OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I think Pelinka shouldn't extend Jules for more than Clarkson money (which Jules shouldn't accept). Better for both sides to take things to Rfa. That's partially about '18 free agency (which also gives LA plausible deniability), but perhaps even more about needing another year to get a read on Randle's worth.

RFA makes things a little tricky so they might end up just trading him instead of giving him a extension.

If he is traded this summer, have modest expectations on the incoming assets.

there is no simple alternative on just trading Randle for another talented player, because he has a low salary cap, so we would need to use our cap space or assets to pull off a trade.

I don't think it matters if the trade is configured with Randle going out by himself or as part of a package.

Just be conservative in expectations on what his value will be in the trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I think Pelinka shouldn't extend Jules for more than Clarkson money (which Jules shouldn't accept). Better for both sides to take things to Rfa. That's partially about '18 free agency (which also gives LA plausible deniability), but perhaps even more about needing another year to get a read on Randle's worth.

RFA makes things a little tricky so they might end up just trading him instead of giving him a extension.

there is no simple alternative on just trading Randle for another talented player, because he has a low salary cap, so we would need to use our cap space or assets to pull off a trade.

I don't think it matters if the trade is configured with Randle going out by himself or as part of a package.

His value in a trade will be solely on a team taking him on and getting the benefit of signing him to a extension either by the October deadline or by the summer of 2018.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy but I think I'd trade the pick, should we keep it first, before I trade Russell/Ingram. If we part with one, I think I'm trading the pick, no matter if it's 1, 2, or 3 for George over Russell/Ingram.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

His value in a trade will be solely on a team taking him on and getting the benefit of signing him to a extension either by the October deadline or by the summer of 2018.

Based on expectations that his game will be relatively unchanged over the remainder of this season, what would you expect him to be making in the 2018 - 2019 season?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

No way in hell I trade a top 3 pick for PG.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
No way in hell I trade a top 3 pick for PG.

I'm not trading top 3, DLO, Ingram or Zu. If bird don't like it, he can you know what
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Based on expectations that his game will be relatively unchanged over the remainder of this season, what would you expect him to be making in the 2018 - 2019 season?

A max contract for Randle would put him at $25,750,000 based on current salary cap projections. I'd be surprised if he was tendered a max offer sheet in restricted free agency though. If he doesn't sign an extension earlier he may very well be the best restricted free agent on the market. That could drive his price up. I'd hazard a guess of somewhere between 18 and 22 million starting salary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Call me crazy but I think I'd trade the pick, should we keep it first, before I trade Russell/Ingram. If we part with one, I think I'm trading the pick, no matter if it's 1, 2, or 3 for George over Russell/Ingram.

#1-2 picks I wouldn't trade.

#3...I would do it, and def keep DLO/Ingram. If Bird doesn't like it then we walk away.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

#3...I would do it, and def keep DLO/Ingram. If Bird doesn't like it then we walk away.

PG by himself doesn't take us anywhere. I'll just keep everybody and dangle randle + Houston pick. That's it

Let him join in an year if he wants too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

PG by himself doesn't take us anywhere. I'll just keep everybody and dangle randle + Houston pick. That's it

I don't think that's the calculus the FO will use. If they can keep several of our top tier assets AND add PG13, they likely see next year as step 1 in building a contending team. I don't think they expect to be contenders in year 1.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

The main assets I like for them to get rid of is Clarkson/Randle/ Hou pick.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

It would be pretty foolish to give up the top 3 pick for George. Lakers aren't in position to do this and move the needle. Boston is in a position to do so but if they weren't willing to do it at deadline, they won't do it over the summer.

I'm not trading a top 3 pick if I'm Boston and for sure the lakers shouldn't even be thinking about it whatsoever.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It would be pretty foolish to give up the top 3 pick for George. Lakers aren't in position to do this and move the needle. Boston is in a position to do so but if they weren't willing to do it at deadline, they won't do it over the summer.

I'm not trading a top 3 pick if I'm Boston and for sure the lakers shouldn't even be thinking about it whatsoever.

Of course it moves the needle substantially. I don't see this FO standing pat this summer and just letting a bunch of kids try to make the playoffs next year. Believe it or not, the Lakers would like to make the playoffs once this back part of the decade.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

I know I will be hated for this, but I would do Clarkson/Randle/ Deng for Melo. And yes NY has the cap space to absorb the extra salary. I think it is a good deal for both teams. We get Melo and open up roughly 7 million of cap space this offseason.

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Melo
Moz

Try to tell me that team is not better then what we have. After signing Ball we still have roughly 23 million give or take in cap space. Bring in Sefalosha, resign Young, still should have some space.

Ball/?
DLo/Young
Ingram/Sefalosha/Brewer
Melo/Nance
Moz/Zubac

Maybe bring back Black just to see if we can trade? If not then we have max money this offseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I know I will be hated for this, but I would do Clarkson/Randle/ Deng for Melo. And yes NY has the cap space to absorb the extra salary. I think it is a good deal for both teams. We get Melo and open up roughly 7 million of cap space this offseason.

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Melo
Moz

Try to tell me that team is not better then what we have. After signing Ball we still have roughly 23 million give or take in cap space. Bring in Sefalosha, resign Young, still should have some space.

Ball/?
DLo/Young
Ingram/Sefalosha/Brewer
Melo/Nance
Moz/Zubac

Maybe bring back Black just to see if we can trade? If not then we have max money this offseason.

I'm not going to say that it would be crazy for this FO to do something like that if they couldn't get a "big name "this summer.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

For the record I would do #3 for PG. If you say otherwise you are crazy imo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Of course it moves the needle substantially. I don't see this FO standing pat this summer and just letting a bunch of kids try to make the playoffs next year. Believe it or not, the Lakers would like to make the playoffs once this back part of the decade.

Paul George doesn't move the needle enough. The pacers are proof.

Why do we want to give up a Lonzo Ball or fultz for a guy who MIGHT get the lakers an 8-11 seed in the west? Just not worth it, especially when we factor in that he has threatened to leave Indiana and join the lakers in FA anyway. Sorry but Paul George isn't in that tier where you give up a top 3 pick. Neither is jimmy butler. I hope Magic and pelinka aren't dumb enough to bail out Larry Bird or Forman/Paxson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

No doubt. If you could theoretically have a core of:

PG13/DLO/Ingram...you are well on your way up.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

I am really starting to believe in Ingram as well. That little backdoor he pulled on LBJ was nice, not many players get away with that.

That is my only conflict with bringing in PG is what happens with Ingram? I think he is many years away from being a dependable 4. PG does not like 4, so what do you do?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why do we want to give up a Lonzo Ball or fultz for a guy who MIGHT get the lakers an 8-11 seed in the west? Just not worth it, especially when we factor in that he has threatened to leave Indiana and join the lakers in FA anyway. Sorry but Paul George isn't in that tier where you give up a top 3 pick. Neither is jimmy butler. I hope Magic and pelinka aren't dumb enough to bail out Larry Bird or Forman/Paxson.

What do you do if you get the 3rd pick doe? Fultz and Ball are gone?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I am really starting to believe in Ingram as well. That little backdoor he pulled on LBJ was nice, not many players get away with that.

That is my only conflict with bringing in PG is what happens with Ingram? I think he is many years away from being a dependable 4. PG does not like 4, so what do you do?

That is why I think he would be traded for PG13 if they did a deal. Just plug him right into that lineup.

However, I'm also OK with the team not doing the trade, but fans need to realize in doing so, the chances of PG13 coming to LA would diminish IMO.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I still keep the pick. Another year and maybe I think about it, especially Russell's or Ingram's draft class. We see how the 3rd pick in those years is doing. This year, though, I'm taking Jackson or Tatum.

I get your point, but I still wouldn't move it even for 3. Anyway, I think lakers will be landing a top 2 pick.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I still keep the pick. Another year and maybe I think about it, especially Russell's or Ingram's draft class. We see how the 3rd pick in those years is doing. This year, though, I'm taking Jackson or Tatum.

I get your point, but I still wouldn't move it even for 3. Anyway, I think lakers will be landing a top 2 pick.

Good for us! Either way!
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

Ball
DLO
Ingram
Melo
Moz

Ball/?
DLo/Young
Ingram/Sefalosha/Brewer
Melo/Nance
Moz/Zubac

The Lakers finally get rid of 36% shooting, no defense playing old Kobe and you want to get him back? And trade assets for him? Good grief.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

Tatum or Jackson is better on this team then 1yr of PG13.

Why should we trade to asset when he had said he wants to compete for championship and we will be in cap hell because of Deng/mozgov

I like PG but he doesn't move a needle for the Lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 394 of 1813
Jump to: