Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 593, 594, 595 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Seems like you can pencil in JC for 19 points on 50% TS% as a starter...

Didn't catch the game so I'm not sure if they were good passes or if he just fed the hot hand, but 6 assists is nice to see regardless.

He distributed pretty well. The Cavs were trapping the PnR, and while it took him a little while, he hit Zubac on a couple of short rolls, made a nice cross court read on one of Russell's 3's (nice screen by Randle on that too), hit Nance w/a pocket pass, and hit Nwaba for a great lob where it was actually a bad idea, but the pass was perfectly located so it didn't matter.

He was pretty chucky at times, but that's to be expected.

That sounds... unrecognizable
Not the chucky part, the making read parts.

His short roll reads were of the "better late than never" variety, but I'll take it. Here's his assist reel tonight.

http://stats.nba.com/events/#!/?flag=1&CFID=&CFPARAMS=&PlayerID=203903&TeamID=1610612747&GameID=0021601043&ContextMeasure=AST&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&RangeType=0&StartPeriod=1&EndPeriod=10&StartRange=0&EndRange=28800&section=game&sct=plot
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

Luke's finally found the formula. Tell him he's playing him at PG while actually running him off ball.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Luke's finally found the formula. Tell him he's playing him at PG while actually running him off ball.

(bleep), same could be said about Russell in the other direction in terms of aggressively looking for his shot.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Seems like you can pencil in JC for 19 points on 50% TS% as a starter...

Didn't catch the game so I'm not sure if they were good passes or if he just fed the hot hand, but 6 assists is nice to see regardless.

He distributed pretty well. The Cavs were trapping the PnR, and while it took him a little while, he hit Zubac on a couple of short rolls, made a nice cross court read on one of Russell's 3's (nice screen by Randle on that too), hit Nance w/a pocket pass, and hit Nwaba for a great lob where it was actually a bad idea, but the pass was perfectly located so it didn't matter.

He was pretty chucky at times, but that's to be expected.

That sounds... unrecognizable
Not the chucky part, the making read parts.

His short roll reads were of the "better late than never" variety, but I'll take it. Here's his assist reel tonight.

http://stats.nba.com/events/#!/?flag=1&CFID=&CFPARAMS=&PlayerID=203903&TeamID=1610612747&GameID=0021601043&ContextMeasure=AST&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&RangeType=0&StartPeriod=1&EndPeriod=10&StartRange=0&EndRange=28800&section=game&sct=plot

I mean I'm just relishing the fact that he even has an assist reel.
Also lol on that blatant moving screen from Randle on the Russell 3
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Media hasn't caught on..Mark Medina asked Luke after the game - "how did Russell thrive in his new role"

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject:

good game by clarkson. i'm looking forward to him and russell tandem going forward.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

(bleep), same could be said about Russell in the other direction in terms of aggressively looking for his shot.

Haha, yeah:
. Luke's Jedi mindtrick worked on both of them lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
good game by clarkson. i'm looking forward to him and russell tandem going forward.

That's probably only going to last this season. We are just experimenting at this point, basically trying to see DLO play both guard spots in anticipation of Fultz/Ball being drafted.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

That's probably only going to last this season. We are just experimenting at this point, basically trying to see DLO play both guard spots in anticipation of Fultz/Ball being drafted.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

If it's working, why not?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Hopefully this new role will open his eyes and he will become more of a complete team player. JC needs to recognize when to pass the ball. He has tunnel vision.
We need to see more of what he showed as a rookie before he got that sweet contract. I believe he can handle it.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Media hasn't caught on..Mark Medina asked Luke after the game - "how did Russell thrive in his new role"

Had two media peeps in my DMs this morning like..."yo, am I crazy, or was what they were doing not any different than a normal game?"

Good job, themselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject:

Caught the game... JC really plays like a (massive) discount version of Westbrook lol.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Had two media peeps in my DMs this morning like..."yo, am I crazy, or was what they were doing not any different than a normal game?"

Good job, themselves.

ah! ok that's good.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

The PG and SG thing has more to do with the green light than with how you want to call it. I believe we need to find a main distributor and let Dlo play with a green light because when he plays this way he still have the assists. Last game in the 4th he was basically a PG again, I prefer him in the machine gun mode he was early.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

The PG and SG thing has more to do with the green light than with how you want to call it. I believe we need to find a main distributor and let Dlo play with a green light because when he plays this way he still have the assists. Last game in the 4th he was basically a PG again, I prefer him in the machine gun mode he was early.

Do "PGs" like Dame, Curry, Harden, etc. have the "green light." I think this "I'm the PG, no you're the PG" issue is overblown. When the game was tight and push came to shove, both DLO and JC resorted to their instinctual games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Clarkson may stay in starting PG spot for duration of season
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers like what they see with D'Angelo Russell at shooting guard: The lineup the Lakers tried Sunday night is one they’ll continue to use until further notice. It’s the one with D’Angelo Russell starting at shooting guard and Jordan Clarkson at the point. “We’re still trying to evaluate and see some things,” Coach Luke Walton said.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/31471/tuesdays-lakers-news-clarkson-may-stay-in-starting-pg-spot-for-duration-of-season
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers like what they see with D'Angelo Russell at shooting guard: The lineup the Lakers tried Sunday night is one they’ll continue to use until further notice. It’s the one with D’Angelo Russell starting at shooting guard and Jordan Clarkson at the point. “We’re still trying to evaluate and see some things,” Coach Luke Walton said.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/31471/tuesdays-lakers-news-clarkson-may-stay-in-starting-pg-spot-for-duration-of-season

lol. I think labels like PG/SG are pretty limiting -- anachronisms from a time when shooting guards never really handled the ball. But I don't see how anyone actually watches the game and points to Jordan (bleep) Clarkson and goes "oh, that's the Laker PG." Because he dribbled the ball up the (bleep) court? He has zero ---- ZERO --- ability to get us into our sets, consistently makes the wrong read both on- and -off the ball, and the only professional sets he seems to have some use is any high pnr action or pistol.

I know it was the reporter that called Clarkson the "point," but if Luke believes/spreads any of this (bleep), he's far stupider than this season has (already) shown he is.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

lol. I think labels like PG/SG are pretty limiting -- anachronisms from a time when shooting guards never really handled the ball. But I don't see how anyone actually watches the game and points to Jordan (bleep) Clarkson and goes "oh, that's the Laker PG." Because he dribbled the ball up the (bleep) court? He has zero ---- ZERO --- ability to get us into our sets, consistently makes the wrong read both on- and -off the ball, and the only professional sets he seems to have some use is any high pnr action or pistol.

I know it was the reporter that called Clarkson the "point," but if Luke believes/spreads any of this (bleep), he's far stupider than this season has (already) shown he is.

indeed
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Good to hear.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Do "PGs" like Dame, Curry, Harden, etc. have the "green light." I think this "I'm the PG, no you're the PG" issue is overblown. When the game was tight and push came to shove, both DLO and JC resorted to their instinctual games.

Portland is not winning anything and while Curry plays with the green light I'm preaching Dlo should play, Green and Iggy are players able to create offense for others. When I talk about the lack of true PG I mean a reliable distributor. I love Dlo court vision, but I don't think he has a huge repertorie facilitating, he would never make a pass like JC did to Nwaba last game and we have a lot of good finishers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I wonder why we're even bothering to play JC at the point. I mean, it kind of makes me wonder what the Lakers plan is with him. Certainly can't be starting PG.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

SCRUB
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

This was probably the worse game of his career.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Trash
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 593, 594, 595 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 594 of 685
Jump to: