TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 11/7 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Droppin' the A-Bomb. 20/14 in only 29 minutes? Impressive, very impressive. His two blocks on James may have saved the game, too. I love this kid's attitude as much as his skills. Remember when he was first drafted and some reporter asked him about the differences between him and Shaq and he said, "I can make my free throws."

Kobe had an efficient game, but didn't score in the 4th and only took one shot. Very un-Kobe-like, but, while he is recovering, he's playing more the decoy and the facilitator.

Luke had an Odom-like game. Odom had a sluggish game, but still came through when the team needed him.

Smush frustrates me to no end. He's still a matador. One pick and he's out of the play. He's indecisive on offense. Is he a spot up shooter? A penetrator? He shows more attitude off the court than on.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Bynum's impressed so much even Laker hater Rick Kamla is hyping him up. He was giving his man props for picking Bynum as most improved player before the regular season started (based on preaseason play) and Kamla thought that was out there. Now Kamla thinks it will happen and he's the frontrunner right now.

When the biggest of Laker haters are on the Bynum bandwagon - you know the Lakers have done something huge .....

Kamla is giving bynum MIP support???? Amazing!- Bynum is making people, even haters believe!
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

In regards to Cook, I think it was probably more of a matchup problem that has limited his minutes of late.

They used him against Phoenix and Golden State and eased back when playing Seattle the second time and Minnie.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

This team will be scary good once guys like Ronny, Vlad, Evans, and Farmar start to really grasp the triangle. All of them were missing cuts and their spots on the floor last night.
jkita
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

BYNUM!! Oh freak, I want to say I can't wait to see what this guy grows up to be, but it seems like I'm seeing it happen now! I don't know that I want Brown or Mihm to come back. Bynum may not be as consistent down there, but he's such a huge threat to other teams on both ends of the floor! I say Kwame comes back and gets the minutes he needs to test his abilities in comparison, but I say Bynum is in the starting rotation once again at the end of the season.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Great recap as always DB!! I seems like the starters built a big lead and it was cut down by the 2nd unit. But, we held an opponent under 90 pts for the first time this year. Was that a product of:

a) the T'Wolves not really being a playoff team
b) the T'Wolves played the night before
c) the Lakers are improving
d) PJ didn't play around with lineups

I'm hoping it is "c"

Thanks!

e) All of the above.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject:

One thing I noticed. Was there ever a time last night when Kobe and Lamar was out of the game together?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I love what Kareem has taught Bynum. He's using his length and moves to force the defender into the air, and then drawing the contact. It's nice to see that, unlike shaq, it's not all power moves.

The other thing I like is how well he's picking up defense. A lot of people have questioned his hops, but again, by playing a "grounded" game and judiciously applying his length, he's getting blocks and a lot of alters without the fouls. Turiaf, for example, has to hustle and leap for his blocks, exposing himself to fouls.

I think Bynum is being brought along correctly on both ends.

Kudos to the Laker coaching staff, as well as the youngster himself!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
One thing I noticed. Was there ever a time last night when Kobe and Lamar was out of the game together?

You can always find the rotations and stints listed in Popcorn's Game Flows.

(The answer is: No).
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Freakout wrote:

You can always find the rotations and stints listed in Popcorn's Game Flows.

(The answer is: No).

Makes one strongly wonder whether or not Phil really wanted to win on Sunday.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks as always, DB.

WOW.

The future looks bright for the Kid.

I am STILL worried about his stamina and endurance over the course of a whole year, not to mention opposing teams' scouts catching up and game-planning to shut him down.

That being said, if Bynum can average 10-11 points and 5-7 boards per game over about 75-80 games, I'll certainly be happy with Drew's obvious progress.

Games like this, though, make me freaking giddy.

MIM
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 11/7 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Kobe -- He lit into guys in a shoot around today to get them to carry the team and not depend on him.
This was also mentioned with Jack Haley that speaks volumes on Kobe telling the team to get its act together - can one spell maturity?!?!?! Hopefully, this will prompt/quicken the P&G to learn how to put teams away and to perform during crunch time ("Winning Time"). Remember the days of Shaq/Kobe that if they were leading and/or close to the lead at the start of the 4th quarter - they won many more games then they lost? That's the next main step - outside of all the other issues in the process of getting there
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 11/7 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Farmar -- -- A day after Phil gives him some props, Jordan had his weakest outing of the season. He hit the rim on a 50-footer at the first quarter buzzer, so you can probably take that one off the stat sheet. He didn't score in 16 minutes, going 0-7 (0-4 from three), but he had 3 assists, 1 steal and a board in that time. He missed a pull-up wing jumper. He was blocked on a layup on the break, but LO cleaned it up. He crashed the offensive glass, came up with the board, then fed Bynum cutting for the dunk. He missed a three against the shotclock. Nice D on Hudson to knock a ball loose, but the TWolves recovered. He missed an easy score off a weakside cut, indecisive whether to bank or float it in, so he went in between.
Paul Westphal thought that, despite his stats not being very good, was effective in changing the tempo of the game, gaining more confidence from the other players of his abilities and providing more evidence that he can play this game effectively. Do people agree with this assessment? In comparision to Smush, one knows what to expect from Jordan - E&E - with Smush, a great play with a bunch of bonehead plays coming from a player that has a lot of talent (the saddest thing about this statement).

When Kwame starts playing, hopefully (THANK GOD) we won't see Cook at the "5" for any length of time. It appears that a line-up of Vlad/Cook/Luke/Evans/Farmar should be an offensive boost (at the sacrifice of defense) that hasn't happened yet. Any reason why it hasn't worked so far?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: