How do you keep your earphones in while running/exercising?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Went out and bought the Bose Soundsport Wireless in-ear headphones/earphones. Bought this exact one: https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-Wireless-Headphones-Citron/dp/B01HETFQMQ

So far so good. The large ear plugs work well so far me. They haven't fallen out yet. Very comfortable. Sound is good, nice bass. Every other one I have tried kept falling out as I have large ear holes.

I'll go for a run in a bit and see how they fare!

Ok, I lied. Didn't go for a run so I went for an easy 90 min hike/walk instead. A hike I have done probably 100 times, with my Samsung and Apple earphones always falling out and needing constant adjustments. Not to mention, because they were loose, I always had to put the volume way up.

I'm pleased with the Bose Soundsport wireless earphones! Thanks Gatekeeper.

Not once through the 90 mins hike did they fall out. Maybe twice, I adjusted the ear bud to re-form the tight seal in my ear but that's it. They werr comfortable throughout the hike and sound fantastic, almost like headphones that cover your ear.

The other thing I love about these is they stay in without a hook around your ear. I hate those because you take off.your shades to wipe sweat and putting your shadss back on moves the hook. But with these, I can take my sunglasses on and off, put them on my head, and no interferemce with the earphones since it only sits inside the ear.

Also I like they are wireless which means fully compatible with iOS and android and no wires getting bunched up or in the way.

Can you elaborate more on the comfort? Would they have fallen out had you not adjusted them or are they very secure? My #1 concern is them staying in.

I dont think they would have fallen out. I kind of have to pull the earbud out of my ear because these have a "fin" that slides on to those lines in your ear. If that .akes sense.

I have had many earphones and they never stay in. These Bose aren't perfect but they are the best I have tried. I recommend you give them a go.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Position the apple ear buds where you want them in your ears and then put on a dri-fit skull cap from Under Armour, Nike, etc. Pull the cap down over your ears, and the buds will sit in your ears with minimal movement.

I have done this for years when going on a run or stairclimbing or lifting weights.

The skull caps cost about $20, much cheaper than new headphones.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Went out and bought the Bose Soundsport Wireless in-ear headphones/earphones. Bought this exact one: https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-Wireless-Headphones-Citron/dp/B01HETFQMQ

So far so good. The large ear plugs work well so far me. They haven't fallen out yet. Very comfortable. Sound is good, nice bass. Every other one I have tried kept falling out as I have large ear holes.

Ok, I lied. Didn't go for a run so I went for an easy 90 min hike/walk instead. A hike I have done probably 100 times, with my Samsung and Apple earphones always falling out and needing constant adjustments. Not to mention, because they were loose, I always had to put the volume way up.

Not once through the 90 mins hike did they fall out. Maybe twice, I adjusted the ear bud to re-form the tight seal in my ear but that's it. They werr comfortable throughout the hike and sound fantastic, almost like headphones that cover your ear.

The other thing I love about these is they stay in without a hook around your ear. I hate those because you take off.your shades to wipe sweat and putting your shadss back on moves the hook. But with these, I can take my sunglasses on and off, put them on my head, and no interferemce with the earphones since it only sits inside the ear.

Also I like they are wireless which means fully compatible with iOS and android and no wires getting bunched up or in the way.

Can you elaborate more on the comfort? Would they have fallen out had you not adjusted them or are they very secure? My #1 concern is them staying in.

Position is key with IEM's and earbuds. If your earbuds are slipping out easily, they're not in correct. I'd suggest swapping in a pair of comply's regardless of the earbuds you own. They'll help with isolation and fitment. I'm using the Jaybird X3 and I love it. Never had an issue with them falling out. I had the Bluebuds (first generation X model from Jaybird) before them and used them for years until they ended up in the laundry by accident.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Position is key with IEM's and earbuds. If your earbuds are slipping out easily, they're not in correct. I'd suggest swapping in a pair of comply's regardless of the earbuds you own. They'll help with isolation and fitment. I'm using the Jaybird X3 and I love it. Never had an issue with them falling out. I had the Bluebuds (first generation X model from Jaybird) before them and used them for years until they ended up in the laundry by accident.

I'm reading all sorts of mixed things on which is superior for comfort between the Jaybird X3 and the Bose. I just bought the Freedoms, which appear to be the worst based on reviews..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm reading all sorts of mixed things on which is superior for comfort between the Jaybird X3 and the Bose. I just bought the Freedoms, which appear to be the worst based on reviews..

Get the Beats, they clip onto your ears...will not fall out. Sometimes you can even get deals on them.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

With all ear canals being different, there is absolutely no way to know how comfortable a pair of earbuds are going to be without actually trying them on yourself.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject:

Try a dab of super glue on each earbud.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I've actually tried scotch tape before. Didn't really work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I've actually tried scotch tape before. Didn't really work.

It will if you wrap it around your head at least nine times.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I've been meaning to find an alternative to staples...

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Tried out the Jaybird Freedoms. They're sort of uncomfortable. Should I expect anything different from the X3s since they're from the same company?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I've been meaning to find an alternative to staples...

Office depot?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Tried out the Jaybird Freedoms. They're sort of uncomfortable. Should I expect anything different from the X3s since they're from the same company?

Can you return them and pick up the X3 or Soundsport?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, there's a fifteen day return policy since I got them from Best Buy. The sales rep convinced me to get the Freedoms since they were "$50 off" and supposedly the best of the three. (The reality is that the actual price everywhere is now $149.99, so it wasn't really on sale...)

What's the difference between the X3s and the Freedoms? Aren't the Freedoms supposed to be considered the more premium of the two?

Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, there's a fifteen day return policy since I got them from Best Buy. The sales rep convinced me to get the Freedoms since they were "$50 off" and supposedly the best of the three. (The reality is that the actual price everywhere is now $149.99, so it wasn't really on sale...)

What's the difference between the X3s and the Freedoms? Aren't the Freedoms supposed to be considered the more premium of the two?

Looks like the earbud designs aren't that much different aside from the fins and moisture-repellant material, so it seems like (dis)comfort levels will be more or less the same.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Looks like the earbud designs aren't that much different aside from the fins and moisture-repellant material, so it seems like (dis)comfort levels will be more or less the same.

Well, it's the fins themselves that are causing the pain, not the earbuds themselves... How much of a difference in the fin design do you think there is? They look pretty similar to me.

Not sure about the Bose, but sounds like they're comfortable.

Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well, it's the fins themselves that are causing the pain, not the earbuds themselves... How much of a difference in the fin design do you think there is? They look pretty similar to me.

Only way to find out is to give the Soundsports a try.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Only way to find out is to give the Soundsports a try.

Yeah, can't be any more uncomfortable than the JayBird Freedoms. (Though the sound quality on the Freedoms is quite good.)

Hopefully Best Buy won't blacklist me for one or two returns.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

In case anyone is wondering, I ended up trying out the JayBird Freedoms, the JayBird X3s, and the Bose Soundsports for extended periods of time.

The Soundsports are the best by a significant margin. Then the X3s. Then the Freedoms.

Main advantages of the Soundsports over the X3s are comfort and the ability to stay in the ear. X3s feel like something is being shoved down your ear canal after a while and need frequent readjustment. Freedoms are worse than the X3s in every conceivable manner.

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
In case anyone is wondering, I ended up trying out the JayBird Freedoms, the JayBird X3s, and the Bose Soundsports for extended periods of time.

The Soundsports are the best by a significant margin. Then the X3s. Then the Freedoms.

Main advantages of the Soundsports over the X3s are comfort and the ability to stay in the ear. X3s feel like something is being shoved down your ear canal after a while and need frequent readjustment. Freedoms are worse than the X3s in every conceivable manner.

yaaas queen, slay
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

When jogging, I can use products like freebirds, but when doing high intensity sprints, that only thing that works is the over the ear design. And the wireless beats just had too many cut outs for me, I had to go with wired.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: