What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?

Anthem Blue Cross has recently climbed into the #1 spot for me... $2,700 a month in premiums and yet denies every claim, or at least makes it a huge hassle.

#2 goes to Time Warner Cable for not even pretending to care about its customers.

#3 goes to United Airlines. Literally every time I've ever used them, something has gone wrong-- everything from being harassed by a flight attendant while sleeping to having a flight canceled an hour before take-off to them.

Honorable mention: Apple, for charging far more than its competitors and then not providing commensurate customer service. I feel like I pay a premium for higher quality products but don't actually get them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

1. All Health Insurance companies
2. All OTA's (online travel agencies) those companies are monsters
3. ALL credit card companies or processing company that charge a percentage processing fee for the business owner everytime the consumer uses a credit card. that should be illegal. it should be no fee at all. The Credit Card companies are getting rich from both ends. the interest from the consumer and fees from the business owner.

everyone else is somewhat manageable
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

1. Health Insurance
2. Utilities
3. Airlines (except Delta, Southwest, and Virgin)

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

So is it all health insurance companies that are horrible, or just Anthem in particular?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So is it all health insurance companies that are horrible, or just Anthem in particular?

All. I've heard Humana is better than most but it's basically least worst in a terrible lot.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Not a company, but any place where you have to wait in line where they call you by a letter followed by a number....usually a place like the DMV.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?

CandyCanes wrote:
Anthem Blue Cross has recently climbed into the #1 spot for me... $2,700 a month in premiums and yet denies every claim, or at least makes it a huge hassle.

#2 goes to Time Warner Cable for not even pretending to care about its customers.

#3 goes to United Airlines. Literally every time I've ever used them, something has gone wrong-- everything from being harassed by a flight attendant while sleeping to having a flight canceled an hour before take-off to them.

Honorable mention: Apple, for charging far more than its competitors and then not providing commensurate customer service. I feel like I pay a premium for higher quality products but don't actually get them.

How the heck does a healthy kid your age have 2700 a month premiums? Are you getting daily rose petal and platinum enemas or something?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Private companies:

Frontier - garbage customer service. The verizon transition was mayhem, and I'm currently in an unresolved billing issue, and every service rep I've communicated with made murder seem a little less sinister

United Airlines - The last 3 times I flew United, my checked baggage was placed on a different flight and each time I had to wait >24h for it to be delivered to me while I was traveling. That's 24 hours, each time, without my clothes and toiletries.

Expedia - Ohhh man, wanna turn into a misanthrope instantly? Try to make special meal requests for a transcontinental flight, and then arrange for a courtesy wheelchair at a distant connecting airport for an elderly relatives. A week before the first flight, double-check that these requests went through. After you find out that they didn't, try,and try, and try like hell to get through to someone over the phone (e-mails? fugedaboudit) during your busy work week to resolve the issue. But before each phone call, wait at least 48 minutes on hold...48 if you're lucky. Then, once you finally get someone on the horn, speak as clearly and loudly as you can so that the [Bangladeshi, Filipino] moron on the other end can understand you. Meanwhile, expect 80% of what they say to be lost to sub-lunar landing audio transmission. Repeat process until you hit the lottery and speak to someone who isn't a total waste of carbon.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

1. Cigna
2. Cigna
3. Cigna
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

1. Multi-level marketing

2. Tow-truck companies

3. Apple, Inc. - I don't know how people still continue to overpay for Apple products.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
1. Cigna
2. Cigna
3. Cigna

Worse than Anthem?... Got any horror stories?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How the heck does a healthy kid your age have 2700 a month premiums? Are you getting daily rose petal and platinum enemas or something?

Under 26.

Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Car dealerships. I never took a car out of a dealership but I've been hearing from many others. Sounds like a rip-off.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

AOL back in the day when they were an ISP. I remember ma spending an hour arguing over cancelling our subscription.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
AOL back in the day when they were an ISP. I remember ma spending an hour arguing over cancelling our subscription.

I think any type of subscription service they try to hang onto you as long as possible. Same for cable or satellite companies. They send you over to cancellations department and try to entice you with their last ditch offer to get you to stay....pain in the ass if you are trying to get rid of the service.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hammett wrote:

I think any type of subscription service they try to hang onto you as long as possible. Same for cable or satellite companies. They send you over to cancellations department and try to entice you with their last ditch offer to get you to stay....pain in the ass if you are trying to get rid of the service.

Washington Sports Club (chain gym in DC and the Northeast) was horrible with this.

lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

1. TWC/Charter
2. SoCalGas
3. Any company that has managed to get a government based monopoly set up.

These companies have the worst customer service, no incentive to change, and the right to take advantage of customers by often being the only show in town, leading to deteriorated service at inflated prices.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

My experience with TWC is mostly for internet and for a little bit a landline phone. They were pretty good I guess looking back. When my promotion periods would end they wouldn't hike up the price too much. They would at least work with me somewhat.

Now that my last TWC promotion period is up it makes me appreciate them even more. Now I have to deal with Spectrum/Charter. They don't even seem to want to have a conversation about giving me any type of deal other than the basic high non promotion price.

They have a monopoly in my area and I have no other option.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
1. Health Insurance
2. Utilities

Pretty much this. Although American Airlines is the only carrier I won't fly. I'll add Enterprise Rental Car to the list as well. I don't have the patience for all the steps and reps involved in the simple task of getting into a car after a flight.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
rwongega wrote:
1. Health Insurance
2. Utilities

Pretty much this. Although American Airlines is the only carrier I won't fly. I'll add Enterprise Rental Car to the list as well. I don't have the patience for all the steps and reps involved in the simple task of getting into a car after a flight.

Why don't you just use Uber or a taxi service?

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
rwongega wrote:
1. Health Insurance
2. Utilities

Why don't you just use Uber or a taxi service?

When I travel for work I need a rental car.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He had a preexisting condition: HYP Rejection Syndrome. Very sad.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
rwongega wrote:
1. Health Insurance
2. Utilities

I agree. AA is the worst. I flew them only twice in the last few years because they were the only ones with acceptable flight schedules in and out of Philly at the time. Both times, they lost luggage, the seats were cramped even in exit rows, the attendants were (bleep), one time my ticket was scanned invalid at the gate, and flight delays smorgasbord.

Haven't had many problems with Enterprise though. I had a lost reservation with Hertz once though.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

Aren't all airlines the same?
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

1. Monsanto

2. Bayer

3. Parmacia
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: