Jahlil Okafor (knee) has been ruled out for rest of the year.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Jahlil Okafor (knee) has been ruled out for rest of the year.

I believe they're still want to trade him. I don't think they want to risk further injury that would lessen his value. If Embiid doesn't heal properly he'll still be there.

LINK

Quote:
The writing has been on the wall for Okafor all month as his troublesome right knee just couldn't get right.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Houston pick and Tarik Black for Okafor?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm skeptical about that trade. Like the pick but I like Black's game.

I also like Jahlil's game, don't know about his professionalism. I don't think he gave Philly a 100 percent.

I'm of a mind he wanted to be a Laker and has not gotten over it.

I thought drafting Russel instead of Okafor was a mistake.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I'll be surprised if he's in the league in 5 years....looking more and more like a draft bust.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Philly fans hate him.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Sixers are cursed. Years of tanking can do that to you.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

We aren't too far behind.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

If anything it's to collect a asset... Okafor has more value then the pick or black.. for example Okafor can be valued by teams in a big trade as a piece they can use... the same can't be said about Black or the pick.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

If anything it's to collect a asset... Okafor has more value then the pick or black.. for example Okafor can be valued by teams in a big trade as a piece they can use... the same can't be said about Black or the pick.

I think you may be overestimating Okafor's value. I could be wrong, but I cannot imagine that GMs are salivating after watching his clueless demeanor on the court.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

I think you may be overestimating Okafor's value. I could be wrong, but I cannot imagine that GMs are salivating after watching his clueless demeanor on the court.

It's about choosing the better talent/asset.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
danzag wrote:

We aren't too far behind.

We are just bad. We never did it on purpose, at least not until we didn't had any chances of making the playoffs.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

Put him on San Antonio and his value would skyrocket. I'm not too confident with our development team on the other hand
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

Put him on San Antonio and his value would skyrocket. I'm not too confident with our development team on the other hand

Would it really though? Not sure if he fits with what they do on offense. Basically he's a good back to the basket scorer, but doesn't do much of anything else well. The bigs on that team that get PT can either pass and spread the floor, or play D and rebound. Oak does none of those things.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

Spurs wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Raijin wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

Spurs wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole

+1.

He's the antithesis of what the Spurs do.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

If Okafor has more value than the pick and Black, why would they trade him to us for the pick and Black?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject:

Is Zubac as good as Okafor right now?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

If Okafor has more value than the pick and Black, why would they trade him to us for the pick and Black?

Cause, Okafor doesn't seem to be fond of Philly and I read some stories about Okafor not being happy...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?

Cause, Okafor doesn't seem to be fond of Philly and I read some stories about Okafor not being happy...

We're in concert in that thinking. I've read his statements saying he wanted to be a Laker.

I think he was disappointed the Lakers didn't take him instead of D'Angelo, I was.

I think we would have seen a different Okafor if the Lakers had drafted him. I too think Luke would have had a profound affect on him. Scott, not so much.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he wound up in LA next season. He and Zubac would be a great 1 2 punch. Problem, Mozgov & Deng contracts.

Another problem aforementioned, we need some vets. To much youth may not work in the long run.

Magic and Pelinka have to do some serious roster building to do mixing youth and veterans.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

you gotta get off that jahlil train jodeke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Just saying the NBA is a business. What would Okafor have done if the Lakers weren't even in a position to take him? If he's honestly still depressed about not being selected by the Lakers, he's gotta move on.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
you gotta get off that jahlil train jodeke

I like the kid. I think he has potential. I'm not looking at him as becoming a super star. I just think he has a better game than he's shown.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Okafor on draft night, but I'll admit I was wrong. Karl Anthony Towns was the real prize of the draft but Russell was a nice consolation. I'm not sure how salvagable Okafor is considering he lost in a 3-way contest for the job. I don't even think Okafor would have a spot on the Lakers considering the centers we have on the roster.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Just saying the NBA is a business. What would Okafor have done if the Lakers weren't even in a position to take him? If he's honestly still depressed about not being selected by the Lakers, he's gotta move on.

I know. It doesn't bode well for his professionalism. Ever been to Philly?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: