Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

Hey all,

My latest at Bleacher Report: Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

Is he a point guard or shooting guard? Does it matter? Who is a good fit in the draft next to him, assuming Lakers keep their 1st.

Also, Nwaba, Ingram, Swaggy (Nick is so close to the Lakers' all-time 3-point record but he can't get time on the court)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699568-lakers-home-stretch-is-about-ping-pong-balls-and-dangelo-russell-experiment

Thanks,

Eric
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

I know the new FO is fond of the young core, but will they move them in a trade ..if it improves the team?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I think Jackson should be on your list as well. We could use a good defender like him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I probably should know this but I don't, if the Lakers do keep their 3rd or higher draft pick (and thus avoid having to give the 4th pick or lower) to the 76r's this off season..

what happens?
Does it become an unprotected pick the following season?
Or is it still top 3 protected?
Or does it convert to two 2nd round picks?

anyone know?
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

In other news, Zubac, DLO, Clarksen, and the entire team except for MWP, has been shut down for the season.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I probably should know this but I don't, if the Lakers do keep their 3rd or higher draft pick (and thus avoid having to give the 4th pick or lower) to the 76r's this off season..

what happens?

anyone know?

If they keep the top 3 pick this year, next years 1st rounder goes to Philly with NO protection and Orlando receives the Lakers 2nd round pick in this years and next years drafts.

If they lose the top 3 pick this year, they have their own 1st rounder next year, their own 2nd rounder this year and next but lose their 1st rounder in 2019 to Orlando.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

emplay wrote:
Hey all,

My latest at Bleacher Report: Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

Is he a point guard or shooting guard? Does it matter? Who is a good fit in the draft next to him, assuming Lakers keep their 1st.

Also, Nwaba, Ingram, Swaggy (Nick is so close to the Lakers' all-time 3-point record but he can't get time on the court)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699568-lakers-home-stretch-is-about-ping-pong-balls-and-dangelo-russell-experiment

Thanks,

Eric

So can anybody send a memo to TWC to stop talking about pride and effort every time they lose? The show has become unwatchable to me. I have it on season pass, but I just delete it now. They don't address the elephant in the room, but slam the players when they lose. I'd like to hear Worthy address the elephant and say something like, "I know they can't afford these wins, but I'm ant-tanking, and I don't like how management has compromised this roster." Be fair and speak out against management if you're "really" anti-tanking.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers' Home Stretch Is About Ping-Pong Balls and D'Angelo Russell Experiment

Runway8 wrote:
emplay wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks,

Eric

So can anybody send a memo to TWC to stop talking about pride and effort every time they lose? The show has become unwatchable to me. I have it on season pass, but I just delete it now. They don't address the elephant in the room, but slam the players when they lose. I'd like to hear Worthy address the elephant and say something like, "I know they can't afford these wins, but I'm ant-tanking, and I don't like how management has compromised this roster." Be fair and speak out against management if you're "really" anti-tanking.

I agree. I hate it when Luke or analysts question player efforts when they were trotting out whack lineups and expect them to do well with these lineups. It's unfair. The players know they are tanking. They're all playing for the next contracts I'm sure they're trying to play hard out there.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I am guilty of it also. I know we are tanking, but when I watch the defense any of the lineups that is playing, it is still irritating.

Until I remember it is better to lose these games.

Have to figure out a way to get better, we have 21 wins this season with 7 games left....reasonable to say we maybe get to 23 wins.

And that is after win totals of 17, 21, 27 the previous 3 years.

Magic and Pelinka have a major challenge in front of them as the franchise has cratered.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to you guys, runway, for talking reality. The thing I hate the most, is when the commentators or players say they have to learn to "trust" each other on D, or whatever, such BS. Or when they interview ad nauseam after a loss, guys like Randall and Ingram respond like little kids busted for stealing candy.
Having said that, due to the huge money going to the Lakers org, everyone on TWC has to be PC, so I don't blame Worthy too much.
I really hope they get the pick, because if they don't, this tank will just be another faulty chapter of this once great franchise, but hey, the fans will still buy tickets, so they can go to the game and play with their phones....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am guilty of it also. I know we are tanking, but when I watch the defense any of the lineups that is playing, it is still irritating.

Until I remember it is better to lose these games.

Have to figure out a way to get better, we have 21 wins this season with 7 games left....reasonable to say we maybe get to 23 wins.

And that is after win totals of 17, 21, 27 the previous 3 years.

Magic and Pelinka have a major challenge in front of them as the franchise has cratered.

I agree.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

what happens?

anyone know?

If they keep the top 3 pick this year, next years 1st rounder goes to Philly with NO protection and Orlando receives the Lakers 2nd round pick in this years and next years drafts.

If they lose the top 3 pick this year, they have their own 1st rounder next year, their own 2nd rounder this year and next but lose their 1st rounder in 2019 to Orlando.

Thanks for that. Sounds to me like our best option is to keep the pick this year since we've already stunk it up to the tune of a (possible) Top 3 lottery. Let's see growth and hopefully as poor of a pick as possible to send PHI next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: