Draymond Green shows why he's the most savage player in NBA history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If you're soft you might dislike this type of trash talking in sports. I actually love it. I would like to see all the best players go at each other like that. I know Kobe used to trash talk with the best of them. As long as it doesn't get too personal its all good imo.

I agree. I remember watching some kids on the playground talking trash. Kid asked the kid with the ball "Where you think you goin" kid with the ball said "Round you" and did it.

Kinda like Bird use to do. Say he was going to do something and then do it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Green does talk too much for a guy that cost his team a championship with his pointless kicking of other players. He also tried to kick Blake today (this after elbowing him in December) so it's a habit he hasn't gotten rid of. Several Youtube videos are showing it already.

He is in the wrong sport. Kicking is allowed in the UFC. He should compete in that sport instead.

I agree. It is way past ludicrous.

For Silver to be worried the Dolan-Oakley thing when he has a guy trying to kick guys in the balls every 2 weeks in the league is ridiculous. Fix it already ET.
Kobesdad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
marga86 wrote:
the association wrote:
He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...

If you have any question about how impactful green is, just go look at the finals last year.

GSW would have closed that out in 5 games if he didnt get that unnecessary suspension.

I don't hate and i dont like green, but i don't agree with your comment. He is a big contributor on that team and has been fantastic for them.

They lost that Game 5 on their home floor by 15 points ... I guess you can argue that they would have won had he played in Game 5 last season, but you don't really know that, right? The fact is that Game 5 was played in Oakland and Golden State lost the game decisively ... they also played Game 6 in Cleveland (lost that one decisively, too) and Game 7 back in Oakland (lost that one in the final minute), both WITH Draymond, and again ... they lost those two games, too, right?

I don't hate Draymond Green, I just think he conducts himself like a (bleep) out-of-control douchebag who could probably benefit himself and his team if he was less of a dirty, malignant person on and off the court. I mean, hate is a really strong emotion that doesn't have to be part of the equation every time you feel contempt for another person's conduct. I agree with you that he is a big contributor on that Golden State team. Where we depart, apparently, is over the question of whether his impact is portable to another team, one less overflowing with talent. I feel strongly that a very big part of his efficacy stems from the extraordinary talent surrounding him AND the favorable officiating that he benefits from ... if you think he's a Top 25 player in the NBA on any of the other 29 teams, I guess we just won't find common ground on that point.

The guy is a trainwreck in a lot of ways ... BUT ... of course he positively impacts the Warriors team ... if not, they would have divested themselves of his nonsense long ago.

Talent wise I view him as a glorified role player. He would not be an all-star on any other team. He's definitely valuable to the warriors on the same level Rick Fox,Horry,Fisher were for the Lakers. Without those 3 guys the Lakers don't 3-peat but at the same time those guys were never all-stars. They were very good role players that had to be in certain situations to thrive and the Lakers were the perfect fit for them. Put them on an average team and they would have sucked. I view Draymond in the same category. Put him on a regular team and he's trash.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
the association wrote:
The Logo wrote:
the association wrote:
He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...

He's by far the best defensive player on the best team in the league while averaging 10/8/7 with 1.5 steals and 2.1 blocks. What's Pierce doing these days?

Pierce is 39 years old. He's six or seven years past his prime. Why is the best defensive player on the best team worried about a 39 year old? Fixating on his retirement? Really, that's what's going on in that dude's head? Wait ... is Pierce in his head ... ? Like, the LeBron fans in satanrubio's head ... ?

He's trashing a Celtic and you come to dude's defense? What kinda Laker fan are you? I think throwing shade at Paul Pierce is something every player should do at least once.

A 35+ year Lakers fan ...

I didn't come to Pierce's defense, I merely pointed out that he's a 39 year old soon-to-be first ballot HOF who hasn't played in a game since December

That is coming to his defense! The shame...

Quote:
trash talking a player riding the a DNP-Injury train in the first minute of a game on his home court. Seemingly out-of-the-blue

It wasn't out of the blue, the Dubs made an announcement about Pierce's retirement and everyone yawned.

Quote:
And as far as hating Boston players just because they've been our rivals for so many years, the last Celtics that summoned my hatred were Bird, McHale, Ainge, Sichting, Kite and their ilk when I was a child. As a man in his 40s, the idea of hating Paul Pierce just because he played most of his career in a Celtics uniform doesn't really cross my mind.

SHAME.

Quote:

I guess I'm just less of a Lakers fan than you ...

Shady.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

< yawn >

(bleep) move ... plain and simple.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
< yawn >

Yes but a hilarious one. I take it you're a real hit at parties.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
the association wrote:
< yawn >

Fortunately, we probably don't attend the same types of parties (or travel in the same orbit), so I guess that's one less thing for us to worry about ...

Personally, I've never found much entertainment value in bum fights, watching a player yell rambling nonsense at another player sitting in a suit on the bench (because the PA announcer supposedly mentioned his name in recognition of his career at the start of a game), and other "hilarious" demonstrations of erratic behavior, so ... I guess we can just chalk it up to a classic "different stokes for different folks" disagreement.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
the association wrote:
< yawn >

Fortunately, we probably don't attend the same types of parties (or travel in the same orbit), so I guess that's one less thing for us to worry about ...

Yeah that's a relief. This whole time I've been funnin' with ya but I guess this is way too serious a matter for any tomfoolery.

Quote:
Personally, I've never found much entertainment value in bum fights,

Totally! Me neither. It's awful what happens to some of those guys and the whole thing frankly makes me kinda sick. What does that have to do with Dray and PP?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

Just don't like the dude. On the court comments in the heat of battle I don't have a problem with. But he just genuinely has a big mouth. I am willing to bet he costs his team another chip.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

Kobesdad wrote:
the association wrote:
marga86 wrote:
the association wrote:

If you have any question about how impactful green is, just go look at the finals last year.

GSW would have closed that out in 5 games if he didnt get that unnecessary suspension.

I don't hate and i dont like green, but i don't agree with your comment. He is a big contributor on that team and has been fantastic for them.

They lost that Game 5 on their home floor by 15 points ... I guess you can argue that they would have won had he played in Game 5 last season, but you don't really know that, right? The fact is that Game 5 was played in Oakland and Golden State lost the game decisively ... they also played Game 6 in Cleveland (lost that one decisively, too) and Game 7 back in Oakland (lost that one in the final minute), both WITH Draymond, and again ... they lost those two games, too, right?

I don't hate Draymond Green, I just think he conducts himself like a (bleep) out-of-control douchebag who could probably benefit himself and his team if he was less of a dirty, malignant person on and off the court. I mean, hate is a really strong emotion that doesn't have to be part of the equation every time you feel contempt for another person's conduct. I agree with you that he is a big contributor on that Golden State team. Where we depart, apparently, is over the question of whether his impact is portable to another team, one less overflowing with talent. I feel strongly that a very big part of his efficacy stems from the extraordinary talent surrounding him AND the favorable officiating that he benefits from ... if you think he's a Top 25 player in the NBA on any of the other 29 teams, I guess we just won't find common ground on that point.

The guy is a trainwreck in a lot of ways ... BUT ... of course he positively impacts the Warriors team ... if not, they would have divested themselves of his nonsense long ago.

Talent wise I view him as a glorified role player. He would not be an all-star on any other team. He's definitely valuable to the warriors on the same level Rick Fox,Horry,Fisher were for the Lakers. Without those 3 guys the Lakers don't 3-peat but at the same time those guys were never all-stars. They were very good role players that had to be in certain situations to thrive and the Lakers were the perfect fit for them. Put them on an average team and they would have sucked. I view Draymond in the same category. Put him on a regular team and he's trash.

Yes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Not my kind of player
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the way he complains, goes after officials, teammates and coaches.

I do like what he brings to the game, energy. I'd want him on my team and wouldn't try to change him.

I give Kerr points for the way he handles him. He gets the most from Draymond.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/photos/a.10150274478951006.330140.7331091005/10154850742921006/?type=3&hc_ref=NEWSFEED

This one ain't ending anytime soon.

Draymond's not lying though. It's not like Pierce was a generational talent during his heyday.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/iFEBJ0BZxF0 Someone say savage?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
< yawn >

Pierce started yapping first. Pierce confirmed in an interview he was trash talking Green from the bench, so Green leveled both barrels at him. If Pierce doesn't want the truth blasted in his face, maybe he should just sit in his corner, being ignored during his "farewell tour" and collect his paycheck instead of trying to talk to people who can actually contribute something to their teams beyond a warm bench.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
the association wrote:
< yawn >

Pierce started yapping first. Pierce confirmed in an interview he was trash talking Green from the bench, so Green leveled both barrels at him. If Pierce doesn't want the truth blasted in his face, maybe he should just sit in his corner, being ignored during his "farewell tour" and collect his paycheck instead of trying to talk to people who can actually contribute something to their teams beyond a warm bench.

New information for me ... actually, I just read that both Pierce and Green confirmed Pierce's role as the trash talking instigator. Given that, I'm pulling a 180 and withdrawing my criticism of Green. Trash talking on its own doesn't faze me, so I'm fine with the entire exchange now. Carry on, Draymond ...

That said, Pierce calling Green a "bum" made me laugh ... Green's obviously not a bum on the court, but that contemptuous word is one of the greatest throwaway insults EVER.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
the association wrote:
< yawn >

New information for me ... actually, I just read that both Pierce and Green confirmed Pierce's role as the trash talking instigator. Given that, I'm pulling a 180 and withdrawing my criticism of Green. Trash talking on its own doesn't faze me, so I'm fine with the entire exchange now. Carry on, Draymond ...

That said, Pierce calling Green a "bum" made me laugh ... Green's obviously not a bum on the court, but that contemptuous word is one of the greatest throwaway insults EVER.

I was a bit of a (bleep) to you earlier but your ability to change your mind with new information is something that is sorely lacking in a lot of people today. "Kudos" doesn't go far enough. Crow for me. I prefer mine on pizza (goes down easier).
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
the association wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
the association wrote:
< yawn >

I was a bit of a (bleep) to you earlier but your ability to change your mind with new information is something that is sorely lacking in a lot of people today. "Kudos" doesn't go far enough. Crow for me. I prefer mine on pizza (goes down easier).

Well, I didn't exactly uphold my end of the exchange either, so ...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

I'm not surprised Pierce isn't getting the Kobe, Duncan farewell reception. IMO his career doesn't warrant high praise. What did he do that was exceptional? If TO and Moss can't get into the HOF because of their supposed locker room antics, Pierce eliminated himself with this

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not surprised Pierce isn't getting the Kobe, Duncan farewell reception. IMO his career doesn't warrant high praise. What did he do that was exceptional? If TO and Moss can't get into the HOF because of their supposed locker room antics, Pierce eliminated himself with this

that paper cut really hurt tho
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been paying close enough attention to his production and efficiency this season, apparently ... but I just checked.

Regardless how impactful anyone thinks his defense might be, how the (bleep) is it even possible to view him as an All NBA performer this season when he's averaging less than 11 PPG in 33 minutes, shooting 42% from the field and 32% from distance? People seriously want to find a spot for him over Kawhi, LeBron, Durant, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, or Nikola Jokic? And who else am I overlooking? Bottom line, he's posting (bleep) anemic numbers, esp. when you consider that he has three of the greatest shooters in NBA history surrounding him - drawing critical attention away from his game. And that's all he can muster? Really?

Also, expecting that he's gonna lose his (bleep) when Gobert wins DPOY ...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:

Kawhi will win DPOY in my opinion and is right there for MVP with Westie and Harden.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
I haven't been paying close enough attention to his production and efficiency this season, apparently ... but I just checked.

Regardless how impactful anyone thinks his defense might be, how the (bleep) is it even possible to view him as an All NBA performer this season when he's averaging less than 11 PPG in 33 minutes, shooting 42% from the field and 32% from distance? People seriously want to find a spot for him over Kawhi, LeBron, Durant, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, or Nikola Jokic? And who else am I overlooking? Bottom line, he's posting (bleep) anemic numbers, esp. when you consider that he has three of the greatest shooters in NBA history surrounding him - drawing critical attention away from his game. And that's all he can muster? Really?

Exactly. Draymond Green is a gimmick-- he isn't actually that good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Green does talk too much for a guy that cost his team a championship with his pointless kicking of other players. He also tried to kick Blake today (this after elbowing him in December) so it's a habit he hasn't gotten rid of. Several Youtube videos are showing it already.

He is in the wrong sport. Kicking is allowed in the UFC. He should compete in that sport instead.

I have seen that play multiple times and to this day it still infuriates me that Green was suspended for game 5 and of course I'm not a Warriors fan. And I hate to say this but the league clearly wanted to extended the series. Anyone that sees that differently is just a Draymond Green hater.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: