OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Nice seeing Nick give the two hand shove after the hard foul
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
What if we don't pay Nick 8-10 mill next year and fork over a little more money say 12-15 for Tim Hardaway Jr.

Younger , more upside , fits into timeline of our young guys.

Meh. I only like keeping Nick next year if it's a salary punt
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:

Good player. Just doesnt fit our timeline :(
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

I've come to the conclusion that Greg Monroe just does not like the Shwaggy Pee
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject:

so, Nick Young is allergic to fouls.. Brogdon didn't even foul him that hard... caused Russell to get kicked out of the game
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

I would have liked to see Nick moved at the deadline for the reasons outlined above. I just don't like the idea of giving him a big multiyear contract when he got lazy after his last one and he's getting up in the years. If he takes a home town discounts I wouldn't mind seeing him back though, I just worry his market value is going to be out of that range. He's played well.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
so, Nick Young is allergic to fouls.. Brogdon didn't even foul him that hard... caused Russell to get kicked out of the game

Russell caused himself to get kicked out of the game. Right or wrong it was his choice.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Yeah he lost his mind on that. Wasn't a hard foul at all, with how much ball Brogdon got it was barely even a foul.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Yeah he lost his mind on that. Wasn't a hard foul at all, with how much ball Brogdon got it was barely even a foul.

yep... Nick's reaction was absurd...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Russell caused himself to get kicked out of the game. Right or wrong it was his choice.

I agree on that, although had Nick not been too prima donna about that little contact, things would not have escalated

as for Russell, I think he realized his mistake getting into the mix, because after shoving Monroe he kinda backed away... tough luck, refs can now review things before ejecting players.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Drifts wrote:

His reaction was an over reaction, over the top, and I'm glad it's over. Can you imagine what would have happened had he played when teams like Detroit's Bad Boys & Chicago regularly dished out those kind of fouls?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Drifts wrote:

His reaction was an over reaction, over the top, and I'm glad it's over. Can you imagine what would have happened had he played when teams like Detroit's Bad Boys & Chicago regularly dished out those kind of fouls?

I agree 100%... actually, I based my observation on that era, the bad boys vs the bulls in the 80's, Lakers-Celtics wars...etc...
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I agree 100%... actually, I based my observation on that era, the bad boys vs the bulls in the 80's, Lakers-Celtics wars...etc...
Actually in that era his "overreaction" would have been normal...and the play would have just continued.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

I think it was somewhat calculated. After the last few losses by 30, you have to think Walton talked to the team about "not getting pushed around" or something similar and I think Young was perhaps just executing the plan when the chance presented itself.

Much like a coach intentionally getting a T.

Lakers needed to show some fight, even if it was calculated as it is embarrassing to just get punked game in and game out.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

If Nick had played tonight I'm pretty sure we would have won. I know tank fans breathed a sigh of relief when he turned up sick.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

He's not playing much, but Lakers' Nick Young has been taking care of business

Quote:

Every time fans at Staples Center chant his name, or “We want Swag-gy,” Nick Young motions for them to quiet down. He has dubbed himself the Most Hated Player, after all.

“You know [now] I’m most loved,” Young said. “The hate is what made them love me in the end. You go through ups and downs.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20170330-story.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young ‘hasn’t decided’ whether or not he’ll opt out of his contract

Will the hometown product remain in Los Angeles?

Quote:
During the first half of the Los Angeles Lakers’ season, Nick Young was one of their most valuable players.

Young was not only a willing defender who often took on the toughest wing assignments for the team, but he also averaged 13.8 points per game while knocking down 44.1 percent of his three-pointers to space the floor in 51 appearances for the team before the All-Star break.

Since then, Young has played in just nine games as the Lakers continue to look at younger options in their backcourt as they finish out the season.

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ✔ @taniaganguli
Asked Nick Young if he plans to opt-out of his contract this summer. Said he hasn't decided, but would love to be here/see young guys' grow.
8:06 PM - 30 Mar 2017

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/3/30/15132820/la-lakers-free-agency-nick-young-opt-out-of-his-contract-money-salary-stats-shooting
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Nick Young ‘hasn’t decided’ whether or not he’ll opt out of his contract

Will the hometown product remain in Los Angeles?

Quote:
During the first half of the Los Angeles Lakers’ season, Nick Young was one of their most valuable players.

Young was not only a willing defender who often took on the toughest wing assignments for the team, but he also averaged 13.8 points per game while knocking down 44.1 percent of his three-pointers to space the floor in 51 appearances for the team before the All-Star break.

Since then, Young has played in just nine games as the Lakers continue to look at younger options in their backcourt as they finish out the season.

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ✔ @taniaganguli
Asked Nick Young if he plans to opt-out of his contract this summer. Said he hasn't decided, but would love to be here/see young guys' grow.
8:06 PM - 30 Mar 2017

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/3/30/15132820/la-lakers-free-agency-nick-young-opt-out-of-his-contract-money-salary-stats-shooting

I doubt the market for Nick is very high. Teams know what he is: a volume shooter who can get hot who is mostly mediocre at everything else. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he opts in since I doubt he gets offers much more than what he's getting now, and maybe he gets offers for less.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Noted Lance got 3-years, $12 million from the Pacers. Nick has the shooting gene which has more value than any particular skill Lance has. But I think they're both sub MLE level guards with baggage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Noted Lance got 3-years, $12 million from the Pacers. Nick has the shooting gene which has more value than any particular skill Lance has. But I think they're both sub MLE level guards with baggage.

I believe Nick will opt in and stay home.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

I think Nick opts out as it could be his last big contract in the NBA and a few teams could use a player like him. He's had a good season and isn't he shooting a career high for threes this year?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Nick doesnt want to leave LA, but if he wants long term security, he will have to. If I'm the Lakers, I would offer him a 30% raise from 5.6M to 8M in the PO year.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
I think Nick opts out as it could be his last big contract in the NBA and a few teams could use a player like him. He's had a good season and isn't he shooting a career high for threes this year?

He's had a great season, but around the league I get the impression it's viewed as an anomaly. No value at the trade deadline whatsoever.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I believe Nick will opt in and stay home.

I 100% agree....Nick would rather play for $5.6 Million and remain in LA than $8 or $9 Million in a cold north eastern city. The only way I see Nick opting out is if he already had a deal in place with the Lakers for like $7 Million over 3 years....but I do not see the Lakers losing that cap space for 2018 unless they trade for someone this summer.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

He's had a great season, but around the league I get the impression it's viewed as an anomaly. No value at the trade deadline whatsoever.

I think a lot of that had to do with not wanting to give something up for a guy you're renting for a third of the season who may not want to be there. And Nick definitely plays according to his happiness.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 75 of 83
Jump to: