Celtics are now the #1 seed in the East
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Celtics are now the #1 seed in the East

Wow. They rebuilt well and are likely getting a top three pick at the end of this season as well.

http://www.nba.com/standings

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Barf. As much as I'd like to blame the defending champs for slacking off, the Celtics are due for a mid-50 win total, which is impressive.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Impressive but I still don't think they get past the Cavs in the ECF. But them getting the 1st round pick from the Nets will help them challenge the Cavs in the future.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Impressive but I still don't think they get past the Cavs in the ECF. But them getting the 1st round pick from the Nets will help them challenge the Cavs in the future.

Their main problem is that their best players are Isaiah Thomas and Al Horford, neither of who are top 20 players.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Their main problem is that their best players are Isaiah Thomas and Al Horford, neither of who are top 20 players.

Durant would have been a game changer for them.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

This means nothing when LeBron will make his 7th consecutive NBA Finals appearance.

#1 seed is irrelevant to a non LeBron team(as a Pacers fan I know this)
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

And they still would have had Jaylen Brown and the Brooklyn pick to try to add Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

Thomas
Butler
Durant
Horford
Johnson

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I feel they won't trade a Top 2 pick(Fultz/Ball). But they will either sign Hayward as FA or get PG 13/Butler using Nets 2018 pick around the trade deadline.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

This is not right.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject:

They have given the Warriors a lot of trouble the last 2 seasons. And Cleveland seems more vulnerable this year compared to the previous 2 seasons.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
I feel they won't trade a Top 2 pick(Fultz/Ball). But they will either sign Hayward as FA or get PG 13/Butler using Nets 2018 pick around the trade deadline.

Wait, they have the Nets 2018 pick as well in addition to the one they have this year?... Aren't you only allowed to trade non-consecutive picks?...

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently they have the right to swap picks with Brooklyn this year and next year's Brooklyn pick is conveyed outright. All of this from the KG/Pierce/Terry trade from all those years ago. The #3 pick from this past draft used on Jaylen Brown was also from Brooklyn.

So basically that trade potentially cost Brooklyn three top three picks (2016, 2017, and 2018). What a stupid front office.
Quote:

BROOKLYN, NY – The Brooklyn Nets have acquired Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and D.J. White from the Boston Celtics in exchange for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and three first round draft picks (2014, 2016 and 2018), as well as the right to swap first round picks in 2017, Nets General Manager Billy King has announced.

“Today, the basketball gods smiled on the Nets," said Nets Principal Owner Mikhail Prokhorov. "With the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, we have achieved a great balance on our roster between veteran stars and young talents. This team will be dazzling to watch, and tough to compete against."

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/nets-acquire-nba-champions-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-and-jason-terry

Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Wait, they have the Nets 2018 pick as well in addition to the one they have this year?... Aren't you only allowed to trade non-consecutive picks?...

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently they have the right to swap picks with Brooklyn this year and next year's Brooklyn pick is conveyed outright. All of this from the KG/Pierce/Terry trade from all those years ago. The #3 pick from this past draft used on Jaylen Brown was also from Brooklyn.

So basically that trade potentially cost Brooklyn three top three picks (2016, 2017, and 2018). What a stupid front office.
Quote:

BROOKLYN, NY – The Brooklyn Nets have acquired Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and D.J. White from the Boston Celtics in exchange for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and three first round draft picks (2014, 2016 and 2018), as well as the right to swap first round picks in 2017, Nets General Manager Billy King has announced.

“Today, the basketball gods smiled on the Nets," said Nets Principal Owner Mikhail Prokhorov. "With the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, we have achieved a great balance on our roster between veteran stars and young talents. This team will be dazzling to watch, and tough to compete against."

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/nets-acquire-nba-champions-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-and-jason-terry

Final straw, guy was a moron
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Actually it puts them in a great position to attract a top 20 player in free agency. What they have is what we hope to reach in the next few years.

Last edited by Wino on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Would've been so pissed if he signed with them.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

Billy King
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's official. They're heading into the playoffs as the top seed.

Can't believe it. They'll probably go to the Eastern Conference Finals as well.

First round: Chicago
Semis: Washington / Atlanta

Hope John Wall tears them a new one. Thanks a lot Cleveland.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Finally the Eastern playoffs will be interesting to watch! I'm rooting for WAS.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Boston may be heading toward a first-round ouster. The gap in point differential between Boston and Chicago is narrower than any first-round matchup other than Utah/Clippers.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

they have zero chance to beat the cavs. Cavs in 5 or 6.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

They don't look like any world beater, but I'll given Ainge and Stevens credit for where they are, having taking smarter risks and making smarter moves than the Lakers have since their last championship drives. Oh well, we still stink and they don't. Bitter taste.
SwissLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They can follow the Pistons 2003-04 and 2004-05 model and win. 5 solid starters, great defense, and great coaching.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject:

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what would be worse for me, the Celtics winning the title, or Lebron winning another title. Gotta give the Celtics a lot of credit though for being back in this position just a few years after breaking up their big 4.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Celtics are playing with house money now....any experience they gain in the playoffs will be useful for the future. I would be scared of them once they attract a big name free agent in the offseason and add that draft pick they get from the Nets.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

It's looking bad for them right now. Celtics are honestly the worst number 1 seed the NBA has had in at least 10 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: