OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2129, 2130, 2131 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think DLo's ceiling is as a #1 option, but he's going to need to take a leap into elite shooting (45+/40+/85+) territory to get there.

Yup. Some players (especially on our team) do not have #1 option ceilings.

I also agree with this, if "ceiling" means just about everything breaking the right way, which it rarely does.

Yes, everything breaking right for DLO means he'd be a taller Steph Curry with James Harden's ability to get to the rim. So yes, 1st option ceiling.

Lad needs Harden's ability to get to the line as well...

Maybe he should grow a beard.

Last edited by Pidge on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why DLo can't be a #1 to lead the franchise. If we're talking about the #1 to lead the franchise to a championship then no, probably not, but if we just mean back to relevance, then absolutely.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
As a starter, since the All-Star Break

9 games
33.9 minutes

22.7 points
5.6 assists
3.1 rebounds
2.0 steals
57.9 TS%

Very good numbers and those even include the games where he came off the bench and played like (bleep).

Haha, they don't, which why I said "as a starter".

I'm noting that he's playing pretty freaking well when they're not jerking him around.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

So Wiley's question to Byron was "Does this save his job as being the future of the Lakers?"

And that's what Byron flat out said no to.

Interesting.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
As a starter, since the All-Star Break

9 games
33.9 minutes

22.7 points
5.6 assists
3.1 rebounds
2.0 steals
57.9 TS%

Very good numbers and those even include the games where he came off the bench and played like (bleep).

Haha, they don't, which why I said "as a starter".

I'm noting that he's playing pretty freaking well when they're not jerking him around.

Oh (bleep) my brain just saw the "since the All-Star Break" and skipped to the bottom
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So Wiley's question to Byron was "Does this save his job as being the future of the Lakers?"

Interesting.

So short sighted if so.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.

Last edited by Username on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

This is the thing that really concerns me of having Magic in the FO. Are we really going to get rid of our most talented prospect just because the worst coach in Laker history didn't like him
Mdstgreen
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.

Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:

He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:

He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."

The notion that Byron would be privy to Magic's line of thinking with this team doesn't seem far-fetched to me.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

People start complaining about Russell not starting and then he's magically put back into the starting lineup.

This can't be coincidental can it??

This is how I see the new front office. They make rash decisions based on popular opinion. A few weeks ago there was a clear vision for the team that anyone who was really paying attention could understand. Now, we're just kind of blowing in the wind. I guess the plan is to hope for a big name free agent to be available and trade away whatever young assets are needed to acquire them. Am I right?

I don't have a good feeling about what's going on at all.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers’ Luke Walton intrigued on if D’Angelo Russell can establish consistency

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/03/20/lakers-luke-walton-intrigued-dangelo-russell-establish-consistency/
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
People start complaining about Russell not starting and then he's magically put back into the starting lineup.

This is how I see the new front office. They make rash decisions based on popular opinion. A few weeks ago there was a clear vision for the team that anyone who was really paying attention could understand. Now, we're just kind of blowing in the wind. I guess the plan is to hope for a big name free agent to be available and trade away whatever young assets are needed to acquire them. Am I right?

False.

Especially since Luke was quoted as saying that DLo would be back in the starting lineup eventually the same day his benching was announced.

Can't believe this doom-n-gloom bs is what you drew from last night's game.

So if they bench DLo it's a mistake, but then if they unbench him it's ALSO a mistake...?

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

False.

Especially since Luke was quoted as saying that DLo would be back in the starting lineup eventually the same day his benching was announced.

Can't believe this doom-n-gloom bs is what you drew from last night's game.

So if they bench DLo it's a mistake, but then if they unbench him it's ALSO a mistake...?

Yup. That's exactly what I said.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Lakers’ Luke Walton intrigued on if D’Angelo Russell can establish consistency

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/03/20/lakers-luke-walton-intrigued-dangelo-russell-establish-consistency/

come on dlo, drop another 40 pt game on the Clippers

j/k another 20+, 5, and 5 game would be very sastisfying. no more of those 3/11 shooting games...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan22 wrote:
Dlo's peak is a prime Manu and a prime Manu was amazing.
What I'd give for him to play defense like Manu
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

As long as Magic doesn't go out there and start stuff saying stuff like:

"This Dan Jello kid we got is pretty good, but we have to look at all our options this off season."

I won't panic.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:

The notion that Byron would be privy to Magic's line of thinking with this team doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, but it does seem a little far-fetched to me, personally. There are several ex-Lakers who have jobs in the media or who are in the public eye quite a bit, and I just don't think it's a healthy practice for anyone to get into a habit of declaring anything Byron – or any ex-Laker who is close with Magic – says as being information gleaned from some secret conversations with Magic.

Last edited by Username on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

What was the consensus on Harden when he got dealt to Houston? Did people think he could be a franchise-carrier or a glorified 6th man whose weaknesses were hidden by coming off the bench to KD/WB?

Last edited by bonkers on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GoldenThroat wrote:

Interesting.

I'm having a hard time parsing that question. It sounds like he's presupposing that Russell's job is being the future of the Lakers? Is that what Byron said no to? I don't think people would disagree with that.

Or did Wiley misspeak and really just mean: "Does this save D'Angelo's future on the Lakers?" and Byron respond to that?
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

which position does Russell DEFEND better, the 1 or the 2?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:

I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, but it does seem a little far-fetched to me, personally. There are several ex-Lakers who have jobs in the media or who are in the public eye quite a bit, and I just don't think it's a healthy practice for anyone to get into a habit of declaring anything Byron – or any ex-Laker who is close with Magic – says as being information gleaned from some secret conversations with Magic.

That's fair. The reality is that I don't trust Magic yet so I'm probably a bit more inclined to be pessimistic than I normally would be.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
What was the consensus on Harden when he got dealt to Houston? Did people think he could be a franchise-carrier or a glorified 6th man whose weaknesses were hidden by coming off the bench to KD/WB?

The smart scouting teams/executives would recognize his FTr and production in limited minutes and hope that he was an All-Star...

... he turned out better.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/3/20/14979630/la-lakers-dangelo-russell-career-high-workout-stats-cleveland-cavaliers-twitter

practice? who needs practice...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2129, 2130, 2131 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2130 of 2856
Jump to: