LaVar Ball (Lonzo Ball's father)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Completely underwhelming end to UCLA's season when they had the talent to go to the Final Four.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18998933/lonzo-ball-says-done-ucla-headed-nba-draft

#byefelicia
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

First time LaVar Ball has nothing to say?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Not cool, Lavar. Not cool.

Like Lonzo, having second thoughts on his egomaniac father.

We don't need Lavar telling Magic and Luke how to do their jobs.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

What sucks is as obnoxious as I think LaVar Ball is I still hated Kentucky more and wanted them to lose.

Now they play North Carolina and apparently there isn't a third option to choose between the two of them.

Where's Christian Laettner when you need him.

Talk around here is that Alford to Indiana is a done deal(well its a rumor nobody should take Doug"I got kicked out of Notre Dame for Credit Card Fraud" Gottlieb as a reliable source)

ETA: Archie Miller is finalizing the deal to be IU's head coach
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

I think Alford is going to Indiana despite what he says in public. His son's career at UCLA is over. Coaching your alma mater is always a big deal and most coaches cannot resist the temptation because of their attachment to the school in which they attended as a college student.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I think Alford is going to Indiana despite what he says in public. His son's career at UCLA is over. Coaching your alma mater is always a big deal and most coaches cannot resist the temptation because of their attachment to the school in which they attended as a college student.

Except they just announced locally that Archie Miller is officially hired as the IU basketball coach.

The alma mater thing goes either way. Archie Miller is an NC State alum was offered the job and turned it down. Sometimes its too much pressure if you win great if you lose you are a failure and its difficult to fire the dude.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

I didn't pay attention to the news so this is new. Well guess Alford is staying at UCLA.....
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

(bleep) this guy.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Completely underwhelming end to UCLA's season when they had the talent to go to the Final Four.

Too many defensive deficiencies in the starting lineup.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I didn't pay attention to the news so this is new. Well guess Alford is staying at UCLA.....

This is like if the Lakers decided to stick with Kurt Rambis instead of signing Phil Jackson in 99. Managed expectations!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

UCLA got screwed with the #3 seed. They should not have been playing a team that good until the Elite 8. Imagine if they got the same matchups Arizona got, or even Oregon. Would have needed to suffer a big upset to not make the Elite 8.

I know they are a 1 seed but Gonzaga is in the Final 4 and still doesn't get to play anybody higher than a 4 seed. I want to see them tested by better teams. They were playing an 11 seed in the Elite 8 and will play a 7 seed in the Final 4. Unbelievable.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This is like if the Lakers decided to stick with Kurt Rambis instead of signing Phil Jackson in 99. Managed expectations!

Earl Watson is Phil Jackson now?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

UCLA got screwed with the #3 seed. They should not have been playing a team that good until the Elite 8. Imagine if they got the same matchups Arizona got, or even Oregon. Would have needed to suffer a big upset to not make the Elite 8.

I know they are a 1 seed but Gonzaga is in the Final 4 and still doesn't get to play anybody higher than a 4 seed. I want to see them tested by better teams. They were playing an 11 seed in the Elite 8 and will play a 7 seed in the Final 4. Unbelievable.

They got what most people predicted. They wouldn't have gotten Arizona or Oregon's matchups because they didn't even make it to the Pac-12 finals and got blown out by Arizona. But even then, the team had the talent to face Kentucky and had already beaten them in the regular season. They just didn't make any defensive adjustments and got destroyed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Lavar's kid answers the question of whose better him or Fultz?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19024163/lonzo-ball-says-better-fellow-nba-draft-prospect-markelle-fultz
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It isn't anyone's fault but their own. They didn't play well in the pac-12 tournament. If they played better in that tournament they had a chance to be a #1 seed.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It isn't anyone's fault but their own. They didn't play well in the pac-12 tournament. If they played better in that tournament they had a chance to be a #1 seed.

I disagree. They had no shot at a #1 seed with Gonzaga getting it.

And Kansas didn't win a single game in their tournament but still got a #1 seed. UCLA had an excellent season. They deserved a #2 seed.

Last edited by Steve007 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They got what most people predicted. They wouldn't have gotten Arizona or Oregon's matchups because they didn't even make it to the Pac-12 finals and got blown out by Arizona. But even then, the team had the talent to face Kentucky and had already beaten them in the regular season. They just didn't make any defensive adjustments and got destroyed.

Oregon got the same seed that they got. But a big difference is Oregon was lucky the #2 seed in their bracket lost before the Sweet 16 so the Ducks got to face a 7 seed instead.

And I thought Kentucky also got unlucky. The odds of them beating Wichita State, UCLA and North Carolina were pretty low.

One team that did get lucky was Gonzaga. They didn't have to play Arizona and they are playing a 7 seed in the Final 4. They still haven't beaten anybody higher than a 4 and still haven't beaten a team as good as UCLA/Kentucky. They were playing an 11 seed in the Elite 8 and I was disappointed because they still weren't really being tested that much.

When a tournament is single elimination like this, it becomes much more of a crapshoot and luck is a huge factor. But matchups are also important and if you don't play anyone that good, your chances go way up. If you have to beat Cincinnati, Kentucky and North Carolina just to make the Final 4, I don't care which team in the country it is; I wouldn't like their odds.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I disagree. They had no shot at a #1 seed with Gonzaga getting it.

And Kansas didn't win a single game in their tournament but still got a #1 seed. UCLA had an excellent season. They deserved a #2 seed.

The reason I think UCLA needed a better showing than Kansas in the conference tournament was because Kansas won their conference and UCLA was third in conference.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Lonzo & Lavar on Undisputed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

they screwed themselves. they weren't good enough to advance deep into the tournament, period.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

they screwed themselves. they weren't good enough to advance deep into the tournament, period.

It's a tournament based so much on luck. Make every round a one game elimination round and the 2001 Lakers lose the Finals to the 76ers.
rebirthoftheM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
This dude is ghetto.

Plains and simple.

Hes cancerous and don't give me the he's a great father crap. GheTTO

Yeah, which has been pretty much the undertone of all the criticisms of Lavar. "He took ghetto" aka he too barbershop aka he took black. I won't assume you are not black yourself, but racially coded language like that is unbecoming.

He doesn't tone down his persona to suit white sensibilities on national tv. Little wonder that the greatest proportion (of what I've seen reading comments) of folks supporting Lavar are black, whilst the greatest proportion of folks hating happen not to be black. No surprises.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Anyone see the footage of Lavar Ball playing in 2002 Chino Hills league? Homie got exposed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It's a tournament based so much on luck.
Make every round a one game elimination round and the 2001 Lakers lose the Finals to the 76ers.

Only because of the draw...you still have win 6 games to become an NCAA champion. Thats why teams that usually have been together for more than one season usually wins it all. They have the chemistry and have figured out how to win despite setbacks. Notable exceptions being the 2003 Syracuse and 2012 Kentucky team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13
Jump to: