Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Andre Ward Interviews Nate Diaz. Nate is obviously not well spoken but this was a fun segment IMO

Yeah. Just watched that myself. Dre and the Skrap Pack go way back. The Diaz Bros aren't articulate but they speak their hearts and have depth. I like them both a lot. Agree with the assessment of the potential half a billion dollar match up though.

Agreed man. I'm like when we get athletes interviewing other athletes ant they actually have the skills to do so.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Conor might gas out in this 12 round fight by the 7th round. Can see him getting knocked out after that, even though Mayweather isn't a power puncher.. Just think conditioning may be a huge factor there

Earlier in Floyd's career he could knock people out. Until he decided it was better to preserve himself. Now he has the brittle hands issue though. Do you think Floyd would tire McGregor out and then give it his all and be aggressive toward the end of the fight to go for the KO? This would likely be his last fight, so I wonder if he would go all out

Gassed or not, I don't think Conor is going to get knocked out by Floyd. 4 oz vs, 12-16 oz gloves. I'd actually bet a huge amount on a prop bet that ain't happening.
yeah Conor's got a good chin too.

He'd have to be REALLY tired, then anything can happen IMO

True but the fatigue Conor faced is overstated. There were multiple reasons why he gassed. It's a fact he was on antibiotics in the first fight. Secondly, I know you train so try throwing punches to a target (even a heavy bag) 5 inches higher. That is WAY more tiring. Third, he wasn't just swinging, he was swinging for the KO shot for 2 rounds straight with high volume. Fourth, Nate was constantly marching forward. Throw 100 kill shots over two 5 minute periods while the opponent is also looking to constantly pressure... None of these things will be a factor against Floyd much less the 3 minute versus 5 minute round. In the second fight against Nate, he gassed in the 3rd IIRC and caught his second wind. Make no mistake, Conor is going to get pieced up but he won't fatigue imo. Especially against a defensive smaller guy with pillow hands, big fat gloves, 3 minute rounds and no threat of a takedown.

In any event, I think Conor might have to do something out of left field. I don't know, maybe when they get caught together in a clinch, if I were Conor, I'd "accidentally" judo toss him to the ground. Not hard mind you but just a little hip movement. I'd throw my hands up and go "what the food did I do?". Maybe do it once or twice early. He's going to have to do something crazy to rattle Floyd, that's the only chance he's got. Conor's has just enough crazy in him to try something like that.

All great points on the fatigue! The heavier gloves may play a factor too, but for the reasons you stated he should have the wind. I could see him dropping his hands if he gets gassed, but it's doubtful Floyd would really pursue to make him pay for that.

Other people have brought up the Judo Toss or even kick tactic for McGregor to get Floyd rattled and start thinking about other things. I forget what youtube video I was watching, but they mentioned all of that stuff will likely be written into the contract. Where if McGregor attempts anything like that he'll be DQ'd and forfeit money. Someone even said he could be arrested for assault if he does something as blatant as a kick to the head. Idk if any of that is true, but I think he could get away with a quick toss or trip if they get wrapped up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Andre Ward Interviews Nate Diaz. Nate is obviously not well spoken but this was a fun segment IMO

Yeah. Just watched that myself. Dre and the Skrap Pack go way back. The Diaz Bros aren't articulate but they speak their hearts and have depth. I like them both a lot. Agree with the assessment of the potential half a billion dollar match up though.

Agreed man. I'm like when we get athletes interviewing other athletes ant they actually have the skills to do so.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Conor might gas out in this 12 round fight by the 7th round. Can see him getting knocked out after that, even though Mayweather isn't a power puncher.. Just think conditioning may be a huge factor there

Earlier in Floyd's career he could knock people out. Until he decided it was better to preserve himself. Now he has the brittle hands issue though. Do you think Floyd would tire McGregor out and then give it his all and be aggressive toward the end of the fight to go for the KO? This would likely be his last fight, so I wonder if he would go all out

Gassed or not, I don't think Conor is going to get knocked out by Floyd. 4 oz vs, 12-16 oz gloves. I'd actually bet a huge amount on a prop bet that ain't happening.
yeah Conor's got a good chin too.

He'd have to be REALLY tired, then anything can happen IMO

True but the fatigue Conor faced is overstated. There were multiple reasons why he gassed. It's a fact he was on antibiotics in the first fight. Secondly, I know you train so try throwing punches to a target (even a heavy bag) 5 inches higher. That is WAY more tiring. Third, he wasn't just swinging, he was swinging for the KO shot for 2 rounds straight with high volume. Fourth, Nate was constantly marching forward. Throw 100 kill shots over two 5 minute periods while the opponent is also looking to constantly pressure... None of these things will be a factor against Floyd much less the 3 minute versus 5 minute round. In the second fight against Nate, he gassed in the 3rd IIRC and caught his second wind. Make no mistake, Conor is going to get pieced up but he won't fatigue imo. Especially against a defensive smaller guy with pillow hands, big fat gloves, 3 minute rounds and no threat of a takedown.

In any event, I think Conor might have to do something out of left field. I don't know, maybe when they get caught together in a clinch, if I were Conor, I'd "accidentally" judo toss him to the ground. Not hard mind you but just a little hip movement. I'd throw my hands up and go "what the food did I do?". Maybe do it once or twice early. He's going to have to do something crazy to rattle Floyd, that's the only chance he's got. Conor's has just enough crazy in him to try something like that.

All great points on the fatigue! The heavier gloves may play a factor too, but for the reasons you stated he should have the wind. I could see him dropping his hands if he gets gassed, but it's doubtful Floyd would really pursue to make him pay for that.

Other people have brought up the Judo Toss or even kick tactic for McGregor to get Floyd rattled and start thinking about other things. I forget what youtube video I was watching, but they mentioned all of that stuff will likely be written into the contract. Where if McGregor attempts anything like that he'll be DQ'd and forfeit money. Someone even said he could be arrested for assault if he does something as blatant as a kick to the head. Idk if any of that is true, but I think he could get away with a quick toss or trip if they get wrapped up

The kick is going to be too obvious. The judo toss though...hips attached, a slight twist one way of a few inches ...not sure if he can sell it but it's something that could easily appear to be an accident.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

Great points about the potential overstating of McG's gassing, JB. And maybe you're right. However, I tend to think the issue does have a good chance of happening because Conor's going to have to try to try to make it a brawl at points to give himself a shot and that's going to take a bit of a frenzied pace. Watching those snippets of McG spar with that bum Artem Lobov, the holes in the Irishman's defense would be like fish-in-a-barrel type target practice for May. After being laser scope counter punched, he's going to eventually start eating jabs and that nasty straight right from Floyd and I think the mental fatigue that comes from not being able to land clean shots and being dissected could eventually lead to a Hatton type conclusion. All I know is, if this fight goes through, Conor REALLY loves money.

But, back to MMA ... I like the Yair Rodriguez / Frankie Edgar a lot. That 211 card is nice.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

100% agreed. It'd be quite funny to see and prob bruise Floyd's ego abit
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

Why is the UFC still granting Vitor Belfort fights? And I think he was ranked 9th too. When I got back into mma a year ago, I couldn't believe the phenom was still hanging around. Time for him to let it go.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Why is the UFC still granting Vitor Belfort fights? And I think he was ranked 9th too. When I got back into mma a year ago, I couldn't believe the phenom was still hanging around. Time for him to let it go.

You are right! In the last two years he has lost 4 of his 5 fights, but I think he is still a sentimental draw when he fights in Brazil. But at 39 yo, his best years are obviously behind him...

Time to become a TRAINER...
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

You are right! In the last two years he has lost 4 of his 5 fights, but I think he is still a sentimental draw when he fights in Brazil. But at 39 yo, his best years are obviously behind him...

Time to become a TRAINER...

Hear you loud and clear bruh. Hard for the organization to pass up that Brazilian cheese that comes from the diehard faithful but at some point, even the the queso wells for Chavez Sr., DLH, Morales, Barrera in boxing dried up. And the jig looks even more up in Vitor's case than it was with the former.

I just hope they don't blow up the victory for Gastelum like it appears some are. That was a win that most middleweights on the roster would have netted.

Plus there's heavy backlash from Belfort's TRT usage and such. Seems like everyone outside of Brazil has had it with the dude. Becoming a coach and commentator for the Brazilian broadcasts seems like the right move. We're getting into long term damage issues now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Vitor's chin was dust. Dude dropped like a bag of potatoes twice. Ain't no flash knockdowns for him, just sleep

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Just read that Josh Burkman (one of the guys from one of the first TUFs) lost and retired in the undercard.

Father time has been knocking on the door for Anderson Silva, Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort. Should have done the same. Anything now is just unnessisary punishment.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Andre Ward interviews Daniel Cormier on upcoming fight vs Anthony Johnson
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

no hype for the DC Rumble rematch?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

debatttting on whether to pay for it but yea, I'm hyped man. I can't call who's gunna win.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

debatttting on whether to pay for it but yea, I'm hyped man. I can't call who's gunna win.

I got DC by wrestle-(bleep). He took an AJ killshot in their last fight and tapped him out. Rumble basically needs that that...if it goes long, he's done.

With that said...DC ain't getting any younger...
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

I got DC by wrestle-(bleep). He took an AJ killshot in their last fight and tapped him out. Rumble basically needs that that...if it goes long, he's done.

Yeah, DC was full on granite chin mode for that one. Rumble got way too excited and Daniel just slowly dragged him into the deep waters. Maybe Johnson lands an uppercut this time like he did against Teixeira or takes a page out of McGregor's 2nd fight against Diaz and take some off his shots and keep the distance. DC just has a motor man and that wrestling background has conditioned him to outlast. So, unless Rumble catches DC and can stay calm enough to keep distance and put more shots (including kicks) together, only chance he has is Father Time.

Anyone interest in Mousasi/Weidman? Kind of seems like Gegard should pick him apart and just beat Chris down but what happens if Weidman shocks? I'm intrigued.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, DC was full on granite chin mode for that one. Rumble got way too excited and Daniel just slowly dragged him into the deep waters. Maybe Johnson lands an uppercut this time like he did against Teixeira or takes a page out of McGregor's 2nd fight against Diaz and take some off his shots and keep the distance. DC just has a motor man and that wrestling background has conditioned him to outlast. So, unless Rumble catches DC and can stay calm enough to keep distance and put more shots (including kicks) together, only chance he has is Father Time.

Anyone interest in Mousasi/Weidman? Kind of seems like Gegard should pick him apart and just beat Chris down but what happens if Weidman shocks? I'm intrigued.

All 3 of yall nailed my exact feelings on DC/Rumble lol. If I had to bet money though I'd bet DC can withstand Rumble's standup long enough to tire him out.

The Mousasi/Weidman fight looks interesting too! I'm not familiar with either fighter though. Can't wait to watch the highlights cuz I'll be at the Dfenders game during the fights
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

All 3 of yall nailed my exact feelings on DC/Rumble lol. If I had to bet money though I'd bet DC can withstand Rumble's standup long enough to tire him out.

The Mousasi/Weidman fight looks interesting too! I'm not familiar with either fighter though. Can't wait to watch the highlights cuz I'll be at the Dfenders game during the fights

I actually never pony up for UFC PPV's and just catch all the bootleg (literally and quality-wise) blurred youtube versions that get posted immediately after an event is finished although I was going to catch one at Buffalo Wild Wings for 209 until Khabib pulled out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I actually never pony up for UFC PPV's and just catch all the bootleg (literally and quality-wise) blurred youtube versions that get posted immediately after an event is finished although I was going to catch one at Buffalo Wild Wings for 209 until Khabib pulled out.

Same, it's too expensive. It's like $60 per right?
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

DC will win.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Same, it's too expensive. It's like $60 per right?

Yessir - $59.95

I don't mind dropping 40 at BWW on food and drink to watch it. And none of my homeys are into UFC enough to go in with me.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

DC is going to avoid the big shot and wrestle AJ for 5 rounds. AJ's power is mainly in that right hand.

Weidman is done. he dropped quickly.. can't believe bisbing is the champ of that division.. shows how weak it is. Romero will be champ eventually... after GSP vacates the belt.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

I'm going to a coworker's house for DC/Rumble 2. I only got into MMA/UFC a couple of years ago, but this seems like a great matchup (after I watched the first fight last night). I want Rumble to win, and I think he can if he does not throw any kicks (leaving him vulnerable to a take-down). DC has already proven he can wear Rumble down quickly with wrestling and take-downs. I think DC will win again though. He seems way too strong and well conditioned.

Also, who do you guys have for GSP/Bisping?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I'm going to a coworker's house for DC/Rumble 2. I only got into MMA/UFC a couple of years ago, but this seems like a great matchup (after I watched the first fight last night). I want Rumble to win, and I think he can if he does not throw any kicks (leaving him vulnerable to a take-down). DC has already proven he can wear Rumble down quickly with wrestling and take-downs. I think DC will win again though. He seems way too strong and well conditioned.

I know I'm opening myself up to be eviscerated by I can't help but find myself hoping Bisping wins, other-worldly douchiness and all. That way, he gets what's coming to him against Romero and GSP gets the facial for cherry-picking the easiest path to a title.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Maybe I'm picking with the heart, or with DC hatred clouding my judgment, but Rumble has this one by KO.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I know I'm opening myself up to be eviscerated by I can't help but find myself hoping Bisping wins, other-worldly douchiness and all. That way, he gets what's coming to him against Romero and GSP gets the facial for cherry-picking the easiest path to a title.

I really wanted Bisping to have to give Romero a title shot too, until I saw that fight where Romero took his sweet time coming back in the ring
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

DC Open Workout -

Rumble Open Workout -

DC look like the weight cut got to him a lil bit? Eyes look a lil sunken in to me
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 403 of 499
Jump to: