LaVar Ball (Lonzo Ball's father)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Anyone see the footage of Lavar Ball playing in 2002 Chino Hills league? Homie got exposed.

I'd like to see footage of his college days....back in his peak physical shape....wheres the Cal State LA/Washington State footage?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

rebirthoftheM wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
This dude is ghetto.

Plains and simple.

Hes cancerous and don't give me the he's a great father crap. GheTTO

Yeah, which has been pretty much the undertone of all the criticisms of Lavar. "He took ghetto" aka he too barbershop aka he took black. I won't assume you are not black yourself, but racially coded language like that is unbecoming.

He doesn't tone down his persona to suit white sensibilities on national tv. Little wonder that the greatest proportion (of what I've seen reading comments) of folks supporting Lavar are black, whilst the greatest proportion of folks hating happen not to be black. No surprises.

Well as long as he keeps aggravating Stephen A. Smith it makes for good TV.....I know he talks a lot of trash and can't back it up but he's a genius not because of the claims he makes but how the media keeps coming back for more.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

What if this guy isn't even crazy at all but is actually a mastermind who is just trolling us all for attention?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Completely underwhelming end to UCLA's season when they had the talent to go to the Final Four.

UCLA got screwed with the #3 seed. They should not have been playing a team that good until the Elite 8. Imagine if they got the same matchups Arizona got, or even Oregon. Would have needed to suffer a big upset to not make the Elite 8.

I know they are a 1 seed but Gonzaga is in the Final 4 and still doesn't get to play anybody higher than a 4 seed. I want to see them tested by better teams. They were playing an 11 seed in the Elite 8 and will play a 7 seed in the Final 4. Unbelievable.

they screwed themselves. they weren't good enough to advance deep into the tournament, period.

It's a tournament based so much on luck.
Make every round a one game elimination round and the 2001 Lakers lose the Finals to the 76ers.

Only because of the draw...you still have win 6 games to become an NCAA champion. Thats why teams that usually have been together for more than one season usually wins it all. They have the chemistry and have figured out how to win despite setbacks. Notable exceptions being the 2003 Syracuse and 2012 Kentucky team.

I'm watching Gonzaga in the Final 4 and they are playing a 7 seed with its leading scorer having the flu. And he is clearly affected by it. Has a team ever had it as easy as Gonzaga? They still haven't played a team as tough as Kentucky yet. I'd love UCLA's chances if they didn't face anything higher than a 4 seed until the 6th game instead of the 3rd game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Dad making new friends....
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/04/06/lavar-ball-trashes-lonzos-teammates-for-tournament-exit/
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What if this guy isn't even crazy at all but is actually a mastermind who is just trolling us all for attention?

Seriously starting to think this also
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19097642/lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

Oh, this (bleep) right here ... first of all, to the individuals upstream suggesting that LaVar Ball is a mastermind for trolling everyone with his schtick: he's a 48 year old man, FFS! If you're an adult of any age and you find yourself engaging in "trollish" behavior (whatever the (bleep) that entails), you're not a mastermind. You're a (bleep) weirdo, and you should seek mental health services. Period, full (bleep) stop. Whether or not he's trying to rile others up for greater marketing momentum is irrelevant. Trolling to expand your son's brand is despicable, and I hope to the heavens that it doesn't work. Anyway, the bullseye on the back of Lonzo just expanded considerably, because ...

News flash, LaVar ... it wasn't the white guys on the Bruins roster who cost UCLA the NCAA title. No, no, no ... it was actually the black guys on the Kentucky Wildcats roster who were running circles around your son. THAT'S why UCLA didn't progress past the Sweet 16 ... 'member, your son was busy being lit-up like a (bleep) Christmas tree by De'Aaron Fox and Malik Monk. So, maybe instead of making a fool of yourself by writing checks Lonzo's gonna have to cash, give some thought to teaching your kid some defense at some point. He's gonna need it with the fusillade of abuse his dear old dad has spent the past few months ordering-up for him ... I can't wait to see Steph drop 50 on that kid - over and over and over again. Sad to say, but his father's gone that far ...

(bleep) this guy ... troll or not ... (bleep) him continuously.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

When Lavar has a stellar college career averaging 2.2 points, I think white, brown, black, asian, pretty much any person across all races have run circles around him playing the game of basketball....
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

While Lonzo was gimpy all tournament, I can't exactly fault what Lavar was saying. Leaf was horrendous on defense as well as Alford (though neither was the major cause of the loss). Welsh is what he is, a slow 7 footer who mans the paint but he did his job. Contrary to the association's rant, it was the guards Hamilton and Holiday (who btw are not white so Lavar was in the wrong there) that really got burned on D, basically whatever guard Lonzo switched away from did major damage. Lonzo actually played decent defense for someone with a bad hip and closed out on shooters well.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
While Lonzo was gimpy all tournament, I can't exactly fault what Lavar was saying. Leaf was horrendous on defense as well as Alford (though neither was the major cause of the loss). Welsh is what he is, a slow 7 footer who mans the paint but he did his job. Contrary to the association's rant, it was the guards Hamilton and Holiday (who btw are not white so Lavar was in the wrong there) that really got burned on D, basically whatever guard Lonzo switched away from did major damage. Lonzo actually played decent defense for someone with a bad hip and closed out on shooters well.

Lonzo was a non-factor - period. Excuses are just noise at this point. And from what I've seen, he's yet to show me any reason to believe he'll be a game changer at the next level. He failed to rise to the occasion in his biggest test as a collegian, so that's a big concern.

The UK guards had exceptional games. Lonzo failed to launch. I suspect that he's going to be a bust, and that neither of his brothers will stick in the NBA either ... so, yeah ... LaVar's billion dollar sneaker deal is as locked-in as you might imagine from a 2 PPG guy who talks a 37 PPG game. All smoke, no fire ...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Lonzo was a non-factor - period. Excuses are just noise at this point. And from what I've seen, he's yet to show me any reason to believe he'll be a game changer at the next level. He failed to rise to the occasion in his biggest test as a collegian, so that's a big concern.

The UK guards had exceptional games. Lonzo failed to launch. I suspect that he's going to be a bust, and that neither of his brothers will stick in the NBA either ... so, yeah ... LaVar's billion dollar sneaker deal is as locked-in as you might imagine from a 2 PPG guy who talks a 37 PPG game. All smoke, no fire ...

You can hate the dad, but the son is for real. I'd like to see you play with a bruised hip and tell me it doesn't affect you at all.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
the association wrote:
rwongega wrote:

You can hate the dad, but the son is for real. I'd like to see you play with a bruised hip and tell me it doesn't affect you at all.

I'm sure a hip injury would affect anyone. Of course it would affect me. But I don't have a marketing disaster of a father running his mouth about me getting a $1B shoe deal, either. The issue is that Lonzo looked like the sixth or seventh best player on the floor two weeks ago. A greater talent just wouldn't fade into that much irrelevance with a hip injury. And it certainly didn't help that the two guys who play in the backcourt on the opposing team looked like All NBA players against UCLA not once, but twice this season. Was Lonzo also injured in December when he was outplayed by Monk and Fox, too?

I think Lonzo's overrated. And I think his father's mouth is going to make his professional career more difficult than it needs to be. That's all ...
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

The elder Ball needs to go crawl back up in his sons scrotum and refrain from spewing any more ignorant blatantly racist remarks.
If I was Lonzo I would be like
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19097642/lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

Oh, this (bleep) right here ... first of all, to the individuals upstream suggesting that LaVar Ball is a mastermind for trolling everyone with his schtick: he's a 48 year old man, FFS! If you're an adult of any age and you find yourself engaging in "trollish" behavior (whatever the (bleep) that entails), you're not a mastermind. You're a (bleep) weirdo, and you should seek mental health services. Period, full (bleep) stop. Whether or not he's trying to rile others up for greater marketing momentum is irrelevant. Trolling to expand your son's brand is despicable, and I hope to the heavens that it doesn't work. Anyway, the bullseye on the back of Lonzo just expanded considerably, because ...

Trolling worked really well for Skip Bayless. This is going too far though, even for someone who is obviously a troll. What he said is clearly racist.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

It is interesting the double standard that LaVar Ball is able to exploit.

I personally am not offended by his comments and I am white. I think they are off-base a bit if you watched that game, his son certainly didn't exhibit great foot speed and that game and was burned repeatedly as was Alford for sure.

But the double standard I am referring to is what if say Thomas Welch's dad said something along the lines "UCLA lost because the black players didn't play smart" or something ridiculous like that.

I have a feeling the media would go completely ape, it is strange that LaVar seems to be in a weird sort of Charles Barkley place where he can say whatever he wants and no one gets upset.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
It is interesting the double standard that LaVar Ball is able to exploit.

I personally am not offended by his comments and I am white. I think they are off-base a bit if you watched that game, his son certainly didn't exhibit great foot speed and that game and was burned repeatedly as was Alford for sure.

But the double standard I am referring to is what if say Thomas Welch's dad said something along the lines "UCLA lost because the black players didn't play smart" or something ridiculous like that.

I have a feeling the media would go completely ape, it is strange that LaVar seems to be in a weird sort of Charles Barkley place where he can say whatever he wants and no one gets upset.

Check Twitter Lanny. People are definitely upset. No one is siding with LaVar here. Trust me lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

He's a clown.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Lord help this man if his sons crash and burn in the league.

!...
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I feel like parents like this be low-key jealous of their own kids and try to sabotage them.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

Wow he's pretty racist as well...I'm not even white, but let a white guy say something like "we did not meet our expectations because of those 3 black guys" that white person would be banned from whatever they were doing. People would be out protesting some stuff ...

Just like Mr Clark said, in big games Lonzo has been torched on defense, let's focus on that.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Wow he's pretty racist as well...I'm not even white, but let a white guy say something like "we did not meet our expectations because of those 3 black guys" that white person would be banned from whatever they were doing. People would be out protesting some stuff ...

Just like Mr Clark said, in big games Lonzo has been torched on defense, let's focus on that.

I agree but at the same time after seeing him on one of those morning sports shows I really think he's just a mastermind trolling for attention. He knows what he's doing and exploiting it to his advantage.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

this was kinda funny lol
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
He's a clown.

LaVar is a cancer for the game. I would NEVER buy a piece of
anything he sells....

What a BS artist and a horrible person this guy is...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

Way to screw up the kid's endorsements dad....
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19264024/nike-armour-adidas-not-interested-deal-lonzo-ball
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

Ugh Lonzo. Figure this out sooner rather than later.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13
Jump to: