Losing a top 3 draft pick is worse than losing in the NBA Finals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Too many people trust the process. A process that has yet to be proven successful in the NBA.

I assume you think the 76'ers are the first team to be bad, get a some good draft picks, and either develop them or trade them to go on and be good?

Heard Daryl Morey recently speaking about it......out of the 1000's of simulations they have ran....tanking for top picks....or the process is the only method of building a quality team that produced consistent successful results.....but I am sure once or twice those methods for those stuck in the 80's would still work.

I think Sixers are bad and they will go on to be bad, regardless of what they try to do.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Too many people trust the process. A process that has yet to be proven successful in the NBA.

I assume you think the 76'ers are the first team to be bad, get a some good draft picks, and either develop them or trade them to go on and be good?

Heard Daryl Morey recently speaking about it......out of the 1000's of simulations they have ran....tanking for top picks....or the process is the only method of building a quality team that produced consistent successful results.....but I am sure once or twice those methods for those stuck in the 80's would still work.

So who has it worked for? Maybe 1 title for the Warriors. Not for Cleveland or the Spurs or Heat or the Lakers. And certainly not for Daryl Morehead. He is having success due to trades and FA signings.

And shouldn't Morey win one title before he tells us what the only formula for consistently building teams is?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So who has it worked for? Maybe 1 title for the Warriors. Not for Cleveland or the Spurs or Heat or the Lakers. And certainly not for Daryl Morehead. He is having success due to trades and FA signings.

And shouldn't Morey win one title before he tells us what the only formula for consistently building teams is?

I don't know if Morey cares about titles. If we go by the standard of just building a "winning" team, I can definitely see how tanking could give you the best opportunity of becoming that. Then again...the Rockets got there through a trade so who knows.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't know if Morey cares about titles. If we go by the standard of just building a "winning" team, I can definitely see how tanking could give you the best opportunity of becoming that. Then again...the Rockets got there through a trade so who knows.

The reality is, if you don't care about contending, you can probably build and maintain a middle of the pack team that is almost always a threat to be in the playoffs and almost never in the tank battle.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I think Sixers are bad and they will go on to be bad, regardless of what they try to do.

If embiid wasnt made of glass him saric simmons and whatever guard they draft this year is would be a HUGE problem for the league
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Spurs basically tanked to get Duncan. Had some luck with Robinson injury.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Spurs basically tanked to get Duncan. Had some luck with Robinson injury.

Yup, and then signed a washed up Nique to stat pad and grease the tank that season. Pop was no dummy.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If embiid wasnt made of glass him saric simmons and whatever guard they draft this year is would be a HUGE problem for the league

If Embiid weren't made of glass, he wouldn't have dropped to the 6ers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If Embiid weren't made of glass, he wouldn't have dropped to the 6ers.

If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses on the ground, and if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

This thread pretty well sums up the state of the Lakers.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Don't be over reacted. It is good to have another top 3 pick, but we have already had enough young talent and should give them enough room to grow. When Westbrook and harden play alongside KD, they couldn't have MVP level performance like this year. Ingram and Russell are all star level talent and leaders of this team and could be 25+ and 20+ ppg players. We have to give them enough room to grow. Randle and Zubac are capable starters while Clarkson and Nance are good bench players. I don't see a franchise player level talent in this class. So it is nice to have but not can't miss. It is more important to see the growth of our existing young talent
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

At this thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: