Tim Duncan Announces Retirement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Duncan's letter to fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-duncan-says-goodbye-to-spurs-fans-with-a-short-sweet-letter-211511019.html?utm_content=buffer88048&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quote:
The letter reads:

If asked to write a script for my career 19 years ago, there is no way I would’ve been able to dream up this journey.
I stand here at the end of this ride and look back in awe of what I’ve experienced.
The wins and losses will be remembered, but what I’ll remember most are the people:
The fans inside the arena and out, the staff and coaches who pushed me and held me together, the teammates (and even opponents) who will be lifelong friends, sharing my ups and downs with family and close friends, and, most importantly, the snapshots of my kids growing up and reveling in watching Dad work. That is what I will cherish the most.
Thank you to the city of San Antonio for the love and support over these years. Thank you to the fans all over the world.
Much Love Always,
Tim
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I see the glorified troll hijacked the thread in the second post. Knew exactly what he was doing and that people would react.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/15/report-spurs-expect-tim-duncan-to-join-franchise-full-time/

Quote:
Report: Spurs expect Tim Duncan to join franchise full-time

The Spurs are still paying a retired Tim Duncan $1,881,250 each of the next three years.

Maybe he’ll actually earn those checks at some point.

Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News:

“Most in the organization think Duncan will eventually join the franchise in a full-time capacity. They guess he won’t coach but will instead focus on personnel. Duncan has long been intrigued by the methods that Popovich and Buford use to identify talent.

Duncan has at times disagreed with their decisions only to be proven wrong. He’s curious why.”

Duncan was an all-time great player, in large part due to his sky-high basketball intelligence. That could definitely translate to player evaluation and scouting.

Becoming a successful talent assessor requires hard work, and if Duncan is up for it, I’d absolutely tap his skills. If he wants a less intense ceremonial role, I’d accommodate that, too.

Duncan has already done so much for San Antonio – leading the team to five championships and taking pay cuts that ushered in the next era. If he helps identify new talent, that’d just a cherry on top.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/tim-duncan-newborn-daughter-chris-pratt-guardians-of-the-galaxy-character?csp=trueanthem&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58dad70604d301566febad4d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Quote:
Tim Duncan named his newborn daughter after a Marvel comic-book hero

On Monday, Tim Duncan and his longtime girlfriend, Vanessa Macias, announced the birth of their daughter, Quill. The baby’s name, though, might sound familiar to fans of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.

Duncan and Macias named the newborn after Chris Pratt’s character, Peter Quill, from the comic book and movie.

Vanessa Macias @VanessaLMacias
Thank you for the love and thoughts welcoming our little soul-changer, Quill.
3:23 PM - 27 Mar 2017
165 165 Retweets 779 779 likes
The retired Spurs star explained the name on the Road Trippin’ with RJ & Channing podcast. It was the perfect Tim Duncan explanation.

First, Channing Frye said:

“It’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Star-Lord, his original name is Peter Quill. And he’s like really just cool as (expletive).”

Duncan added:

“My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Seems like the Spurs don't really miss him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: