Would you trade D-Lo, Randle and Clarkson for Westbrook?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Russel, Randle and Clarkson for Russel Westbrook?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 74 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 100 ]
Total Votes : 174

Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

It's a hell yes if we keep our top 3 pick. Without the pick I'm 60/40 in favor of the trade.
JaySole
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Aw HELL no.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Westbrook and Durant couldn't win a title and you're asking if Westbrook/George with a bunch of 20 year olds can?

It would set us up for years of second round exits with not much of a future with all our money tied up to those two.

Edit: For clarification I guess I would do the trade. Mainly because Clarkson and Randle have little value and that'd be a steal. We still wouldn't beven contenders.

Westbrook and PG13 would be quite a tandem to build around, so yeah I'd give up my fav DLO for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Westbrook is a great player but he's already 28 and can't seem to elevate his team. It's not his fault per se, but I mean he scores 40 or 50+ and they still lose.

We had a player averaging 35 a game and we still lost, but he ended up being pretty good.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is an amazing player, but the way he plays, he's going to become DWade really soon. Just a shell of his former self. In his last 3 years in Miami, Wade was still a very good player, but not the same player he was before Lebron got there. I would take the first 10 years of Wade over any version of Westbrook, including this one.

Some team is going overpay Westbrook pretty soon. What they will get is a player who is past his prime, hobbled by injuries, and basically relegated to taking jump shots.

Are you willing to pay for 2-3 good years of Westbrook, or would you rather enjoy 8-12 year of DLO? I'd rather take my chances with DLO.

And as a side note, remember when Magic Johnson said on national television that Westbrook played the worst basketball he has ever seen a point guard play during the NBA finals? This has nothing to do with my argument, but it's just something I remember Magic saying.
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Remind me what Cousins just got traded for again?

Show me a superstar getting traded for more than this package, at any point.

Kareem? No.
Barkley? No.
Shaq? No.
McGrady? No.

It all comes down to Westbrook. If he wants out, and OKC decides that need to go full youth movement, I don't think they'll find a better package. Unless Philly offers something with Embiid, which I doubt.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

No. I would trade Randle and Clarkson and a pick for Westbrook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't. I wouldn't even trade Clarkson and randle for him. I really like Westbrook, but he would stunt DLO's, Ingram, and zubac's growth.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Hypotheicals bother me but how anyone can say no is beyond me
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Very reluctantly.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I would say no. He's definitely a game changer, I really like him, but we would have to change our overall outlook of the team to appease Westbrook. I think we're on the right track right now, with our young players. I understand it's hard to see that, being our record, but we need someone that'll fit in with our young core, not throw our young players to the wolves or stunt their growth.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I woudn't.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Westbrook and Durant couldn't win a title and you're asking if Westbrook/George with a bunch of 20 year olds can?

It would set us up for years of second round exits with not much of a future with all our money tied up to those two.

Edit: For clarification I guess I would do the trade. Mainly because Clarkson and Randle have little value and that'd be a steal. We still wouldn't beven contenders.

Westbrook and PG13 would be quite a tandem to build around, so yeah I'd give up my fav DLO for it.

In the scenario Westbrook is going to be 30 by the time we get George. That's a very limited window to build a contender.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

He's probably my favorite player I wouldn't.

Westbrook + a 20 year old BI + a 20 year old Zubac + Randle isn't winning anything...and Westbrook will be like 30 here soon I think. It'd be nice to see him in the purple and gold, but he's about to hit the wrong side of 30 and he's pure OKC anyway, he will be there until he retires IMO.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Double post
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:

I would say no. He's definitely a game changer, I really like him, but we would have to change our overall outlook of the team to appease Westbrook. I think we're on the right track right now, with our young players. I understand it's hard to see that, being our record, but we need someone that'll fit in with our young core, not throw our young players to the wolves or stunt their growth.

What track is that?

We have no idea how any of our young guys will pan out. Forget their talent levels or any of their skills... they are 19-21 players we're excited about but we have no idea what they look like in the future. I see none of them ever even sniffing Westbrook's level of play-- especially Randle and Clarkson.

Keeping 2 of our 3 best prospects + a potential lotto pick for a top 3 player in the NBA? A home town kid who's averaging a triple double... uhhh, what?

You think that if we traded for Westbrook for those 3 (open's up more cap space this summer) we couldn't seriously have a shot at Hayward AND Ibaka?

Seriously, it changes the direction of our team but to a better one with so man more options.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Nah, only because he'd be surrounded by Moz and Deng for 3 more years, which is basically all he has left of elite athleticism.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:

What track is that?

We have no idea how any of our young guys will pan out. Forget their talent levels or any of their skills... they are 19-21 players we're excited about but we have no idea what they look like in the future. I see none of them ever even sniffing Westbrook's level of play-- especially Randle and Clarkson.

Keeping 2 of our 3 best prospects + a potential lotto pick for a top 3 player in the NBA? A home town kid who's averaging a triple double... uhhh, what?

You think that if we traded for Westbrook for those 3 (open's up more cap space this summer) we couldn't seriously have a shot at Hayward AND Ibaka?

Seriously, it changes the direction of our team but to a better one with so man more options.

Westbrook couldn't win with Durant and he'd never win in LA either. Fool's gold.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:

What track is that?

the right track of developing a proper culture, while developing our young players. over the years, we never really developed our young players, this is the 1st year we are doing so. right now we're just young and inexperienced, with different coaches, where clarkson, randle and dlo played different roles a lot, previously, but against the cavs for example, you seen glimpses of their potential as a unit.

russell westbrook needed time as well as durant. remember when people called russ a ball hog and thought okc wouldn't make it anywhere with him? he developed into a triple double machine, but would you wanna trade for westbrook his 1st or 2nd year in the league? we are only talking about westbrook because he had time to develop. and russ as good as he is, never had a performance like d russ had against kings his 1st year. never had a performance d russ had against the cavs his 2nd year.

I would love hayward on this team, more so than westbrook because his personality and game fits into what we are doing. I think hayward would maxmize our young players potential, more so than westbrook. pass on ibaka.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:

What track is that?

Westbrook couldn't win with Durant and he'd never win in LA either. Fool's gold.

Did Durant win something? No.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you trade D-Lo, Randle and Clarkson for Westbrook?

activeverb wrote:
brock wrote:

Now the core is Ball, Westbrook, George, Ingram, Zubac, Nance.

Good enough to compete for titles?

I have trouble imagining a team built around Westbrook contending, but I could see that team getting you into the second round or the conference finals.

Same here. I'll be really surprised to ever see WB lead a team to a title.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Honestly don't think it's fair to say "Westbrook and Durant couldn't win a championship, so why would Paul George and Westbrook be able to" when OKC's management was straight awful apart from drafting. Jeff Green (who had good trade value at the time) for Kendrick Perkins? James Harden? Not being able to find a better 3/D guy to put next to Westbrook and KD than Andre Roberson? OKC would have at least one championship by now if they didn't gut Harden for 20 cents on the dollar.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:

What track is that?

Did Durant win something? No.

No one said Durant won anything.
frank70
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Will a Westbrook trade lead to a championship? I don't think so. We won't beat the Warriors the next three years. And after that - when the rest of our young players might be ready - Westbrook is going to decline rapidly. His whole game depends on his athleticism, not tremendous skill. I think it will go fast downwards with him in two or three years. Numbers will still be shiny, but efficiency probably will not.

The goal has to be to built a team that can compete for a championship. Right now there is only one way for that. You don't trade anyone this off-season (unless it's an absolute no-brainer). You hope the young core makes a big jump next season. And then you try to get Paul George as a FA. If you have him, then you can look to get a 2nd Star-player via a trade package of 2 of our young guys (Russell, Ingram, Randle, 1st rounder). Paul George will age a bit better than Westbrook. In three years he will be 30. And if all goes well, Ingram and Russell and maybe this years first round pick are ready to compete.

If you trade 2 youngins now, there isn't much left on the team to built upon. We won't compete for a chip with George, Russell and chump change.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I wouldn't. I wouldn't even trade Clarkson and randle for him. I really like Westbrook, but he would stunt DLO's, Ingram, and zubac's growth.

Is this serious
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: