Jim Buss has resigned as co-trustee for family trusts that own 66% of Lakers.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Agreement puts Jeanie Buss in control of Los Angeles Lakers for life

Quote:
A battle over control of the Los Angeles Lakers is over after an agreement was reached to have Jeanie Buss serve as controlling owner of the storied NBA franchise for the rest of her life.

The agreement was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday and states that Jim and Johnny Buss have agreed that their sister will serve as the controlling owner. The filing ends weeks of uncertainty about control of the Lakers as the franchise tries to put several losing seasons behind it.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/03/27/jeanie-buss-agreement-los-angeles-lakers

For the rest of her life? That's not fair. They gave Jim and Mitch 3 years to fix the Lakers. Now she has the rest of her life to fix it? May be we should at least give the same 3 years to Magic and Rob?

thats not how it works. jerry buss left jeanie in charge. that is for as long as the buss family holds the lakers and jeanie is alive. That was always the way the trust was in tact. Jeanie buss was trying to give her father his wish and tried to stick with jim but she could have got rid of him way earlier. ventura is jim buss....i truely believe that....no one could believe in jim buss like him. Hey im not crying for jim....he has alot of money....He can do anything he wants. Now no one is looking over his shoulder.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
hdtvset wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Agreement puts Jeanie Buss in control of Los Angeles Lakers for life

Quote:
A battle over control of the Los Angeles Lakers is over after an agreement was reached to have Jeanie Buss serve as controlling owner of the storied NBA franchise for the rest of her life.

The agreement was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday and states that Jim and Johnny Buss have agreed that their sister will serve as the controlling owner. The filing ends weeks of uncertainty about control of the Lakers as the franchise tries to put several losing seasons behind it.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/03/27/jeanie-buss-agreement-los-angeles-lakers

For the rest of her life? That's not fair. They gave Jim and Mitch 3 years to fix the Lakers. Now she has the rest of her life to fix it? May be we should at least give the same 3 years to Magic and Rob?

ventura is jim buss....i truely believe that....no one could believe in jim buss like him. Hey im not crying for jim....he has alot of money....He can do anything he wants. Now no one is looking over his shoulder.

In jest I also accused VLF of being Jim. I truly hope that isn't the case because it would add another layer of sadness to the whole situation.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

delete

Last edited by 999 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
^^^meh I think VLF just hates seeing a woman in power that's why he voted for Trump

Knock it off
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
^^^meh I think VLF just hates seeing a woman in power that's why he voted for Trump

Knock it off

I was just messin around
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:

Knock it off

I was just messin around

I know, but not everyone might.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:

Knock it off

I was just messin around

I thought i was sarcastic enough...One time VLF and i got into it over jimbo with him preaching and praising Jim like a broken record. 2 hours later Jimbo was fired. he than went on his Jeanie rampage monologue hate..

Last edited by 999 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:

Knock it off

I was just messin around

I thought i was sarcastic enough...One time VLF and i got into it over jimbo with him preaching and praising Jim like a broken record. 2 hours later Jimbo was fired. he than went on his Jeanie rampage hate.. it was almost trump like mysogony.

Uh, you're starting again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:

Knock it off

I was just messin around

I thought i was sarcastic enough...One time VLF and i got into it over jimbo with him preaching and praising Jim like a broken record. 2 hours later Jimbo was fired. he than went on his Jeanie rampage hate.. it was almost trump like mysogony.

Uh, you're starting again.

ill just edit the trump out....
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Just saying, there's a difference between what Trump does versus criticizing a person for what she did, which was perceived as morally shady by some.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I am sure it was posted already, but Jim is still a beneficiary. Trustees just manage the trust. The money generated by the trust goes to the beneficiaries. He is still a beneficiary. Jeanie's lawyer probably had a pretty strong case against him. The lawyers TMZ comments were pretty strong today.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Just saying, there's a difference between what Trump does versus criticizing a person for what she did, which was perceived as morally shady by some.

all trump aside you should have seen vlf posts when jim was canned he went off on this Jeanie magic rant it was pure comedy
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I am sure it was posted already, but Jim is still a beneficiary. Trustees just manage the trust. The money generated by the trust goes to the beneficiaries. He is still a beneficiary. Jeanie's lawyer probably had a pretty strong case against him. The lawyers TMZ comments were pretty strong today.

http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports

The lawyer was waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top, IMO, and I like Jeanie.

Who knew TMZ covered non-Kardashian stuff?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:
so in essence what does all this mean for the Lakers ?

Basketball decisions will be made by basketball minds. I wish Mitch were still here.

This is going to bear close watching to see how the dynamics change. According to Mitch and Jim, and with no substantive evidence from anyone to the contrary, Jim had veto power but never used it, and that meant that Mitch ultimately made the calls either on his own or with Jim's agreement. How much of a collaborative team they were is unknown.

This is going to matter at the draft, since it was mitch and Mitch alone who sifted through the staff analysis and made the picks. There was possibly a lot of consensus on picks, but you gotta think the farther down the draft, the more divergence, and so they are going to have to replace mitch's mastery there. Neither Magic nor Pelinka strikes me as that guy, yet one or both are going to ultimately have to decide, no matter how collaborative they make the process.

Embolden is why I wish Mitch were still in the FO. He learned from one who I call a master at assessing talent, Jerry West.

We still have a West on staff. He doesn't have his fathers skills. Hopefully he's in contact with him and gets advice from time to time.

Which is why I want them to give Jerry West a consulting job. Mitch took a gamble selecting Russell over Okafor. I don't think Magic/Pelinka would have done it because the consensus was to take Okafor.
Trade and draft are two things I am worried about with this new front office. People are saying the scouting department hasn't changed so there won't be a problem but ultimately the GM has the final word. There was report saying the scouting department preferred Barbosa but Mitch selected Brian Cook in the end. Mitch has turned it around and has been drafting well in recent years. Pelinka might make that mistake again just because his inexperience.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
What happened to "Venturalakerfan"? Has not been around for about two weeks. Is he Buss JR?

He is/was tight with someone high up - not sure if it was Jerry Buss, Jim Buss, Jerry West or just Joe McDonnell, but VLF has knowledge.

I almost NEVER agree with him - like 0.001% - but I hope he's OK. A third of my posts came from arguing with him from 2004-2010.

He's fine, and I won't discuss it beyond that.

Will he be back here or is it temporary?

I am happy to hear he is fine.

i think the timing of his departure just after the Mitch firing, whom I know VLF was a fan of, and Jim Buss situation has got to make you think he really had some ties with one or both of them, or was just a great fan of there's and was upset with what took place...

Either way, hope to see him back.

VLF has 0 ties or sources within the Lakers upper management. Almost everything he has claimed as fact has been wrong. Dude used to make Trump like assertions and then claim he never said that even when people quote his posts.

Oh yeah. He's known for that. Hope his health is all good though.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Basketball decisions will be made by basketball minds. I wish Mitch were still here.

This is going to bear close watching to see how the dynamics change. According to Mitch and Jim, and with no substantive evidence from anyone to the contrary, Jim had veto power but never used it, and that meant that Mitch ultimately made the calls either on his own or with Jim's agreement. How much of a collaborative team they were is unknown.

This is going to matter at the draft, since it was mitch and Mitch alone who sifted through the staff analysis and made the picks. There was possibly a lot of consensus on picks, but you gotta think the farther down the draft, the more divergence, and so they are going to have to replace mitch's mastery there. Neither Magic nor Pelinka strikes me as that guy, yet one or both are going to ultimately have to decide, no matter how collaborative they make the process.

Embolden is why I wish Mitch were still in the FO. He learned from one who I call a master at assessing talent, Jerry West.

We still have a West on staff. He doesn't have his fathers skills. Hopefully he's in contact with him and gets advice from time to time.

Which is why I want them to give Jerry West a consulting job. Mitch took a gamble selecting Russell over Okafor. I don't think Magic/Pelinka would have done it because the consensus was to take Okafor.
Trade and draft are two things I am worried about with this new front office. People are saying the scouting department hasn't changed so there won't be a problem but ultimately the GM has the final word. There was report saying the scouting department preferred Barbosa but Mitch selected Brian Cook in the end. Mitch has turned it around and has been drafting well in recent years. Pelinka might make that mistake again just because his inexperience.

Per John Ireland, Mitch, not Jim, signed Deng & Moz to those all-time terrible contracts. He should be fired just for that alone. But let's give credit to our scouting department also when it comes to Russell vs Okafor. Ryan West and Jesse Buss has played a role in our drafting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Which is why I want them to give Jerry West a consulting job.

Mitch took a gamble selecting Russell over Okafor. I don't think Magic/Pelinka would have done it because the consensus was to take Okafor.

We're in concert about a consultant. Look what he did in San Francisco. Jerry's getting a little long in tooth. I don't know if he has the enthusiasm to do the job his once did. His son being on staff he may be willing to teach him as he did Mitch.

I don't know who made the final decision on Oakafor, Russel. I was shocked we didn't take Jahlil. I'm Ol Skool, I think building should start in the middle and front court.

Golden State has changed the game. It's a small man's game right now but I believe it will revert to Ol Skool basketball. Shaq and Duncan type players will once again be focal.

I don't know about the scouting staff. We had a good one. Maybe Magic will rehire some of them.

This year is a wash. I've seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. This is the Bad and Ugly combined. I've been a Laker fan since 1960. This is the worse I've seeh.

Irony
Then along came Trump.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:

Knock it off

I was just messin around

I thought i was sarcastic enough...One time VLF and i got into it over jimbo with him preaching and praising Jim like a broken record. 2 hours later Jimbo was fired. he than went on his Jeanie rampage monologue hate..

I would have enjoyed to read that exchange.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: