Imo the Warriors are a pretty classless bunch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
FFS, this guy is a cupcake if he's behind any of this drama! If what LBJ faced after leaving Cleveland was set at 100 on a 0 - 100 scale, this is a 5 or 6 on a relative basis ...

He's not behind it. He hasn't complained about it at all as far as I know. There was a report (that has been refuted by Kerr) that his Warriors teammates were upset by it. I doubt KD is losing sleep over this.

As far as LeBron, I see the situations a little bit differently. The Decision special was a real slap in the face to Cavs fans. They certainly overreacted, but LeBron sort of asked for it on his first trip back. Durant didn't rub it in anyone's faces or have a TV special. They were incredibly lucky to have him for the time they did. I think they'll regret the way they handled it.

What both Durant and LeBron have in common is that the teams they left didn't really do their part and surround them with a competitive supporting cast. LeBron had, at various times, post-prime Zydrunas Ilgalskus, Anderson Varajeo, Mo Williams, Delonte West, and even Daniel freaking Gibson as his sidekicks.

Durant had Westbrook and Ibaka, but management really screwed him by trading away Harden and Jeff Green and not retaining Reggie Jackson and others. Westbrook and Ibaka are obviously much better than what LeBron had, but my point is that their fans should get angry at their management before they get mad at the players for leaving. LeBron and Durant made those teams relevant to begin with.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
FFS, this guy is a cupcake if he's behind any of this drama! If what LBJ faced after leaving Cleveland was set at 100 on a 0 - 100 scale, this is a 5 or 6 on a relative basis ...

He's not behind it. He hasn't complained about it at all as far as I know. There was a report (that has been refuted by Kerr) that his Warriors teammates were upset by it. I doubt KD is losing sleep over this.

As far as LeBron, I see the situations a little bit differently. The Decision special was a real slap in the face to Cavs fans. They certainly overreacted, but LeBron sort of asked for it on his first trip back. Durant didn't rub it in anyone's faces or have a TV special. They were incredibly lucky to have him for the time they did. I think they'll regret the way they handled it.

What both Durant and LeBron have in common is that the teams they left didn't really do their part and surround them with a competitive supporting cast. LeBron had, at various times, post-prime Zydrunas Ilgalskus, Anderson Varajeo, Mo Williams, Delonte West, and even Daniel freaking Gibson as his sidekicks.

Durant had Westbrook and Ibaka, but management really screwed him by trading away Harden and Jeff Green and not retaining Reggie Jackson and others. Westbrook and Ibaka are obviously much better than what LeBron had, but my point is that their fans should get angry at their management before they get mad at the players for leaving. LeBron and Durant made those teams relevant to begin with.

lebron does not at all suffer from lack of talent around him, gimme a break. not in the past not now.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

I've seen far more classless teams than the Warriors.

--2000 Blazers

--2002 Queens

--2010 Celtics

Warriors aren't even close. Curry/Thompson are pretty classy. Draymond is wild, but still likeable IMO. Draymond isn't anywhere near as bad as Pippen, Wallace, Rondo, Pierce, Divac, etc.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
I've seen far more classless teams than the Warriors.

--2000 Blazers

--2002 Queens

--2010 Celtics

Warriors aren't even close. Curry/Thompson are pretty classy. Draymond is wild, but still likeable IMO. Draymond isn't anywhere near as bad as Pippen, Wallace, Rondo, Pierce, Divac, etc.

Exactly.

They're not even as douchey as the 2013 HEAT

Edit: I'll also add the current Clippers regime is also douchey

Last edited by 22 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kicking people in the groin is wild and likeable now?

Curry doing all that showboating is classy? I'll admit it can be entertaining if you don't hate him but it's definitely not classy.

And seriously, a lot of this has to do with which teams you like or hate. A LOT of people hated Kobe. A lot of them hated Shaq. A lot of them hated Artest/World Peace. Even Fisher was hated. It's not like Laker fans are all good, unbiased people and all the other fans are stupid.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Draymond isn't anywhere near as bad as Pippen, Wallace, Rondo, Pierce, Divac, etc.

Draymond is clearly the worst of the bunch IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: