Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden
Durant, Westbrook, Harden
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Durant, Harden, Westbrook
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
Westbrook, Durant, Harden
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Westbrook, Harden, Durant
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Harden, Durant, Westbrook
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Harden, Westbrook, Durant
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
He's definitely surging ... this last five game run is really impressive on the offensive end, like late 1980s MJ impressive.

I think he's making a strong case that he, not Durant, is the straw that stirs that OKC (molotov) cocktail. Good for him ... broken face or not, 76ers or not, this dude is ballin' like a killer ... his defense was maybe suspect tonight, though, as he appears to have made Canaan look like an All NBA performer, too ...

Yep, he is making non-believers like me reevaluate him. It's not the points that are impressive. If you dominate the ball as much as he does, you should score a lot of points. It's the assists and rebounds while jacking up that many shots.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

It's still: 1. Durant 2. Westbrook 3. Hardern. But at this point, you have to consider Westbrook to be about equal with Durant. I've considered Westbrook to be a top-5 player and best overall guard in the league since Kobe's Achilles injury. He's making a case for second-best player in the world behind Lebron now. I think it's a matter of preference between Durant, Anthony Davis and Westbrook now for second place.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

I think Westbrook has now become more valuable than Durant.

NBA reffing heavily favors PG penetration. Flopping is part of the issue. But part of it is purposely, biased reffing. Westbrook can get to the line at will, can't say the same about Durant.
Also the pool of elite shot-creators in the league is shrinking. I think analytics have put an emphasis on set 3 point shooting and quick, constant passing. So the elite shot-creator has become a valuable rare breed.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Bump. Is it possible that, given his injury proneness, Durant is actually the least desirable/valuable player of the trio?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden

CandyCanes wrote:
It's pretty incredible that OKC once had all three of these guys. The second best SF, the second best PG, and the second best (or even best) SG.

How would you rank them? Especially curious what people think of Westbrook vs Harden.

Lebron or Kawhi over KD at SF?
who's better than WB right now at PG?
Klay over Harden at SG?

I think this year: WB then Harden then KD (all by a hair)
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Bump. Is it possible that, given his injury proneness, Durant is actually the least desirable/valuable player of the trio?

Nope. I'm still taking Durant over every player alive not named LeBron James.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
It's pretty incredible that OKC once had all three of these guys. The second best SF, the second best PG, and the second best (or even best) SG.

How would you rank them? Especially curious what people think of Westbrook vs Harden.

Klay over Harden at SG?

I made that comment last year. Westbrook is now the best PG and Harden is now the best SG, if you consider him a SG and not a PG.

Ironically, Durant is the only one who isn't the best in the league at his position. Crazy how stacked the SF position is-- LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis, Jimmy Butler...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden

CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Klay over Harden at SG?

I made that comment last year. Westbrook is now the best PG and Harden is now the best SG, if you consider him a SG and not a PG.

Ironically, Durant is the only one who isn't the best in the league at his position. Crazy how stacked the SF position is-- LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis, Jimmy Butler...

just realized it was 2015... OKC could've had a dynasty, they were <22 yrs old
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Rank Durant, Westbrook, and Harden

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Klay over Harden at SG?

just realized it was 2015... OKC could've had a dynasty, they were <22 yrs old

Don't forget Ibaka, Jeff Green, and Reggie Jackson. They also were the team that drafted Bledsoe and almost acquired Tyson Chandler for virtually nothing but backed out due to injury concerns.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Chandler

Bench: Reggie Jackson, Bledsoe, Sefolosha, Green.

Ridiculous.

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

OKC is certainly a conundrum. A great FO regarding the draft but absolutely no vision.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
OKC is certainly a conundrum. A great FO regarding the draft but absolutely no vision.

The ownership is horrible.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: