Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Finally some of the young guys showing some balls!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Luke was good in the post game presser. And I agree with him. If coaching staff has total ability to push and shove players, then why not hire some MMA types and have them around for scuffles.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Like was flaming pissed.

Someone please post his presser on YouTube please.

Calling the refs crap and hiring "thugs" to watch his players

Last edited by Iron Mamba on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Luke said he thought Monroe was salty because Zubac was kicking his ass out there tonight.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
https://twitter.com/t1m_nba/status/842626727084019712

That's on coaching.

BLOB means baseline out of bounds, btw. Those and sideline out of bounds plays are probably the purest form of seeing what's inside a coach's brain.

I've been complaining about our BLOB plays since preseason in here. We have turned it over often, and when we don't, it is often a near turnover. Don't get it.

It's these kind of situations where I really feel the coaching staff that Walton assembled isn't at the level it should be. They should have looked for a veteran coach that's great with X's and O's to complement the staff.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

That's on coaching.

BLOB means baseline out of bounds, btw. Those and sideline out of bounds plays are probably the purest form of seeing what's inside a coach's brain.

I've been complaining about our BLOB plays since preseason in here. We have turned it over often, and when we don't, it is often a near turnover. Don't get it.

It's these kind of situations where I really feel the coaching staff that Walton assembled isn't at the level it should be. They should have looked for a veteran coach that's great with X's and O's to complement the staff.

I think that most veteran assistants want to go to the championship level teams and build back up their name-- not go work for a 36 year old coaching 21 year olds.

I've always felt like our staff was incredibly week. Shaw is the only name on the bench that anyone here had every heard of before. I like Jesse Mermuys but the rest just seem a little more like player assistants versus guys you can count on to help make reads and adjustments through the game.

Hopefully Magic can help bring in a big name vet to help out. Maybe if Alvin Gentry gets fired.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

Luke has already installed his offense system to this team. Now we can pick any 5 players to the court and they will play Luke's offense system. We're waiting for:
- payers' individual development
- clutch plays
- defense

Next season, if no major trade, will be

Zubac, Mozgov
Nance, Randle, Robinson
Ingram, Deng
Young, Brwer, Nwaba
Russell, Clarkson, Ennis
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton, Lakers question officials' handling of scuffle in loss to Bucks

Quote:
Walton was hardly in a joking mood. He fumed about the officials’ ruling and how they handled the situation.

“I’m going to need an explanation on it,” Walton said. “It made no sense to me.”

Walton lamented that officials Rodney Mott, Mark Ayotte and Eric Dalen considered Russell and Monroe deserving of equal punishments despite the varying circumstances that led to their ejections.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/young-746936-lakers-monroe.html
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

I've never said a bad word about Luke Walton
*diet byron

Last edited by justsomelakerfan on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

They need to fight out of the foxhole together.

Time to man up!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

What?!? We can say balls here?!?!? Awesome! Balls. Nuts. Cajones. Balls. Balls. Balls. Baaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllsssssss!

Okay. I'm done....
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Luke was good in the post game presser. And I agree with him. If coaching staff has total ability to push and shove players, then why not hire some MMA types and have them around for scuffles.

Yeah I don't really know why players aren't allowed to leave the bench but assistants can go out there and start mixing things up.

IMO Russell should have got a single technical, Ingram should have got the other one, and the Milwaukee assistant coach should have got one.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

It is weird to say I actually like Nick Young.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Last night's postgame

Trudell: So Luke, tell me your thoughts on the skirmish in the 3rd quarter

Walton: *sets a gun on the table*
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah I don't really know why players aren't allowed to leave the bench but assistants can go out there and start mixing things up.

IMO Russell should have got a single technical, Ingram should have got the other one, and the Milwaukee assistant coach should have got one.

Congrats, your a better ref than an actual NBA ref.

!...
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

For right now I think that Luke is the perfect fit for our young squad and developing these guys, he's somebody that they can relate to and that they will play hard for.
The question remains if he is the man the get them over the hump and get them to that next level of competing for championships again 3-4 years down the line?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
For right now I think that Luke is the perfect fit for our young squad and developing these guys, he's somebody that they can relate to and that they will play hard for.
The question remains if he is the man the get them over the hump and get them to that next level of competing for championships again 3-4 years down the line?

Yeah that's my concern because the early returns of his x's and o's don't seem to be too promising... And then there has been some shades of Byron talk this past week... but the team also played a lot better to start the season, felt like the offense was humming more, and also this roster is not arranged well for the type of game he wants to coach. So there's concerns but he's also in a tough spot, especially with the guys he's currently coaching right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Last night's postgame

Trudell: So Luke, tell me your thoughts on the skirmish in the 3rd quarter

Walton: *sets a gun on the table*

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

lakid wrote:

I actually don't get why people think he is perfect. He has been far from perfect and enthusiasm with our young guys is lower than it was.

I get it, Luke is relatable but he can be relatable as an asst. If Luke isn't ready to coach and develop guys right now, then someone more seasoned would be better.

Sometimes, hiring a 25 yr old to mentor your staff can pay off. Sometimes, it can be counterproductive.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakid wrote:

I actually don't get why people think he is perfect. He has been far from perfect and enthusiasm with our young guys is lower than it was.

I get it, Luke is relatable but he can be relatable as an asst. If Luke isn't ready to coach and develop guys right now, then someone more seasoned would be better.

Sometimes, hiring a 25 yr old to mentor your staff can pay off. Sometimes, it can be counterproductive.

He's "perfect" because he's the polar opposite of Byron.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

That's on coaching.

Totally agree. It seemed like he treated the job of filling out his staff like he was throwing a party for his friends.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a feeling yesterday's game will bring the team together in the next few weeks? It was like a brotherhood not backing down.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakid wrote:

He's "perfect" because he's the polar opposite of Byron.

And as with most things, perfection is probably somewhere in the middle. Byron is an absuive parent, Luke seems like the parent where the child can do no wrong. The best parenting is probably in the middle, focused discpline and some structure, with lots of affection as well but the right amount.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

What?!? We can say balls here?!?!? Awesome! Balls. Nuts. Cajones. Balls. Balls. Balls. Baaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllsssssss!

Okay. I'm done....

testes. Testicles. Prostate gland. Urethra. Ureeeeeeetthhhrraaaa!

Okay. I'm good.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Its actually a good idea if you look at how many non players from the bucks got involved. It was a whole team of them.

We need a staff of guards right this second
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 294 of 818
Jump to: