trump's Amerikkka:

Kids on winning robotics team told, 'Go back to Mexico'

Quote:
NDIANAPOLIS — The day should have been one of glory and celebration for five fourth-graders.

The Pleasant Run Elementary students had just won a robotics challenge at Plainfield High School, and the students — new to bot competition this year — were one step closer to the Vex IQ State Championship.

The team is made up of 9- and 10-year-olds. Two are African American and three are Latino.

As the group, called the Pleasant Run PantherBots, and their parents left the challenge last month in Plainfield, Ind., competing students from other Indianapolis-area schools and their parents were waiting for them in the parking lot.

“Go back to Mexico!” two or three kids screamed at their brown-skin peers and their parents, according to some who were there.

This verbal attack had spilled over from the gymnasium. While the children were competing, one or two parents disparaged the Pleasant Run kids with racist comments — and loud enough for the Pleasant Run families to hear.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 248 of 3663
Jump to: