OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Does anybody know why Deng is not around the team since all star break?

Mozgov is there even after being inactive

I'm guessing he's mentally not into the game right now so he asked the Lakers to give him some time off with his family.

he is highest paid laker. he better show up instead of throwing mental fits if they want him around

There is nothing wrong with not being mentally into the game, he's not broken down, and he will be back next year with a positive attitude...

can you share link to the not mentally into the game part?

Don't even waste your time. Some people are better off left ignored.

Why the bitter attitude? There is a good chance Deng was struggling with mental aspect of basketball as opposed to him being washed up...

so a veteran we hired for veteran leadership is going to display mental fatigue when he is highest paid?

i don't think so

I don't think he was mentally ready to play this year, sometimes a full off season can help change that... I'm not saying he was completely mentally done with basketball, but he might have been lacking motivation... and yeah I know it doesn't make sense considering his contract, but at least he's not Joakim Noah.

Yeah, that's why I said you're better left ignored.. as in most threads. It's like you say these asinine comments that are completely baseless and just some opinion you created for the sake of getting that post count up when in 5 mins you're not even going to remember what your point was.

Do you really think Deng did not come here ready to play? He's arguably the most professional player in the NBA with a stellar rep on and off the court. He was playing is ass off earlier in the year even if his numbers have dipped. His numbers dipping is a product of a few things but mostly b/c he's getting older and playing almost exclusively at SF when he should be a PF. Claiming he didn't show up this season mentally focused is total BS.

The team probably gave him the time to go home and relax instead of dragging him around the country while he doesn't play. It's almost a sign of respect from the FO not to subject him to that but let him tend to personal life.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth on what makes you think he was not mentally here this season... It's just not true.

Deng just does not fit in with our young core. I thought it was a good pick up regardless with veteran mentoring and other stuff but the contract was just terrible. And hopefully he does not take our young guys minutes next year. We will be a hopeless team again if we have to depend on Deng.

Heck if we have to depend on our young guys we are in trouble. I mean barring some great front office magic, so to speak. This team is probably atrocious next year.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

PG13 has the leverage to decide his fate. All he has to do is tell whatever team that he will not re-sign with them and that flushes Bird's leverage down the toilet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, just have a bad feeling the Celts will go all in for PG13 this summer. They'll first take a go at Hayward and if that doesn't pan out, I see them moving for PG13.

That 2018 Nets pick IMO won't be as valuable as I can see the Nets not being a doormat next year.

Bird is actually in a decent position, all things considered. He can play the Celtics and Lakers against each other, giving PG to whoever is willing to give up two of their best assets. Brown and the Nets pick from the Celtics or two of Ingram/Russell/#3 from the Lakers.

Right. That's my other fear, that Bird/Ainge will collude to help Bird out in emptying the Lakers young assets (assuming the Celts aren't genuinely trying to go after PG13).

Ugh yeah that's totally a possibility. Kinda wish we'd just trade for Jimmy Butler instead.

IMO Jimmy would require 2 of DLO/BI/Top 3 while PG13 likely just 1 of them.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
PG13 has the leverage to decide his fate. All he has to do is tell whatever team that he will not re-sign with them and that flushes Bird's leverage down the toilet.
Which is why the worst case scenario is Hayward decides to go to Boston. Then, George would probably not mind re-signing with them.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, just have a bad feeling the Celts will go all in for PG13 this summer. They'll first take a go at Hayward and if that doesn't pan out, I see them moving for PG13.

That 2018 Nets pick IMO won't be as valuable as I can see the Nets not being a doormat next year.

Bird is actually in a decent position, all things considered. He can play the Celtics and Lakers against each other, giving PG to whoever is willing to give up two of their best assets. Brown and the Nets pick from the Celtics or two of Ingram/Russell/#3 from the Lakers.

Right. That's my other fear, that Bird/Ainge will collude to help Bird out in emptying the Lakers young assets (assuming the Celts aren't genuinely trying to go after PG13).

Ugh yeah that's totally a possibility. Kinda wish we'd just trade for Jimmy Butler instead.

Celtics have so many future draft picks, it's hard to imagine us trumping them if both teams are set on offering only one prized asset.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Celtics have so many future draft picks, it's hard to imagine us trumping them if both teams are set on offering only one prized asset.

Yeah. It's not even close if the Celts really wanted PG13 they could get him. I think they wanted to see if they got Fultz/Ball and the ability to have Hayward first. Assuming not, then I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for PG13.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

I don't see why someone otherwise content to live in Indiana couldn't stomach living in Boston. And if the C's make the ECF, while the Lakers are praying their second worse record pays off in the lottery, Boston might not look so bad

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

Heck if we have to depend on our young guys we are in trouble. I mean barring some great front office magic, so to speak. This team is probably atrocious next year.

Lou was obviously important to the team's hot start and I don't know how the defense improves much next season, but I could see the young crew led by Russell and hopefully Ingram getting 25-30 wins in 2017-18 in a non-tank year. That's still a bottom-5 record, but it would at least be built entirely on the backs of the Laker babies.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Lou was obviously important to the team's hot start and I don't know how the defense improves much next season, but I could see the young crew led by Russell and hopefully Ingram getting 25-30 wins in 2017-18 in a non-tank year. That's still a bottom-5 record, but it would at least be built entirely on the backs of the Laker babies.

I think that's about right. Is that enough to lure a possible FA like PG13 in 2018? Not sure.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. It's not even close if the Celts really wanted PG13 they could get him. I think they wanted to see if they got Fultz/Ball and the ability to have Hayward first. Assuming not, then I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for PG13.

they gonna have to pay Hortford, Isaiah, Smart and Hayward/PG13. Their top pick and Jaylen Brown has some time but Bradley is an expiring contract next season. Don't mind picking off some of Celtics assets
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I think that's about right. Is that enough to lure a possible FA like PG13 in 2018? Not sure.

Not sure either, and it'd be partially dependent on how George perceives the upside of top-3 pick/Ingram/Russell. I think Russell in years 4-8 should be the best PG George has played with his entire career (and I'm a big George Hill fan). Overall it could be a fun up-and-coming team to play for under Coach Luke.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

and then on July3rd, Celtics sign Gordan Hayward and all the leverage is gone
or
PG's agent comes out and says he only signs extension with the lakers and Ainge doesn't even offer more then crowder
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

or
PG's agent comes out and says he only signs extension with the lakers and Ainge doesn't even offer more then crowder

I think what we're saying is if Hayward goes there, then Celts can go ALL IN and trade for PG13 to pair PG13 with Hayward/IT/Horford.

That is our nightmare scenario.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

or

I think what we're saying is if Hayward goes there, then Celts can go ALL IN and trade for PG13 to pair PG13 with Hayward/IT/Horford.

no it will last only 1 year. they will pay horford/hayward 30m/each IT will need another 30m and PG around 30m

so thats >120 committed to 4 players
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

or

I don't know if they go that far. That's three guys making 100 million. And then you have Thomas, who can't possibly be in their future plans at that point, now auditing for other teams. Not sure that helps the Ubuntu.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

or

That is why Ding wrote about Blake Griffin and why getting him might lead to other stars joining.. if what you wrote is true then Dings theory is crucial this summer.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

This is the exact same thing we were saying last year. None of the good teams, including OKC went through stretches like this.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

This is the exact same thing we were saying last year. None of the good teams, including OKC went through stretches like this.

Yup that's why one of our four assets, including pick, will be traded. Problem is, it's like opening a Pandora's box because say you acquire PG, well might as well go all in and not waste his prime, so the other kids get traded and/or sign Blake etc.

The team we have next year should be completely different and should be a legit 50 win team
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Rooting for Indy to not make playoffs. I think Chicago edges over Indy for 8th spot.. build schedule too easy
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Doing a quick roster evaluation on players who deserve to return and potential roles

1. DLo-Has looked to be a star guard ready to break out in year 3
2. JC-Picked up play in 2nd part. Back to 6th man role likely
3. Zubac-One of the best offensive centers already. His work in the summer will decide on if his defense will allow him to start next year
4. Randle-Showed solid improvements in year 2. Looking for more growth in year 3, mainly mentally.
5. Ingram-Has been amazing 2nd part of the year. Starting SF
6. Nick-On a decent deal (1Y8-10M), him and JC would provide a lot of scoring power of the bench
7. Nance-Lance is Lance
8. Nwaba-Has proven to atleast be a capable 3rd guard off the bench
9. Deng-His contract makes him unmoveable, expecting a rebound year.
10. Mozgov- See above. Could be our starting C if we don't get a big on the FA market (Ibaka, Bosh)
11. Brewer-Eh. Exp. Contract
12. Black-Has been in a major funk, if Zubac looks ready to take over the C spot, might be time to move on
13. TRob-For the Vets min, sure
14. Ennis-no
15. MWP-No

Zubac/Mozgov
Randle/Nance
Ingram/Deng/Brewer
??????/Nick/Nwaba
DLO/JC

With 2 picks within the first 33 regardless. Not many roster spots open without a trade. A Nance/Deng/Nick/JC 2nd unit excites me.

That leaves about 16M-22M depending on if we keep our draft pick and sign Nick to a 1y8M deal
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone see George's quote after the loss last night? He's steadily getting fed up in Indiana.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Yup that's why one of our four assets, including pick, will be traded. Problem is, it's like opening a Pandora's box because say you acquire PG, well might as well go all in and not waste his prime, so the other kids get traded and/or sign Blake etc.

The team we have next year should be completely different and should be a legit 50 win team

I agree this is why I don't understand the logic of only getting George and keeping most of our young assets? George will be in the same situation he is in Indiana.

If they happen to trade for PG, Lakers have to be all in at that point. My preference would be to go after Butler. Hope we get the number 1 pick as well. We can keep the pick if we would be willing to part ways with DLO, Jules, Clarkson, and Ingram.

So in short. Message to Lakers FO. Please do not trade for George unless you are going all in this summer. If not I am pretty certain he will leave. It is the reason he would leave Indy.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I agree this is why I don't understand the logic of only getting George and keeping most of our young assets? George will be in the same situation he is in Indiana.

If they happen to trade for PG, Lakers have to be all in at that point. My preference would be to go after Butler. Hope we get the number 1 pick as well. We can keep the pick if we would be willing to part ways with DLO, Jules, Clarkson, and Ingram.

So in short. Message to Lakers FO. Please do not trade for George unless you are going all in this summer. If not I am pretty certain he will leave. It is the reason he would leave Indy.

Yeah, I feel like they should only trade for George if they have Griffin or Hayward lined up as well. Hayward is my preference as I'm not a big Griffin fan. If that's the case, I get trading for George, even if it means losing a prime asset.

Otherwise, there's no point of gutting the roster just so he can get tired of losing in LA
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I just hope Magic can predict this scenario, but I also think he's too pre-occupied in getting a 'name' next season just to satisfy the fanbase.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

I am ok trading the top 3 pick & get all star in return. Keep all our current young guys.
We still have lot of cash left to sign other marquee player
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 430 of 1813
Jump to: