Player Weights, Body Fat %, and # of Workouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Is 256 ideal for Randle? Dude is the second heaviest on the team and although BF% is normal, I wonder how it affects conditioning.

yeah, Randle talked about changing his diet once Luke essentially came up with the plan about Randle's stamina.

Luke's plan is to get Randle to the point where he can run 9-12 minute intervals at high intensity during games, and given his playstyle that would be scary.

The good thing is, that Randle bought in and accepted the challenge, changed his diet and they push harder in the drills with him than the others and according to Luke, those moments when Randle used to look at him during games after playing intense for a few minutes like he needed a breather, are now turning into looks that Randle says he's good.

But Randle talks about the diet change, focus to stamina here

And Luke talks about the stamina improvement and the 9-12 intervals here

So it seems like Randle's weight is gonna be coming down and his condition getting better. Body fat wise it's good and he's in NBA shape, but it seems that the plan is to get his weight down and increase his wind along with that.

So good things really, as he's bought into it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
And what's with 5.3% BF? Is that even possible?

Oh yes it is. I am a real life time fitness/cardio/weights guy. Hence the name Freak of nature.

An example is when you see the major Mr.Universe contestants at contests, they are all in the range of 3 to 4 % body fat. Off-season in between contests most are at 6% and more.

I am surprised to see some of the body fats, higher than I would have guessed. Ingram really surprises me. You can see some softness, but I would have guessed 6/7%.

Another thing to take into account on overall actual weight is bone mass/density. Two guys can be the same height, look identical in musculature, and one can still be 10 pounds heavier on the scale.

Good thing about Ingram, he has a nice frame, and it will fill into a wiry muscle type physique in these next few years.

Yeah, I have a relative who competes. I meant for an NBA player to have such low bf% with the travel and lifestyle seems damn near impossible. To be that close to competitive bodybuilders who do it for a living day in and day out, that is really impressive. As another poster said, I'll need to see him with his shirt off.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Is 256 ideal for Randle? Dude is the second heaviest on the team and although BF% is normal, I wonder how it affects conditioning.

yeah, Randle talked about changing his diet once Luke essentially came up with the plan about Randle's stamina.

Luke's plan is to get Randle to the point where he can run 9-12 minute intervals at high intensity during games, and given his playstyle that would be scary.

The good thing is, that Randle bought in and accepted the challenge, changed his diet and they push harder in the drills with him than the others and according to Luke, those moments when Randle used to look at him during games after playing intense for a few minutes like he needed a breather, are now turning into looks that Randle says he's good.

So it seems like Randle's weight is gonna be coming down and his condition getting better. Body fat wise it's good and he's in NBA shape, but it seems that the plan is to get his weight down and increase his wind along with that.

When I look at Randle I see add 5 pounds of muscle, plus the strength that goes with it, and drop 10 pounds of fat. With that alone, the real raw lean muscle instead pf the extra fat it will go quite a ways endurance wise.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Oh yes it is. I am a real life time fitness/cardio/weights guy. Hence the name Freak of nature.

An example is when you see the major Mr.Universe contestants at contests, they are all in the range of 3 to 4 % body fat. Off-season in between contests most are at 6% and more.

I am surprised to see some of the body fats, higher than I would have guessed. Ingram really surprises me. You can see some softness, but I would have guessed 6/7%.

Another thing to take into account on overall actual weight is bone mass/density. Two guys can be the same height, look identical in musculature, and one can still be 10 pounds heavier on the scale.

Good thing about Ingram, he has a nice frame, and it will fill into a wiry muscle type physique in these next few years.

Yeah, I have a relative who competes. I meant for an NBA player to have such low bf% with the travel and lifestyle seems damn near impossible. To be that close to competitive bodybuilders who do it for a living day in and day out, that is really impressive. As another poster said, I'll need to see him with his shirt off.

I see Ziggy. I think back at the admiral, D.Robinson, and Orlando Woolridge, I would never argue against being that fit against the normal builds. So I think it helps, and in a big way.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

OK here we go, I was looking for this exact information.

Just looking at him, it's so hard for me to imagine him actually filling out in a significant way. I know that naturally happens, but it goes back to what I said earlier, some people just don't put it on, whether it's body type or metabolism...

Your comments here are encouraging. Weird question, but what does it mean when you say Ingram has a nice frame? I don't know what that means in relation to him filling out. I'm not a weight scientist.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I see Ziggy. I think back at the admiral, D.Robinson, and Orlando Woolridge, I would never argue against being that fit against the normal builds. So I think it helps, and in a big way.

Curious to know what his diet is. I started getting my meals prepped by a chef whose main clients are bodybuilders and saw results after only 1 week. I suppose if I have the means then a millionaire like T-Rob must have even better resources.

Still, I can't imagine traveling all around the US and still maintaining such a strict diet, unless he has a traveling chef/nutritionist with him? I believe the team meals are more one size fits all rather than a customized meal specific to each player, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, all pro athletes work out, but getting to 5% BF takes insane dedication on the diet side. Guys like David Robinson and Scottie Pippen and T-Rob are what happens when good genetics meets intense fitness/diet dedication.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

OK here we go, I was looking for this exact information.

Just looking at him, it's so hard for me to imagine him actually filling out in a significant way. I know that naturally happens, but it goes back to what I said earlier, some people just don't put it on, whether it's body type or metabolism...

Your comments here are encouraging. Weird question, but what does it mean when you say Ingram has a nice frame? I don't know what that means in relation to him filling out. I'm not a weight scientist.

You look at his :

Symmetry
Proportion
Definition
Density
Separation

Right now Ingram should do the meat and potatoes, build that base with compound exercises; such as squats, deadlifts and bench press. Once the base is established, BI can start looking at his body through a microscope and start detailing it.

Hit it hard BI...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Curious to know what his diet is. I started getting my meals prepped by a chef whose main clients are bodybuilders and saw results after only 1 week. I suppose if I have the means then a millionaire like T-Rob must have even better resources.

Still, I can't imagine traveling all around the US and still maintaining such a strict diet, unless he has a traveling chef/nutritionist with him? I believe the team meals are more one size fits all rather than a customized meal specific to each player, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, all pro athletes work out, but getting to 5% BF takes insane dedication on the diet side. Guys like David Robinson and Scottie Pippen and T-Rob are what happens when good genetics meets intense fitness/diet dedication.

The key's to it all...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

When I look at Randle I see add 5 pounds of muscle, plus the strength that goes with it, and drop 10 pounds of fat. With that alone, the real raw lean muscle instead pf the extra fat it will go quite a ways endurance wise.

I'm thinking that might be the plan. Grassfed is definitely likely on it as well.

if Randle goes through the same kind of off-season intensity focusing on those things primarily along with the rest of his game, he could come into camp looking a little slimmer but with a much better wind. The idea of a 252 pound Randle going 9-12 minute intervals during games at high intensity for us due to his stamina makes me a very happy camper lol
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

That'd get him to to about 8.3% BF%
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

That'd get him to to about 8.3% BF%

Kinda damn mathematician are you bro!!!??
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jesus, Zubac is huge. Obviously the BF% needs to come down, but 263 at 19 years old?

After three seasons of workouts exchanging baby fat for muscles he is going to be a handful to deal. Overall he has good fundamentals, good feel for the game and a nice soft touch.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

What if they told Deng to just take it easy for the first 2 years and save his body for when the kids get good?
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Isn't the low to mid teens where guys who go the gym a lot end up?

Seems like professional athletes should be below 13 certainly and closer to 10 actually. I dunno. Just seems like if physical fitness was my job I would be in much better shape than the average fit dude at equinox.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Isn't the low to mid teens where guys who go the gym a lot end up?

Seems like professional athletes should be below 13 certainly and closer to 10 actually. I dunno. Just seems like if physical fitness was my job I would be in much better shape than the average fit dude at equinox.

Pro bodybuilders are usually" at 3 to 4% body fat at contest time. Off-season they are higher, as they are looking to add mass (muscle). 3 to 4.5% is pretty much "shredded". 5 to 6 % is "ripped". And 7 to 8% is great definition, not fantastic, but great.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Metta used to have some insane body fat numbers back in the day. I wonder his reaction would be if somebody called him old and fat.

I'm surprised Clarkson's BPF is so high considering he looks lean and shredded. I gotta think he has a workout regimen outside of the Lakers training facility. His workout total is low considering his reputation as a gym rat.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it weird how prime Ron Artest was a muscleman yet current Metta World Peace is viewed as one of the fattest players in the league?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Robinson is #GOALS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: