Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 294, 295, 296 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lmao what is going on heres
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone have a feeling yesterday's game will bring the team together in the next few weeks? It was like a brotherhood not backing down.

It might, Nick told the media that he was part of a real team. I dont know if hes going to walk this summer. I could see him give us a home team discount.

But than again turning down money isnt easy to do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone have a feeling yesterday's game will bring the team together in the next few weeks? It was like a brotherhood not backing down.

It might, Nick told the media that he was part of a real team. I dont know if hes going to walk this summer. I could see him give us a home team discount.

But than again turning down money isnt easy to do.

Maybe we give him a big 1 year deal..
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
https://twitter.com/t1m_nba/status/842626727084019712

That's on coaching.

BLOB means baseline out of bounds, btw. Those and sideline out of bounds plays are probably the purest form of seeing what's inside a coach's brain.

I've been complaining about our BLOB plays since preseason in here. We have turned it over often, and when we don't, it is often a near turnover. Don't get it.

It's these kind of situations where I really feel the coaching staff that Walton assembled isn't at the level it should be. They should have looked for a veteran coach that's great with X's and O's to complement the staff.

This has been my biggest disappointment of the season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I mean you have all-star coaches like Shaw, Madsen, and Buechler.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Guys you're making me really sad

Don't ever talk to me or my coach ever again
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Luke has already installed his offense system to this team. Now we can pick any 5 players to the court and they will play Luke's offense system. We're waiting for:
- payers' individual development
- clutch plays
- defense

Next season, if no major trade, will be

Zubac, Mozgov
Nance, Randle, Robinson
Ingram, Deng
Young, Brwer, Nwaba
Russell, Clarkson, Ennis

Mozgov, Black/Zubac
Randle, Nance
Deng, Ingram
Young, Clarkson
Russell, Ennis <Preferred FA-PG

I still think Zubac and Ingram need more time to grow into a starting position. Until then, let Moz and Deng start. Luke needs to figure out how to use these guys effectively in his offense. they're still good players. I wish he had figured something out for them and kept them in the starting rotation this year. To me, a lack of consistency in the rotations hurt this team.

Also, if we're only going to get one FA, i hope it's a real solid PG. We need one to backup/push DLO.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

so, sample size and all that but when luke gets out of his way and plays the best young guys all together, it actually goes pretty alright for the lakers...dont get on your own way luke
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Luke sucks. There's very little to like this year with him. We need to get a real coach. No time for internships.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Luke sucks. There's very little to like this year with him. We need to get a real coach. No time for internships.

come on dude
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

come on dude

What exactly is he doing really well in? Anything?

We play worse defense than last year even with a hobbling Kobe who just didnt play any and a Hibbert who spent most of his time laying on the floor.

No one is really excelling offensively. His lineups are questionable. The timing on his substiutions is suspect. The players he subs in and out are crap.

He forgets about players. Early in the year he forgot about the guards. They'd sit for extended stretches. Now he is forgetting about Zubac. He plays Clarkson on PG13 and Randle at center for extended time.

He complains on every call even legitimate ones.

He's just not the young prodigy I was hoping for. We cannot afford to run a paid internship program. We need some results.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

come on dude

We play worse defense than last year even with a hobbling Kobe who just didnt play any and a Hibbert who spent most of his time laying on the floor.

No one is really excelling offensively. His lineups are questionable. The timing on his substiutions is suspect. The players he subs in and out are crap.

He forgets about players. Early in the year he forgot about the guards. They'd sit for extended stretches. Now he is forgetting about Zubac. He plays Clarkson on PG13 and Randle at center for extended time.

He's just not the young prodigy I was hoping for. We cannot afford to run a paid internship program. We need some results.

I would imagine that Zubac didn't come back because Tristan Thompson went out and how the rest of their bigs play.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I'd argue the lineups are questionable because of the FO's decision to shut down Moz, Deng and to trade Lou. I mean, when Nick is out like he was tonight, do you really have any other choice but to go with Clarkson/Ennis/Brewer/Nwaba/Nance in stretches? Literally only two players on our team can shoot and one of them was out tonight. And also he's still technically a very young coach. I'd like to see him turn over his roster (Shaw, Madsen)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

come on dude

I would imagine that Zubac didn't come back because Tristan Thompson went out and how the rest of their bigs play.

Love couldn't handle Zubac earlier in the game. A mismatch in our favor. I mean, benching him for defensive juggernaut Randle?

Same thing happened a game or two ago. Luke forgets I think. He has done this over the season with a number of players including DLo and JC.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zubac would be on life support right now if he played in that 4th quarter
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

ringfinger wrote:

Like it or not get used to it. He's got the next two seasons to prove himself.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Yes Zubac on Love offensively is a mismatch in our favor, but on the other end they're just going to be getting threes right back with Love. Zubac isn't quick enough to guard out there.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Like it or not get used to it. He's got the next two seasons to prove himself.

Yeah. I just thought we had gotten a coach. We have an intern who may one day ne a coach and maybe not before his contract is up.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

In a few years all you naysayers are gonna be all over Luke's jock
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
I'd argue the lineups are questionable because of the FO's decision to shut down Moz, Deng and to trade Lou. I mean, when Nick is out like he was tonight, do you really have any other choice but to go with Clarkson/Ennis/Brewer/Nwaba/Nance in stretches? Literally only two players on our team can shoot and one of them was out tonight. And also he's still technically a very young coach. I'd like to see him turn over his roster (Shaw, Madsen)

They've been... unique, all season. And yet, the team was still competing more or less every night and was more on pace to win 27-30 games before the All Star break. And now it's Ennis Season. So now we're adding worse players to whatever he does.

i've got my complaints for sure, but I'm going to see the forest from the trees instead of making significant judgment calls on his career after two season-worst games in a row.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Practice wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

come on dude

Love couldn't handle Zubac earlier in the game. A mismatch in our favor. I mean, benching him for defensive juggernaut Randle?

Same thing happened a game or two ago. Luke forgets I think. He has done this over the season with a number of players including DLo and JC.

In the last game Monroe got tossed and the Bucks went small for the remainder.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

In a few years???? I didnt expect when we signed him we were really gettting a coach for years down the road.

Maybe he should be an assistant, cut his teeth a little or something.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

They've been... unique, all season. And yet, the team was still competing more or less every night and was more on pace to win 27-30 games before the All Star break. And now it's Ennis Season. So now we're adding worse players to whatever he does.

i've got my complaints for sure, but I'm going to see the forest from the trees instead of making significant judgment calls on his career after two season-worst games in a row.

Even before we overhauled our roster, I'd argue he was limited in terms of the lineups we could produce. Deng, being the perfect example of this. He was able to have a decent month for his standards, in December, when Larry was injured because he saw more minutes at the 4, where he should be playing. With everyone healthy however, there's too big of a logjam development wise to play him at the 4, even if right now he's better than Randle/Nance at that position. This isn't to say that I'm not all hum ho about Luke either though. I definitely think he has some issues (defense, leaving guys in too long, Russell benching), but I'm not completely unsatisfied with him either.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

+1 AMEN
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pio2u wrote:

In a few years???? I didnt expect when we signed him we were really gettting a coach for years down the road.

Maybe he should be an assistant, cut his teeth a little or something.

Rebuilding takes time, just sayin'
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 294, 295, 296 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 295 of 818
Jump to: